View Poll Results: Should I buy The Stom 2 When it comes out for Bell

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 64.29%
  • No

5 35.71%
    Hi, I never owned a phone in my life and i am following the storm 2 fourm for about 5-6 months and i dont know if the storm 2 is for me. Im having doubts about buying it after i see the bad reviews and the problems with it. So should i buy the storm 2 or buy another phone?

thx
    12-09-09 08:54 PM
    If this is going to be your first phone i would personally say no. Especially if it is your first blackberry.

I don't know if your carrier has the curve, but the curve is much more beginner oriented as far as the blackberry stand point is concerned.

Hope that helps.
    12-09-09 08:57 PM
    That's a pretty complicated phone to be getting for your first one EVER. I would start with something simpler first. I mean, you're more than welcome to jump right in. You'll either sink or swim, so they say. If you do decide to get that phone just be sure its what you really want. And be prepared to have to deal with technical issues from time to time. Best of luck to you with whatever phone you decide to get!!
    12-09-09 09:01 PM
    Is owning a BB that complicated cuz my friend (who isnt the sharpest knife in the drawer) owns A bold 9000 and he is flying on it.

And as for tech issues i m very tech savvy so i can handles some issues
    12-09-09 09:06 PM
    Once you get the hang of it, the S2 is just as easy to use as any other phone.
    12-09-09 09:17 PM
    If you like touchscreens, go for it. Although almost any other BB will probably provide a better initial experience. Go Bold or Tour in my opinion.
    12-09-09 09:19 PM
    The learning curve will be steep, but that's why you visit crackberry. Go for it!
    12-10-09 07:58 AM
    Thats pretty ironic for someone who calls themselve 'tech savvy' and yet never owning a phone...

So some may find my answer strange, but I say go for the Storm if it interest you (researching 5-6months in a product is a vast amount of interest lol)... anyway like I was saying... if you havent used a phone before, you wont really know what to expect...right? So just go with the flow, quirks an all...

By the way, despite some of the reviews, I'm happy with my with Storm. Everyones free to their own opinion, and reviewers that pick out the negative stuff is just as important as the reviewers who just focus on the positive.
    Last edited by The Gift; 12-10-09 at 08:13 AM.
    12-10-09 08:10 AM
    Is the S2 for you, well you done 5-6mths of research on it, but have you actually gone into a store and physically handled one and played with it for a while. That would be my first suggestion to you. I came from having an 8330Curve with Verizon and I think I'm doing ok with the Storm2. There are some quirks with the phone but no phone is 100% perfect. There are plenty of people in the forum willing to help and there is the search option as well to see if your issue may have already been discussed as well. I am 100% happy with my S2 even with the few little quirks.

Good luck with your choice

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ScorpionPrincess; 12-10-09 at 09:07 AM.
    12-10-09 09:05 AM
    Hi, I never owned a phone in my life and i am following the storm 2 fourm for about 5-6 months and i dont know if the storm 2 is for me. Im having doubts about buying it after i see the bad reviews and the problems with it. So should i buy the storm 2 or buy another phone?

thx
    If you have been following the Storm 2 forum "5-6 months"--before it even became available--then I would say skip the S2 and get the Storm 3.
    12-10-09 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD