Now I must say that RIM has definitely something to do with these leaks !!!! If indeed the official beta testers are SO FEARFUL of losing their contracts/jobs as reportedly they are, how many of them would have already suffered on account of the leaks that we see for 9700 ??!! And not a single one for Bold. 9000???? RIM wants EXTRA BETA TESTERS in these forums to make the OS as fit and as fast as possible to improve upon the sales of 9700 this festive season !!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 09:27 AM
    LOL @ RIM leaking for beta testing
    12-08-09 09:28 AM
    On this episode of Mythbusters..

12-08-09 09:30 AM
    My question is to those who have been supporting the official beta testers is how do you explain this ??!!!! No leak for 9000 ??? Why ???? Can you ultimately deny that rim has a stake here !!!!

12-08-09 09:37 AM
    RIM pretended to be innocent in this leaking process...
    12-08-09 09:42 AM
    I am challenging anybody here , who thinks otherwise with the statement that " We will not be seeing any further OS5 leaks for Bold 9000, till that for 9700 matures and its volumes hits RIM's target" Now prove me wrong !!!

12-08-09 09:44 AM
    On this episode of Mythbusters..

Lol!...
    12-08-09 09:46 AM
    " We will not be seeing any further OS5 leaks for Bold 9000, till that for 9700 matures and its volumes hits RIM's target" Now prove me wrong !!!
    I wouldn't be so sure, but I'm feeling the same.
    It's even more crucial not to leak any 9000 beta than before.
    12-08-09 09:50 AM
    Now I must say that RIM has definitely something to do with these leaks !!!! If indeed the official beta testers are SO FEARFUL of losing their contracts/jobs as reportedly they are, how many of them would have already suffered on account of the leaks that we see for 9700 ??!! And not a single one for Bold. 9000???? RIM wants EXTRA BETA TESTERS in these forums to make the OS as fit and as fast as possible to improve upon the sales of 9700 this festive season !!!

If RIM were leveraging these forums for beta testing wouldn't they want all their devices to have newer leaked software on here? We haven't seen leaks for the 9630, 8330, 9550, and 9530, in a looooong time.

I think it's just due to the amount of different carriers world wide that run the 9700. Hard to stop leaks when you have hundreds of small carriers in small countries testing device software.
    12-08-09 09:55 AM
    If RIM is in on the leaks why do they get the file pulled as soon as possible? Try the leak download in 2 days. . Also what about other devices like the s2 on Verizon? How come no leaks there? Doesn't RIM (if its RIM) want to test that OS?

Trust me its not RIM testers its the carrier testers that leak the OSs and they do so at the own risk because the carriers don't like leaks either.

12-08-09 09:56 AM
    RIM can easily track beta leaks back to the person they were given to by adding unique code to each distribution to tag it. That is a normal process done by software vendors when releasing beta code to persons who have signed NDAs. I have always believed most, if not all, leaks come from RIM. They leak OSs that need real world testing to see how they perform in the wild. If they weren't the ones leaking the OS they can easily have them removed from services like Rapidshare and Megauploader for DMCA violation, just like they forced Youtube to remove Salomandrin's videos on embargoed devices.
    12-08-09 09:58 AM
    OK, what explains the "Lack" of leaks for the other devices ??!!!!!!

12-08-09 10:06 AM
    If they weren't the ones leaking the OS they can easily have them removed from services like Rapidshare and Megauploader for DMCA violation
    lol, they do.
    12-08-09 10:18 AM
    RIM can easily track beta leaks back to the person they were given to by adding unique code to each distribution to tag it. That is a normal process done by software vendors when releasing beta code to persons who have signed NDAs. I have always believed most, if not all, leaks come from RIM. They leak OSs that need real world testing to see how they perform in the wild. If they weren't the ones leaking the OS they can easily have them removed from services like Rapidshare and Megauploader for DMCA violation, just like they forced Youtube to remove Salomandrin's videos on embargoed devices.
    I agree! and the reason they DO shut down the download sites is to keep the early releases contained to moderate "few". Also, as they are the owners of the "leaked" OS's and hold copyright to such, it's not that hard for them to get public download sites shutdown at a whim's notices and it's very easy for them to find find such download sites just by checking of forums such as CrackBerry! If they didn't want the leaked versions in the wild, there wouldn't be any.

I would also suggest that not only can they track early replease OS testers, RIM also knows the details of every properly activated device on their network, such is the foundation of BES as "I" know (or can get as I'm a BES admin) the details of every BlackBerry device on my BES so I'm sure that RIM has access to such even for non-BES data activated devices. As they have the ablity to see what OS your BB device has, they also have the ablility to shut x.xxx.xx version on device xxxx off if they like.

I suspect it's not a manner that RIM is watching EVERYONE running leaked 5.0.xxx but rather a summery of XX devices are running 5.x.xxx and they base the success of their "leaks" by the number of devices running sayed OS version; if a particular device and version is crap, less people will be running and the more people running it, the better the success for said version.

Most people really don't understand that BlackBerry devices are the most manageble mobile devices every created nor do the majority understand the complex wireless network in the backgroud that supports them, very little happens by chance or accident.
    12-08-09 10:21 AM
    OK, what explains the "Lack" of leaks for the other devices ??!!!!!!

It could be something as simple as the allocation of resources. The 9000 is now an older platform. They could simply be re-allocating their internal testers to devices like the 9700, 9520, 9550, etc.

I'm not saying that's the case, as I have literally no idea.

Either way, I don't know that it's worth getting up in arms about it. I understand the want/desire to play around with the new OS's on our devices, but, the nature of it is that they're leaks. They'll come when/if they do.
    12-08-09 10:23 AM
    12-08-09 10:26 AM
    bravo

10char
    12-08-09 02:01 PM
    LMFAO ^

10char
    12-08-09 02:13 PM
    RIM is watching and listening to you right now from your BB!
    12-08-09 02:20 PM
    Good Lord.

Hey everybody! Whining is so last night! Today it's all about Conspiracy Theory threads! They're totally the new griping-about-not-being-handed-an-illegal-OS-recently-enough threads!

Why is this concept so difficult for people? I mean seriously this is starting to look like mass hysteria. You people got to try OS 5 early, and now you're all crazy and no longer capable of rational thought or behavior. Go whine to 7-eleven that they're not giving you new flavors of Slurpee to try fast enough. "I see how it is. Trying to maximize profits on the new Guava Gatorade flavor, huh? Playing GAMES with us, you are!"

12-08-09 03:09 PM
    RIM is watching and listening to you right now from your BB!
    Nah...that"s Etisalat's job...
    12-08-09 04:22 PM
    Good Lord.

Hey everybody! Whining is so last night! Today it's all about Conspiracy Theory threads! They're totally the new griping-about-not-being-handed-an-illegal-OS-recently-enough threads!

Why is this concept so difficult for people? I mean seriously this is starting to look like mass hysteria. You people got to try OS 5 early, and now you're all crazy and no longer capable of rational thought or behavior. Go whine to 7-eleven that they're not giving you new flavors of Slurpee to try fast enough. "I see how it is. Trying to maximize profits on the new Guava Gatorade flavor, huh? Playing GAMES with us, you are!"

The way to resolve the issue is to go ahead and take advantage of the Free 9700's being offered right now with some servicers...I never read the terms of the offer but I'm seeing it all over the place now.
    12-08-09 04:28 PM
    Good Lord.
    "I see how it is. Trying to maximize profits on the new Guava Gatorade flavor, huh? Playing GAMES with us, you are!"

Lmao, epic! And completely agreed! This is becoming quite ridiculous.
    12-08-09 04:36 PM
    Nah...that"s Etisalat's job...
    That you are correct!
    12-08-09 05:52 PM
    I am challenging anybody here , who thinks otherwise with the statement that " We will not be seeing any further OS5 leaks for Bold 9000, till that for 9700 matures and its volumes hits RIM's target" Now prove me wrong !!!

I accept the challenge! LOL
    12-08-09 09:52 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD