For all you Storm 2 users, is the Moto Droid and the Storm 2 in the same class? I have heard good and bad things about both. I've done alot of research on both. I like the Storm 2, can they both have Yahoo mail?
    12-07-09 03:51 PM
    Not another one of these....Since you posted it in the Storm 2 forum...Go that route
    Last edited by 901boy; 12-07-09 at 04:03 PM.
    12-07-09 03:58 PM
    Is there a required one of these threads a day?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 04:07 PM
    If you post here. You will get storm 2 as an answer
    If you post in the droid forums. You will get droid as an answer
    12-07-09 04:16 PM
    had the droid, went back and got storm 2........

enough said.

ps.. I used the full 30 days to get a true evaluation... you should to if your worried.
    12-07-09 05:08 PM

enough said.

ps.. I used the full 30 days to get a true evaluation... you should to if your worried.
    As did I. Wasn't nuts about the phone quality on the Droid, Im not going to go into the full back and forth as I have a dozen times. Do a search please, you will find tons of information out there.....TONS
    12-07-09 05:16 PM
    Sense you guys have had both, I want to know if the moto is full of hot air??? I like the Storm 2 but just was wondering. I have been on this forum and the droid forum and it sounds like both phones are having problems! Is the Storm 2 going to get better or is it very good right now, but just has people that wish it was the iPhone?
    12-07-09 05:35 PM
    But guys, he has already done the research... remember he said he did. :-)
    12-07-09 05:36 PM
    Droid does everything storm 2 does, except better and faster. Only exception would be PUSH email...

Droid looks like kah kah. Storm 2 is very handsome.

Typing on Storm 2 is MUCH better than typing on Droid, whether its the virtual or physical keyboard. Storm 2 is better
    12-07-09 05:44 PM
    Well giving an honest unbiased choice here, I just liked the S2 way better then the Droid, and the call quality of the Droid is horrible IMO!

I had the droid and gave it a good run, but that damn keyboard just sucked, so it just took up wasted space for me!
    12-07-09 05:45 PM
    Love my Storm 2 over the first Storm. May look about the same but doesn't act like it. The form factor is much better with the Storm than the Droid. Depends what OS you want to go with. I have too much time invested in my BB now to change Operating Systems. Maybe in a few years.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 06:07 PM
    Blackberry appworld, I have heard it uses paypal. How do you get downloads from there, can you go from the phone it self? Being the Storm 2 is only on Verizon, how does Verizon treat you? Are they very helpful? Has anyone tried the Otter box? Does the Storm 2 have the same screen problem as Storm 1?
    12-07-09 06:25 PM
    Blackberry appworld, I have heard it uses paypal. How do you get downloads from there, can you go from the phone it self? Being the Storm 2 is only on Verizon, how does Verizon treat you? Are they very helpful? Has anyone tried the Otter box? Does the Storm 2 have the same screen problem as Storm 1?
    Thought you did the research already...

Verizon is the most helpful service for any phone.... Umm and the Droid is only available on Verizon too.
    Has anyone tried the otter box? This has to be a troll lol....
    12-07-09 06:27 PM
    This thread is whack. But since you asked.....Storm 2, baby!
    12-07-09 07:27 PM
    I did the same. Exchanged the Droid for the S2 after 3 weeks.

enough said.

12-07-09 07:29 PM
    I canceled my at&t service, after having every iphone released today, for the storm 2. I used an unlocked storm when it came out for a little while then sold it.. and since i missed it. I admitt that the 3gs does seem faster while browsing the web but the new os is so so much faster on the storm 2 then orginal. I looked at the droid for awhile and to be honest just wasn't impressed. Ive used bb before, my first was the original pearl and i liked it alot. In my op the storm 2 is just as appealing as a iphone and the droid looks like a cheap samsung.. Im not into the whole "slider" keyboard. I also got a great deal on the storm 2, buy one get 1 free at 180$ is very reasonable. Not to mention Verizon gave me the instant discount up front and gave me 2 bundles that included cases, car chargers, and bluetoothes.. I got that all for 250$ So it was a no brainer.. It all boils down to personal preference.
    12-07-09 10:21 PM
    Christ on a pony! A very very dead pony. Let me recommend the Moto StarTac. That's a good phone.

Seriously though. S2. Get it. Love it.
    12-07-09 10:26 PM
    I had the Droid and returned it for the Storm2. Typing is much better on the Storm2, as are the battery life and speakerphone. The only thing I miss is the Droid's browser.
    12-08-09 10:17 AM
    its a motorola phone!!! when was the last motorola phone that actually didnt suck!!! if your going with the android system get an HTC phone!! I had a s1 and switched to a droid... well since droid doesnt sync to outlook(with out buying a program) it sucks for work purposes! its very fast phone though! slide out keyboard sucked too... i traded it in for a storm 2 and love everything about it!!
    12-08-09 11:20 AM
    Droid does not do yohoo mail unless you have yahoo premium.
    Just took my Droid back and got a storm 2.
    Droid is as close to an Iphone as anything I have seen but it does not sync with Outlook(Same as Iphone).
    Neat phone though. I just got too used to Berries.
    12-08-09 03:40 PM

enough said.

Damn, did you get it on launch and just return it on Sunday? It's barely been out 30 days. I am still learning new things on it. There is no way in HE!! I'll ever go back to a blackberry as my personal phone. It's a great phone/email device, but droid is a good email device (give it a year, and will be better, if you don't like gmail), and an excellent do-it-all phone/computer/nav GPS/media powerhouse.

My opinion for the OP. There's only 1 reason for having a storm over the droid, and that's for secure email.

If the storm had a reliable OS and good APP store, it would be different, as the hardware is actually good.
    12-08-09 04:24 PM
    Droid does not do yohoo mail unless you have yahoo premium.
    Just took my Droid back and got a storm 2.
    Droid is as close to an Iphone as anything I have seen but it does not sync with Outlook(Same as Iphone).
    Neat phone though. I just got too used to Berries.
    BS, I've had yahoo mail on mine since day 1, and don't have yahoo premium. And it's easy to sync outlook with droid. Just sync it with your gmail account that you plan to use with your droid. It'll automatically transfer your contacts over.

No wonder people get so confused about phones on this site. Mis-informed to the max.

If you want an easy to use email/phone device, blackberry is as simple and easy to use as it gets, though. You just won't get all the bells and whistles that are found on the droid and iPhone.

p.s. I'm biased toward the droid. I'm a recent convert.
    Last edited by ccoady750; 12-08-09 at 04:29 PM.
    12-08-09 04:26 PM
    S2. Had the droid, came back after 2 weeks.
    12-08-09 04:46 PM
    Hey CCoady750, do you know if the screens on the Moto Droid and S2 are glass or plastic? How has the droids key board been?
    12-08-09 04:51 PM
    Damn, did you get it on launch and just return it on Sunday? It's barely been out 30 days. I am still learning new things on it. There is no way in HE!! I'll ever go back to a blackberry as my personal phone. It's a great phone/email device, but droid is a good email device (give it a year, and will be better, if you don't like gmail), and an excellent do-it-all phone/computer/nav GPS/media powerhouse.

My opinion for the OP. There's only 1 reason for having a storm over the droid, and that's for secure email.

If the storm had a reliable OS and good APP store, it would be different, as the hardware is actually good.
    This has to be one of the best, honest, and useful statements I have ever read in one of these threads. Not that it's the 1st. And it basically repeats the same thing everyone keeps saying...to each his own. Get what the thing one that allows you to do what you wanna do. I still luv my S2, tho. It's all that.
    12-08-09 05:00 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD