Any storm users get the socialscope update from 9.5.44 to 9.5.81?

Wondering if it is device specific...
    12-09-09 05:02 PM
    It must be device specific. Just checked for an update within the app and it says I am up to date.
    12-09-09 06:15 PM
    Socialscope asks that users keep this to yourself as not everybody is on the same version. You break your agreement when you openly talk what versions you have
    12-09-09 06:19 PM
    They only give the update to certain people. Despite the fact that I have used and tested this app from almost the beginning I'm still on the old version.
    12-09-09 06:23 PM
    They only give the update to certain people. Despite the fact that I have used and tested this app from almost the beginning I'm still on the old version.
    From what I have seen, people get updates that give the most feedback and are the power users of the app. Doesnt mean that includes everybody that does but if you dont give a ton of feedback, you get left out.
    12-09-09 06:28 PM
    I want to try socialscope.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 06:51 PM
    just updated via twitter:
    socialscope:
    Its true @foursquare and much more! Is coming to everyone we're staggering the roll out so our servers don't melt
    12-09-09 09:06 PM
    Can't wait please give me an update

12-09-09 09:23 PM
    will do once more info Is given out

12-09-09 10:13 PM
    Can sombody who has it please host it on their own server? I'm getting way too impatient.

12-10-09 09:26 AM
    ^ that would violate their terms of agreement which specifically state that you cannot share the beta with anyone else....
    12-10-09 10:51 AM
    ^ that would violate their terms of agreement which specifically state that you cannot share the beta with anyone else....
    I'm aware of that, but it would get it out there faster, and if you have the ss beta then you know that you cannot use the app unless you log in with your ss usrename and password.

12-10-09 11:00 AM
    I'm aware of that, but it would get it out there faster, and if you have the ss beta then you know that you cannot use the app unless you log in with your ss usrename and password.

aah i see what you are saying..don't know if that's still violating the terms or not - since they are pushing updates to only certain users, it might not be setup for the load it would experience should someone post it online for all to download....
    12-10-09 11:10 AM
    aah i see what you are saying..don't know if that's still violating the terms or not - since they are pushing updates to only certain users, it might not be setup for the load it would experience should someone post it online for all to download....
    From what their tweet said they are rolling it out slowly so they don't overload their servers. I don't think they would mind if it got leaked on a public server to reduce stress on theirs.

12-10-09 11:12 AM
    I wouldn't risk getting yanked from the beta by doing that. I'm sure they have some code in there to match up the leaked version to the original owner.
    12-10-09 12:28 PM
    Socialscope asks that users keep this to yourself as not everybody is on the same version. You break your agreement when you openly talk what versions you have
    Phew. Good thing I didn't say what version I have.

Hosting the jad won't help since they seem to have to update their database to reflect what version you should have. So if you have the "wrong" version it forces you to update to the "right" one. Or so I hear...
    12-10-09 12:28 PM
    You're all complaining about not getting an update? Eff you! Most of us don't even have the frign beta!!
    12-10-09 10:03 PM
    Phew. Good thing I didn't say what version I have.

Hosting the jad won't help since they seem to have to update their database to reflect what version you should have. So if you have the "wrong" version it forces you to update to the "right" one. Or so I hear...
    Yea I can verify this. I was able to get the update unofficially, but the server would not let me use it.
    12-10-09 10:07 PM
    got the update
    12-10-09 10:14 PM
    dont think anyone would be breaking any agreement (now) since socialscope has already said the new updates are rolling out to everyone slowly so they wont fry their servers and all the screen shots popping up on twitter as to what version and what the new ui looks like in 0.9.5.81
    12-10-09 11:30 PM
    got the update
    do you have ss "lite" or some other version?
    12-11-09 08:15 AM
    You're all complaining about not getting an update? Eff you! Most of us don't even have the frign beta!!
    Well then you don't know what you're missing, but we do!

12-11-09 08:26 AM
    I signed. Up on their site to get a copy. How long does it typically take for them to send one?

12-11-09 10:30 AM
    months, if not longer
    12-11-09 10:44 AM
    I received my invite within a few minutes, others a few days, others a few months. What I've noticed is they will open the "window" for a short period at any given time and that is how some are able to get an invite pretty quickly. After I tried for weeks, one day I tried using a different email address and literally within five minutes I had the invite. I quickly came here and told people I just got an invite, others who were on the thread signed up and received theirs just as fast...
    12-11-09 10:54 AM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD