Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opera Mini 4.2

11 27.50%
  • Bolt

12 30.00%
  • Opera Mini 5 Beta

17 42.50%
    What is your opinion? Which one would you recommend to others? What is your thoughts on switching from Opera to Bolt?

Right now I am using Opera Mini and works well with my Online banking. However since Bolt has been updated and can be used as the default browser.

Does Bolt work good with online banking? And does it work well when you select it as the default browser?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 12:50 PM
    I have used both. Honestly, I liked Opera Mini 5 Beta Version 1 better than Bolt. However, the new Version 2 has a lot of problems, at least with the Tour. As I can find a link to re-install Version 1, I am now using the newest version of Bolt.

IMO, try out your favorite web sites on both and see which works better overall for you. In my case, I mostly use the browser for my work e-mail, which is horrible on the BB Browser.
    12-09-09 01:18 PM
    I find the Bolt's text to be really hard to read on my Pearl. It's very narrow and putting text in any field entry box is a hassel with the last character disappearing after you get out of the box. The new Opera Mini 5 beta wasn't fun to use either. I'm sticking with Opera Mini 4.2 for now.
    12-09-09 01:28 PM
    I have the opera 5 beta 2 and love it.It works great on my 9700.I find myself using it more than any other browser.In fact I just deleted bolt from my phone.Opera seems so much faster.The only downfall IMO is the small text in the web bar when putting in web sites.I hope they make it bigger on the final release

12-09-09 02:58 PM
    I use opera mini only because it seems to be quicker.

12-09-09 03:23 PM
    Opera beta 2 seems to be the fasted browser for me.

12-09-09 03:28 PM
    I like Opera 4.X. Not a fan of the v5 beta. When I have tried Bolt, I didn't like it visually - too small and too hard to read. Changing the settings didn't seem to help.
    12-09-09 04:51 PM
    I use Opera 4.2. Bolt is just about as fast but at the end of a long day my tired eyes have a problem reading the screen with Bolt and that is with the font set to the largest size.
    12-09-09 04:59 PM
    I use Opera Mini 4.2 Bolt is ok and I use it sometimes but not often. Beta 5 was a hassle so I went back to 4.2 Really it all comes down to personal preference.

12-10-09 08:38 PM
    I never tried Opera Mini beta, since I saw a lot of posts about bugs.

Opera Mini 4.2 works great.

I tried Bolt and deleted it, since it ran slower than the BB browser.
    12-10-09 08:48 PM
    I prefer Opera Mini 4.2. It's much more "user friendly" for non-touch devices. The nice feature of OM 5, I miss in 4.2, is I don't have to tell it to use WiFi--it automatically switches to it.
    12-11-09 04:42 PM
    Opera mini5 beta2 for me.

12-11-09 09:39 PM
    So I tried the new bolt and it alright. Sometimes it works and other time it freezes. I hear people talking of the opera mini 5 beta2. Also Mini 4.2.
    My question is what is the opera mobile 10 Beta?
    12-12-09 12:03 AM
    100% hands down, Bold (v1.6) - using this on the Tour.

Out of the (3); default BB browser, Bolt, Opera - Bolt is 10x faster.

Tried out Opera, wasn't for me.
    12-12-09 12:16 AM
    using bolt 1.6 and the new (newly updated ) beta 5> (works with the trackball now) and love the tabbed browsing and dont hijack ur browser anymore loving it now more
    12-12-09 12:39 AM
    Opera Mini 5 beta is by far the fastest Browser for me. I tried Bolt but I didn't like the GUI.
    12-12-09 05:50 AM
    What is your opinion? Which one would you recommend to others? What is your thoughts on switching from Opera to Bolt?

Right now I am using Opera Mini and works well with my Online banking. However since Bolt has been updated and can be used as the default browser.

Does Bolt work good with online banking? And does it work well when you select it as the default browser?

I use both Opera Mini and Bolt and Here's the reason why: sometimes when it comes to creating in an account it requires you to use your PC and BOLT is the best when it comes to that. Opera Mini is also a good browser, it's quicker and a little more bold in appearance especially when viewing your email in the mobile setting. So both browsers have its pros' and cons. BOLT, when viewing You Tube will play the video without using my device media player. OPERA Mini won't play the video at all, not even link it to my device media player.

12-12-09 09:52 PM
    My question is what is the opera mobile 10 Beta?
    Opera Mobile is a full browser (no proxy server used). There is no version of Opera Mobile for the BB, only Windows Mobile and Symbian.
    12-13-09 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD