i am wondering how long should i wait? I am currently in an area to where ATT does NOT cover and they said they will waive the early termination fee if i send them a fax of the new service along with my current address and so on.

I was about 5 minutes ago going to purchase the Tour through verizon...HOWEVER...i hear dof the new tour 2...and want that phone considering it will have wifi and the whole nine yards...question is when???? when can i buy this phone? im hoping this month...as i am tired of ***** service in my area.
    12-08-09 06:09 PM
    On verizon's forums someone said now it was pushed back to Q2 2010...don't know...
    I would get the tour. I know people who both love it even though they had trackball problems early on.....
    12-08-09 06:13 PM
    I would highly recommend getting the Tour now and then when the Essex does come out you should wait 3 months for all the errors/glitches/software/etc are fixed, then get it!
    12-08-09 06:19 PM
    thing is i dont want to subject myself to a 2 year contract now...then when the new tour comes out..im gonna be bummed out!

i guess i should get the tour now and actually have 3G service for christ sakes...its miserable as all **** without it! im like stroking for a wifi connection just to be happy for a split second of my life LOL

I just hope i dont need wifi with the tour, im hoping its fast enough
    12-08-09 06:21 PM
    thing is i dont want to subject myself to a 2 year contract now...then when the new tour comes out..im gonna be bummed out!

i guess i should get the tour now and actually have 3G service for christ sakes...its miserable as all **** without it! im like stroking for a wifi connection just to be happy for a split second of my life LOL

My 3G is quite fast and love it and not to mention with this hybrid+.191 radio.....um, ! I have had no issues at all with my tour, my crackball is quite smooth and fully operational. It's a tough decisions here for ya though, wait till the Essex comes out and get it or sign a 2 year contract now and get the Tour and be connected with quite speedy 3G!

I always wait at least minimum 3 months to buy any type of technology, that's just me though. I have only been in one area without any signal but that was in a bowl shape neighborhood.
    12-08-09 06:34 PM
    I wonder if you were to change carriers if you could but buy a used phone (i.e. cheaper like a Curve) and wait to get your new phone when the Tour 2 comes out? You could probably then sell your used Curve for about what you paid for it. Honestly don't know if this is possible but worth a phone call?
    12-08-09 06:52 PM
    I wonder if you were to change carriers if you could but buy a used phone (i.e. cheaper like a Curve) and wait to get your new phone when the Tour 2 comes out? You could probably then sell your used Curve for about what you paid for it. Honestly don't know if this is possible but worth a phone call?
    This is exactly what my buddy just did. He dumped his storm and Verizon and took himself and his wife over to sprint. He purchased two curves from craigslist and is currently month to month with sprint awaiting the arrival of the tour2. When the tour2 arrives he'll sign the 2 year contract to get the phones and resell the curves...Easy peezy lemon squeezy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 07:44 PM
    you can pick up a tour on craigslist (depending on where you live) for around 200, I just picked up an extra one for that price. Its worth going month to month with it, use that until essex comes out and then sell that and get all of that money back and the new phone at the same time, you might even make a profit who knows, blackberrys minus the storm 1 keep their value for some time.. now if I could find a curve 8530 for cheap id have every berry for the last 5 years from verizon haha
    12-08-09 11:35 PM
    How much do you pay for month to month?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 12:17 AM

correct me if i'm wrong, but i dont think the tour1 has wifi.
    12-09-09 08:14 AM
    why is it that they dont put wifi? To force you into a data plan?
    12-11-09 01:39 AM
    i hear ya man..... i just ran ATT thru the ringer they let met out of my contract because the service quality has went to **** in a hand basket!

i want to go to verizon but i want the tour 2 and i dont want to wait for it!

VZW RELEASE THE TOUR2 :-p
    12-11-09 05:00 PM
    This ^

ebay has used, working Curves for like $50.
    12-14-09 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD