Get my BBM messages to display under my messages tab on the today screen? everything else comes up there but not BBM. I cant see it in the settings.

Please excuse me this is my first BB and ive only had it 3hours...
    12-07-09 12:01 PM
    Are your BBM chats going to your Message application?? if not ...
    go to bbm > options > check Show chats in message application.
    hope that helps
    12-07-09 12:07 PM
    yeah that was already enabled. its weird as they are in the messages inbox but dont show up under the messages tab on the today screen
    12-07-09 02:32 PM
    noone? please?
    12-08-09 03:16 AM
    I don't think you should not expect to see BBM messages in the Today area. (I'm sure I will be corrected if I am mistaken, but I don't recall ever seeing BBM messages display in the Today area on any BB device running any OS.)
    12-08-09 07:51 AM
    thats fair enough but they appear in the message inbox like everything else and they all appear on the home screen. weird but ok.
    12-08-09 08:08 AM
    Few other questions whilst ive got you here:
    battery pulls do i need to take the battery out for 30seconds or just momentarily?
    Is there a way to set up bedside mode as a profile so i can switch it on without having to go to the clock?
    12-08-09 08:29 AM
    Hopefully I can clarify without being confusing.

BBM messages are classified as "Instant Messages" on your device.

"Messages" are different. The term "Messages" refers to Email, Level 1, MMS, PIN and SMS Text messages ONLY.

There is an option in BBM to "Show Chats in Messages Application" which does exactly what it says it does. It allows you to view BBM chats from within the Messages Application on your device.

However, the "Messages" section of your Today screen is not the Messages Application. It uses the default definition of "Messages" which does not include BBM messages.

Does this make sense?
    12-08-09 08:31 AM
    yeah that makes sense, is there a way to change the priority of messages so that they become level1 or some such?
    12-08-09 08:41 AM
    Few other questions whilst ive got you here:
    battery pulls do i need to take the battery out for 30seconds or just momentarily?
    Is there a way to set up bedside mode as a profile so i can switch it on without having to go to the clock?
    RIM's instructions for resetting the device: "Remove and reinsert the battery."

I've personally never found any benefit from leaving it out any longer than it takes to put back in.

Though some people do report "feeling better" waiting 30 seconds before reinserting...

As for bedside mode, one of the main features of bedside mode is the ability to have a bedside clock (most useful with a charging pod). So without the clock, what is it about bedside mode that you wish to have as a profile, that you can't set up as a profile?

yeah that makes sense, is there a way to change the priority of messages so that they become level1 or some such?
    To change the priority of messages to Level 1, you can create an email filter through your BlackBerry Internet Service account. For detailed instructions on how to do this, take a look at this post from the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center.
    12-08-09 09:21 AM
    yeah i guess the bedside mode, just thought there might be a way to set it up a shortcut i do like the clock.

That filter would be good but its for actual emails rather than changing the level of BBM messages to level one. thanks for the advice though
    12-08-09 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD