I have several /daily/ alarms that I need to set (morning meds, wake up, noontime meds, afternoon meds, and an alarm to start walking towards a bus so I can catch it), which makes using the calendar or the tasks a recurring pain in the arse.

Please, is there a decent and free application that gives this functionality to the phone? I mean, any dumb phone has more than one alarm at a time and the BB should be able to too. I can't keep changing the one alarm to the next one each time it goes off.

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 03:32 AM
    why not set appointments in the calender to reacure and set an alarm for each one?
    12-08-09 07:47 AM
    I agree. In the calender set up your day once then have every appt on that day set to reoccur. I agree putting it in the first time might be a pain cause each activity will need to be set up seperately but set up each activity to reoccur daily and you won't have to do it again.

12-08-09 07:57 AM
    I have several /daily/ alarms that I need to set (morning meds, wake up, noontime meds, afternoon meds, and an alarm to start walking towards a bus so I can catch it), which makes using the calendar or the tasks a recurring pain in the arse.

Please, is there a decent and free application that gives this functionality to the phone? I mean, any dumb phone has more than one alarm at a time and the BB should be able to too. I can't keep changing the one alarm to the next one each time it goes off.

Thanks.

You only need to schedule each of your "alarms" once (as appointments in your calendar), and set them to reoccur daily (or whenever you'd like them to reoccur).

In the calendar app, create a new appt., type a Subject (and Location, if necessary), adjust the Start time (and End time or Duration, if you'd like), adjust the Reminder ("0 Min." if you'd like the alarm to occur at the start time you've set), then adjust the Recurrence field.

If you still need help, feel free to ask.
    12-08-09 08:08 AM
    So I basically would have to set up a whole week worth, since there seems to be no "on weekdays" version of reoccurrance on the calendar?

It just seems like a total pain for something that should be easy and part of the phone to begin with. Also seems like there's no simple way to go and deactivate one alarm for a day or something if it turns out I don't need it.

12-08-09 04:44 PM
    Double posting to add also that I use my calendar for things like scheduling, and now that I've set up one 'day', having my normal daily alarms gets very cluttered. There has to be a better way to do things.

12-08-09 04:47 PM
    No, you only have to set up one day.

Set the recurrence to "Weekly" and select M, T, W, T, and F (or whichever days you want).

If it turns out you don't need an alarm one day, go to that day on your calendar, highlight the alarm you'd like to deactivate, click Delete, and select "Delete this occurence".

To prevent the clutter, I'd suggest setting the duration of each appt. to 0 Hours 0 Min to avoid the colored line on the left side of the screen, though each alarm will still appear each day.

But if your daily alarms are things that you need to be reminded of, I don't understand why you wouldn't want to see your daily alarms along with the rest of your schedule...
    12-08-09 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD