My 9550 keeps resetting itself. I feel like it's because the battery comes loose. The battery door is a little loose and I know there's padding on the inside but sometimes if I shake my Blackberry real hard or happen to just be moving it from my pocket it resets itself...
    12-08-09 12:53 PM
    There were some people having issues with this random reboot. I had it happen twice and i could never find the culprit, however i am using the seidio extended battery now and wether or not the battery is the problem, i have not had a random reboot since then.
    12-08-09 12:59 PM
    This has been happening to me at least once a day. Only happens when the phone starts to vibrate though so i'm guessing the battery might be moving a bit, not 100% sure though.
    12-08-09 01:19 PM
    I've seen my S2 restart itself a few times in the past couple of days. I pulled it out of my pocket and it was on the initial boot screen.
    12-08-09 01:40 PM
    Yeah. I don't have Quickpull or anything installed that would affect any type of timed restart. It happened a lot on my first S2, and this is my second one. The first one had intermittent speaker problems.

I'm trying to really figure out if there really is anything wrong with it and what the true culprit is. It's not memory related my memory sits at 110 ish all the time.
    12-08-09 01:48 PM
    its weird, as I am reading this thread, i pulled out my BB and set it down my desk, the next thing I know...it starts to reset all by it self!!! This is the second time today that this has happened!!!
    12-08-09 01:57 PM
    Mine has been doing the same thing , its something to do with the battery comming lose from the connection , so i have a new storm being sent to me and will be here tomorrow .... mine reset almost any time i moved it swiftly... or set it down ..
    12-08-09 02:00 PM
    Mine has done the vibrate for like a min then restart. Mine isn't the battery though, since it wasn't moved at all while I was watching tv at home. Heard the vibrate while it was on the table, then saw the red light come on steady. It has done this 3 times in a 3 week period, but it hasn't happened lately.

I don't know what is casuing mine but I haven't seen it for a couple of days now.
    12-08-09 03:13 PM
    that's interesting b/c i had a S1 for like 10 months and got random reboots all the time. i attributed those to all the leaked OS's and hybrids I was putting on the bb. i've had my S2 for 2-3 weeks now and haven't had a single reboot. been running the stock .230 OS the whole time...until today, that is. just put OOAK's hybrid .405 on so we'll see what happens with that.

as for the battery door, i've read others complaining about it being loose as well. mine is very snug even though i've taken it off many many times. i'm guessing this is a hardware issue, especially if y'all with the reboots haven't been playing with your OS's. i'd definitely go the route a few of you are going and get a replacement.

good luck.
    12-08-09 03:14 PM
    Mine has been resetting lately with no explanation. I have also had it where is vibrates and the only way to stop it is to power off.
    12-08-09 03:49 PM
    Yes - mine will do that sometimes when I set it down on a hard surface. The battery door doesn't seem loose, but some connection gets interrupted.

The battery connection may be the problem, because sometimes when I do a battery pull, it comes up with a battery icon and a line through it - as if there is no battery installed. I have to pull it again to get it to restart, so again, that sounds like my battery contacts.
    12-08-09 04:08 PM
    Sounds like maybe the new battery door design may not have been such a great idea afterall?

Long live the three prong and two clasp battery door!
    12-08-09 04:12 PM
    Nope mines is working fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 04:27 PM
    yeah. i think it might be the battery door but like i said still not sure. people are still reporting that their storms have slightly lower screens as well as the battery doors being lose. i have both but the screen doesn't really affect me. the battery door however still seems to be causing some problems. theres a good 1mm to 2mm gap between the battery door and the rest of the body.
    12-08-09 10:23 PM
    Yep mine reboots everyday.

12-08-09 10:25 PM
    I had the same problem. Did a security wipe and left out BBApp world. Works fine. To possibly solve the problem another way I bent the tabs on the battery cover and now it fits and tight and snug as can be.
    12-08-09 10:26 PM
    yeah. i think it might be the battery door but like i said still not sure. people are still reporting that their storms have slightly lower screens as well as the battery doors being lose. i have both but the screen doesn't really affect me. the battery door however still seems to be causing some problems. theres a good 1mm to 2mm gap between the battery door and the rest of the body.
    On top of all of this, sometimes a data tansfer from one BB to another BB leaves damaged files which can cause reboots or issues. Try a Security wipe and backup the date before. Only put info back on such as address book etc using sync, and sync the rest after that. My problem was solved.
    12-08-09 10:28 PM
    Mine has yet to restart on its own and I am still on my first S2. I have not had any problems yet and I have not done a battery pull in about 3 weeks.
    12-09-09 12:35 AM
    Mine has yet to restart on its own and I am still on my first S2. I have not had any problems yet and I have not done a battery pull in about 3 weeks.
    +1 ........ I've never understood how the same phone can be so different for so many.
    12-09-09 06:44 AM
    RIM/VZN:

I get this too. Unacceptable is: during phone calls. Frustrating is during video or picture taking. Are you listening ? Please fix in next release, post haste. To me, looks like addition of the 4 main BB keys to the screen is the culprit, plus not keeping the main thing the main thing: KYBD is king, BUT watch out for phone calls, camera,... Please get THE MAN on this. It is embarrassing.

Doctor Neutron
    12-20-09 10:52 AM
    Mine just did like a hour ago

12-20-09 10:54 AM
    I had this problem as well. Untill I found the culprit. Mine was restarting every 20 minutes for two days straight. Very aggravating, when all I wanna do is send a text. If I layed my phone down gently on a table it would restart. After many times of this and much testing I determined that the battery was getting disconnected from the contact points on the phone from slight motions. My solution? I got a small piece of paper. Folded it and made it a little square. Put it over the battery then put my battery door back on. At first it made the battery door budlge out. So I trimmed the thickness down untill the battery door was nearly flat and not a lot of excess pressure was applied to it. Since the day I did that I have not had a single random restart on my 9550. Hope that helps some of you guys who are having the same problem as I was. If you do this and it works you may want to get a small piece of tape and tape the paper to thy battery door. So when your battery door is off your paper won't fly away or fall out.

Last edited by Scaryjam823; 12-20-09 at 12:14 PM.
    12-20-09 12:11 PM
    Mine does when I open the camera, but only randomly

I found another thread stating that WiFi Hero might be the problem. I deleted it and haven't had any problems since.
    Last edited by RickyRoss10; 12-22-09 at 03:18 PM.
    12-22-09 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD