I wanted to downgrade back to the 4.2.180 i can't do it. I talked to a tmo rep who then transferred me to a RIM rep. He told me he can't help me because I downloaded software that they are unfamiliar with and it voided my warranty. I just want to put my phone back the way it was. Can someone please help? Thanks!
    05-23-08 10:05 PM
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I just love RIM, don't you.

Uninstall the 4.5OS from your PC. Then go to "http://www.t-mobile.com/bbupgrade". Pick the phone model you have. Then put in your phone number and download the latest OS for your phone, should be 4.2.2.180. Install that version. Then connect your BB to your PC and start Desktop Manager. Then start Application Loader. When prompted, choose to downgrade the OS.

BTW, if you're going to play with BETA software, don't be a noob and call support, much less mention you've got BETA software loaded.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 05-23-08 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Cleaned up the URL autotagging since this site blows at doing that correctly.
    05-23-08 10:13 PM
    Lol. That's funny. Well they can't tell. I let them know that you were mistaken on the software.

That's funny. That's like going to Apple with an unlocked iPhone on tmobile and asking for assistance, lol

Don't worry, hopefully you can d/grade and then get support. What exactly were you needing assistance, CB can help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-08 10:36 PM
    Well thanks for the quick responses guys...now when I try to install the 4.2.2.180 now my computer says "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the "Blackberry v4.2.2 for the 8320 series Wireless Handheld" disk and click OK". What does that mean?
    05-23-08 10:47 PM
    I inserted the BB Disc my phone came with but it didn't work
    05-23-08 10:49 PM
    I inserted the BB Disc my phone came with but it didn't work
    You need to go back up and read JRSCCivic's response again. He gave you a link and instructions on what you need to do.
    05-23-08 10:59 PM
    4.5 is uninstalled..that is what pops up after I downloaded and tried to install it. I did everything as he said.
    05-23-08 11:03 PM
    That is what it says in the Windows Installer box.
    05-23-08 11:05 PM
    I would disagree that you followed the instructions correctly. You need to go to the link provided. Then select the model of phone you have. Next enter your phone number. Now you will see a page with a link to the OS, 4.2.2.180. Download that to your computer and install it to your computer.
    05-23-08 11:10 PM
    You downloaded and installed the software from his link, started DM , connected your BB and it still didn't work?
    05-23-08 11:11 PM
    Sorry for the collision Sunkast.
    05-23-08 11:11 PM
    I am looking at the icon I downloaded. I know all about the BB upgrade on the Tmo website. When I double click on the icon to install, that message pops up soon after. I think there might be a deeper issue because it won't even allow me to uninstall the 4.3 desktop software. In my computers app list, 4.2.2 is listed and I am unable to uninstall that as well.
    05-23-08 11:17 PM
    I get that exact same message when I try to uninstall also.
    05-23-08 11:26 PM
    Good Luck. You are not alone. So, don't feel bad.

I had another newbie PM me after he contacted at&t for "how to" instructions to download .37 beta.
    05-23-08 11:31 PM
    I get that exact same message when I try to uninstall also.
    Restart your PC, and while that's happening take your battery out without turning your BB off (battery pull). Once everything is up and running again, try it again.
    05-23-08 11:36 PM
    Good Luck. You are not alone. So, don't feel bad.

I had another newbie PM me after he contacted at&t for "how to" instructions to download .37 beta.
    You have gots to be kidding be.
    05-23-08 11:37 PM
    Go here. Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

Download this cleanup utility from MS and solve the issues with your installed apps first. Uninstall ALL RIM BB OS installs you have installed on your PC. Then get a good copy of the 4.2.2.180 OS and install it. Make sure you reboot after you cleanup before you install the new OS.

Again, DON'T have your BB connected or DM running during this process.
    05-23-08 11:39 PM
    Go here. Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

Download this cleanup utility from MS and solve the issues with your installed apps first. Uninstall ALL RIM BB OS installs you have installed on your PC. Then get a good copy of the 4.2.2.180 OS and install it. Make sure you reboot after you cleanup before you install the new OS.

Again, DON'T have your BB connected or DM running during this process.
    JR, you're an ornery sort (and I like that) but you know your frackin' stuff!!
    05-23-08 11:44 PM
    JR, you're an ornery sort (and I like that) but you know your frackin' stuff!!
    Having a House avatar is not pure coincidence.
    05-23-08 11:45 PM
    You have gots to be kidding be.

Nope. He was totally clueless. They laughed at him. Can't understand why
    05-24-08 12:04 AM
    Nope. He was totally clueless. They laughed at him. Can't understand why
    Some people really need to be thankful that breathing and heartbeat does not require their intervention.
    05-24-08 12:09 AM
    It seems as though you did not install the OS to your PC or the correct one. After downloading, did you install it as well or did you just download from the site, if at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-08 12:14 AM
    But let us not jack this thread. What kind of example would we set for the "chirren"
    05-24-08 12:14 AM
    LOL This is funny
    05-24-08 01:20 AM
    Thank you everyone for all of your help. JRSCCivic98, thank you for that link. That was exactly the problem. Nothing would uninstall before. All is well now, I just hope that I can have the knowledge to help someone else someday. I learned a lot today. Thanks everyone!
    05-24-08 07:20 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD