Is there a way to rename the the way the BB shows up in My Computer drive list? I have a USB drive that I can change the name so it shows up as "USB drive (F)" or whatever I name it. I would like to change the BB from "Removable Device" to something more easily recognizable when I have many devices plugged in at the same time. I have a Curve 8320.
    Thanks!
    05-24-08 12:00 PM
    Try right clicking My computer > Manage and renaming the F: (Bberry) to another drive letter available.

Unless you mean renaming the Storage Card inside; (mines called F: Curves) you need to remove your important stuff, and right click the "removable device" > format and you may rename there.
    05-24-08 12:19 PM
    You can do this easily.

Connect your phone to the computer and select Yes to the question 'Do you want to turn on Mass Storage Mode?'

Open My Computer and use click right hand mouse button over the 'removable drive' text/icon. Sroll down to Rename and click the left mouse button.

Rename the drive as you wish but remeber that there is an 11 character length limitation.

Be aware that the name may not be permanent and that any other device that you connect such as a USB stick may well be called the same thing.

It is better imo to leave it as it is and to use the computer behind your eyes to identify the phone.
    05-24-08 12:20 PM
    Yeeesh.

Plug in your BB, Find My Computer (icon, not shortcut icon, on desktop or start menu). Right-click it and choose Manage off the context menu. Then go to Disk Management on the left hand side near the bottom. Find the "Removeable Drive" that's indicative of your BB. Right click on the drive header and choose "Change Drive Letter". Choose another letter from the dropdown and finish the wizard.

Be carefull not to change drive letters on your main C partition or you'll be fracked.

BTW, these instructions work for 2k, XP, and Vista.
    05-24-08 02:57 PM
    Right-click the icon for the BlackBerry removable drive and select rename. You should be able to name it whatever you want from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-08 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD