Morning all,

I have a Bold 9700 on a BES. It worked fine until yesterday afternoon, when suddenly it stopped receiving emails. I can still sends, and Apps like Viigo still work fine.

Pulling my hair out on this. Anyone have any idea what issue is, or had a similar issue? The same thing happened last week when got it up and running, but I think that's because I tried to copy over old emails from my old Bold to the new one (via Desktop Manager) and this killed one of the processes. I had my IT guys re-activate me on the BES

This time, I've done nothing funky, so completely baffled why it's stopped receiving email again...

I've done battery pull, SIM pull, re-registered to network and battery pulled again etc... Still nadda...

All suggestions welcome, pretty please.
    12-09-09 02:30 AM
    I'm having the same problem. Did you find a solution? If you did, can you please share.

Thanks!
    12-14-09 05:40 PM
    Double check that you have the BES service enabled on your carrier plan. If it's not, you'll only get some BES functionality, but not all.
    As a BES admin, this is the single most common problem I encounter. People who order the phones either forget to add that to the plan, or the carrier neglects to add it.
    12-14-09 10:06 PM
    I'm having the same problem. Did you find a solution? If you did, can you please share.

Thanks!
    Hey jwmk - after having the same happen to about 8 other times, I finally started removing apps. Considering it only affected incoming messages (everything else continued to work), I first guessed it had to be something that interferes with my messages...

The first app I removed was Facebook, as this directly fed my message list every time I had a Facebook update...

And guess what? Not had the issue ever since... Do you have the FB app installed? If so, try removing it... You may also have success by just chaging FB to not populate in your message list, but to remain within the FB itself. I haven't tried this, and due to the frustration I've had so far, I'm highly unlikely to try it!

Let me know how you get on... Would be good to know if this is affecting more than just me as I can't find anything else about it anywhere. I am positive it is a RIM/FB bug, but no-one else seems to have the problem yet.

In case you're interested, the article that inspired me to try removing FB first was here: View Document

Strangely though, it doesn't cite the Bold 9700 specifically, and it also says installing the newest version should fix any problems. Well, I had the newest version...

I can only guess there is something between new software on 9700, and FB app that don't jive. Wish there was a way to log this officially with RIM, as I'd love to re-install FB, but only when I have 110% assurance that it won't cause future issues...
    12-15-09 01:13 AM
    jwmk - how did you get on? My above post turned out to be rubbish, as I removed the app, upgraded my OS and the problem still persists.

By any chance - do you have the Bloomberg app on your Bold 9700? The Bloomberg Anywhere version I mean, specifically?

I have a gut feeling this is the problem...
    12-18-09 06:06 AM
    Shouldn't BES questions be asked to your BES admin? It could be an issue on their end.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 06:31 AM
    I'm having an issue with my BES where it receives, but it will not send BES mail.
    12-18-09 07:56 AM
    Shouldn't BES questions be asked to your BES admin? It could be an issue on their end.

Sure, in most cases, they should be - but I've discussed these issues with them at length, and both then and I are equally baffled, hence looking to you guys for a wider pool of help.

Thanks,
    JK
    12-20-09 03:15 PM
    I am having this same problem as well. I don't receive e-mails nor do I get my Facebook messages pushed to my blackberry
    12-20-09 09:04 PM
    Have u guys done the common simple battery pull? That usually fixes some problems...also have u try to perform host routing table in the options?

If that doesn't work then would suggest having the IT staff have a look at ur BES account because u can redirct different folders like inbox is checked off for example and any other sub folders that u may have created in Outlook.

But other than that just like some else above said check with ur carrier att or tmo that u have the enterprise service plan activated. Cause I'm an IT staff and manage a BES as well but our company buys the phones for the employees so our rep puts the correct plan for the user.

12-20-09 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD