I upgraded to Bolt 1.6 on my 8330 today and I downloaded the bblauncher, but I can't seem to get it to work. I downloaded to my bb through the native browser. Is that a problem? Also, I upgraded BOLT, downloaded bb launcher, then restarted my BB. Is that a problem?

Any help????
    12-07-09 12:06 PM
    I did the exact same thing, and I'm experiencing the same problem as well. I downloaded and installed BOLT to my Curve 8330, downloaded and installed the BB Launcher for Bolt, then restarted the device. I can get BOLT to work just fine, but I cannot figure out how to get BB Launcher to make BOLT the default browser.
    Last edited by Roohan; 12-07-09 at 01:37 PM. Reason: added phone type
    12-07-09 01:34 PM
    I've got the same issue. Does anyone know how to fix it??
    12-07-09 07:49 PM
    Subscrbing... Any other issues? What about a damn "forward" option? Like,say I'm on page 2 and I want to go to page 1, I'd hit the back button. But,if I want to go back to page 2, how do I do that?
    12-07-09 08:07 PM
    You hit the BB key and forward is there. I just did it.
    Subscribed - same problem.
    12-08-09 12:00 PM
    Ditto with my metro 8330. I can't get to make bolt my default browser. I dowloaded everything and rebooted. How do you set bolt as the defualt, anyone??? Pleeease

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 01:28 PM
    I think I read in another thread that you can't make any other browser your "default" browser on the BB. I'm new to this BB world but I've been on here every day for about 2 months now reading many threads.
    12-08-09 01:50 PM
    Lol thanks. Oh well I guess I can just surf with bolt and accept that

12-08-09 05:17 PM
    It's a new feature, bound to have bugs. TNuggs, I'm sure you can it's probably just a registry change within the phone. I'm subscribed as well, want to see if an solution comes about. I have Bolt as a backup.
    12-09-09 01:43 AM
    if i go into options and default browser: it wont show bolt. but if you click on a link in say your email it opens up the menu and it should have an option like open in BOLT or something along the lines lol
    12-09-09 02:22 AM
    no fix? Back to opera I guess

12-09-09 02:42 AM
    It's a new feature, bound to have bugs.
    Not working at all is just considered a bug? The launcher doesn't do anything for me either. Trying to decide if Bolt is worth keeping at all, for the small handful of pages that might load better using it. I still think the best browser for BB is the native one.
    12-09-09 04:46 AM
    Not working at all is just considered a bug? The launcher doesn't do anything for me either. Trying to decide if Bolt is worth keeping at all, for the small handful of pages that might load better using it. I still think the best browser for BB is the native one.
    Yes it is considered a bug. The launcher is not the browser erroring. It is an addon. You don't -have- to install the launcher.
    12-10-09 10:12 PM
    Anyone else not able to watch Youtube videos in their BB browser after downloading Bolt 1.6?
    12-14-09 09:17 PM
    Anyone else not able to watch Youtube videos in their BB browser after downloading Bolt 1.6?
    Yea me 2 my videoz juz all stopped playin and not workin all of a sudden doez anybody kno how 2 fix that?

12-15-09 09:12 AM
    what is the launcher do?
    12-18-09 10:09 PM
    The launcher doesn't make Bolt your default browser in the sense that everything automatically opens in it. What it does is if you find a link, in emails and texts, then click the options button, you are given an "Open with Bolt" option.

I just deleted the Launcher and that option is not there anymore. So there is no bug or glitch. I think it was just a smidge of slightly deceptive advertising.
    12-18-09 11:08 PM
    Found this:

Open any link in HTML email with BOLT browser - BOLT Browser Forums

The toggle for me (8350i), is the "get plain text" or "view html". If I click a link after choosing get plain text.. bolt opens. If I switch back to html... default browser.

Good luck!!
    Last edited by deafboy; 01-20-10 at 01:16 PM.
    01-20-10 01:12 PM
    Found this:

Open any link in HTML email with BOLT browser - BOLT Browser Forums

The toggle for me (8350i), is the "get plain text" or "view html". If I click a link after choosing get plain text.. bolt opens. If I switch back to html... default browser.

Good luck!!
    I can get the link to open up Bolt, but it goes no where. Just sits at the home screen. I thought about uninstalling the launcher and re-installing.
    01-21-10 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD