I couldn't find a thread related to this, so perhaps is doesn't exist (or I am a bad searcher).
    Anyway, One thing I liked about the old trackball is that it would light up, a nice feature in the dark. Is there any way to do this with the new trackpads? And, yes, I know that means that there would need to be an LED under it. Is there? Any hidden setting to turn it on?
    12-09-09 09:02 AM
    i think you will have to make a custom order to the factory to produce that kind of trackpad
    12-09-09 09:15 AM
    I am afraid you are going to have to give up the lighted ball for the dependability and accuracy of the trackpad with no lighting.
    12-09-09 09:25 AM
    You know where the trackpad is anyway. Why does it need to be lit?
    12-09-09 09:26 AM
    This reminds me of the classic Laurel and Hardy sketch where Laurel turns the light on to see if he'd blown the candle out!

the pad is the dark area beneath the bright square thing and above the brightish buttons
    12-09-09 09:50 AM
    It would be pretty sick IMO if RIM made the chrome edge
    around the trackpad light up a faint white, instead of just
    having a black spot in the middle of your sexy BB
    12-09-09 09:55 AM
    It's been talked about and the reason it doesn't work is because it would throw off the optical trackpad. Although the light would help you see the trackpad at night, the trackpad wouldn't work very well whenever that light was on.
    12-09-09 09:56 AM
    Yeah that looks like something that would have to be left to the aftermarket to create. I know that everyone would figure where the trackpad is but I understand him because that was something cool about BBs was the lighted trackball and it would only be the smart thingof RIM to do is light that up but I would not change the trackpad back for a lighted trackball. I guess we want to eat a piece of cake but preserve it entirely in the fridge.
    12-09-09 09:57 AM
    It would be pretty sick IMO if RIM made the chrome edge
    around the trackpad light up a faint white, instead of just
    having a black spot in the middle of your sexy BB
    that was my thought to, but i still manage to find my trackpad in the dark
    12-09-09 10:24 AM
    I had a black HTC G1 trackball in my Bold 9000, so I am used to no light coming from that area.

I love the trackpad. It is amazing!
    12-09-09 10:34 AM
    The white ring or edge would just be something else to yellow. I always used a black trackball. I didn't like my balls yellowing. :-)
    12-09-09 10:38 AM
    The white ring or edge would just be something else to yellow. I always used a black trackball. I didn't like my balls yellowing. :-)
    Just black?
    12-09-09 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD