StockIcons is an application that lets you manage your stock watch list and have all the stocks displayed on the HomeScreen just like a normal BlackBerry application.

Each stock can have a different font, color and background color. The stock price and price change is shown on the actual application icon. This lets you easily browse all the stocks at the current price. (note: prices are delayed)

You can set up StockIcons to automatically update your watch list during the day and all the stock icons will change as price changes. Optionally you can manually select the StockUpdate application to update all the icons on the HomeScreen.

You can also set up a target price alert. When a stock hits a target price you can set the BlackBerry to vibrate.

For detail on the stock all you do is select the stock icon and run it on the homescreen.

Supports BlackBerry OS4.2 and higher

To install trial version or purchase StockIcons - Business & Finance BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    12-07-09 11:18 AM
    StockIcons is an application that lets you manage your stock watch list and have all the stocks displayed on the HomeScreen just like a normal BlackBerry application.
    WOW.

Something like this has long been overdue. Plan to check it out.

Toysoft is a company on the move doing some really cool things for BlackBerry.
    12-07-09 12:30 PM
    Just downloaded the trial. Will use the app for the next 24 hours and report back. So far, it looks excellent.
    12-07-09 01:13 PM
    I used the beta, which was limited to 3 stocks showing on the homepage. If the final version is anything like that, it is quite clunky and unwieldly since you have to download each stock-icon to your download folder before you can edit it. I imagine that is a limit of the platform, but it still is quite frustrating.

A great program though, and a nice interface once everything is set up.
    12-07-09 02:31 PM
    I used the beta, which was limited to 3 stocks showing on the homepage. If the final version is anything like that, it is quite clunky and unwieldly since you have to download each stock-icon to your download folder before you can edit it. I imagine that is a limit of the platform, but it still is quite frustrating.

A great program though, and a nice interface once everything is set up.
    Ok, I've been using this app all day. I had some initial concerns about set up and potential battery impact. Those fears were unfounded. This is an EXCELLENT app and I have to give it a big thumbs up and a complete recommendation.

I upgraded to the full paid edition late this afternoon after trying out the trial edition for a few hours. The trial edition only allows 3 stocks or market indexes. The paid version has no apparent limitations on how many stocks and indexes you can follow. For my trial, I set up the DJIA, NASDAQ, FTSE and the Nikkei. So I had two American indexes and two foreign indexes (London and Tokyo).

As our colleague Awryter has pointed out, there is some customization work required to set up the stocks/indexes you want to follow. I wouldn't say it's difficult but it does take a few steps to get set up. Once those steps are complete, the rest is painless and effortless. Keep in mind as we talk about these set-up steps, this app follows only the stocks you want to follow so it is almost natural that there would be some customization and set up work.

I am very impressed with this app. The designer of this app is a Canadian company named Toysoft. They recently released a call-blocker program named BuzzOff that I also adopted. While it had a few initial bugs, Toysoft ironed those out and I am impressed with that app too. Toysoft seems to be a great company doing great things for the BlackBerry. Their website is available here ---> Toysoft, Inc.

If you want a really neat interface for tracking stocks and market indexes that is effortless, I can't imagine where you'd find a better app. This one is a total winner.
    12-07-09 08:35 PM
    Just downloaded the trial. Will use the app for the next 24 hours and report back. So far, it looks excellent.
    thanks for your feedback. if you have other ideas that is not in StockIcons we can try to add it in the future releases.
    12-08-09 12:43 AM
    Great app- completly new system to display stock quotes. This is huge!
    12-08-09 02:10 AM
    Ok, I've been using this app all day. I had some initial concerns about set up and potential battery impact. Those fears were unfounded. This is an EXCELLENT app and I have to give it a big thumbs up and a complete recommendation.

I upgraded to the full paid edition late this afternoon after trying out the trial edition for a few hours. The trial edition only allows 3 stocks or market indexes. The paid version has no apparent limitations on how many stocks and indexes you can follow. For my trial, I set up the DJIA, NASDAQ, FTSE and the Nikkei. So I had two American indexes and two foreign indexes (London and Tokyo).

As our colleague Awryter has pointed out, there is some customization work required to set up the stocks/indexes you want to follow. I wouldn't say it's difficult but it does take a few steps to get set up. Once those steps are complete, the rest is painless and effortless. Keep in mind as we talk about these set-up steps, this app follows only the stocks you want to follow so it is almost natural that there would be some customization and set up work.

I am very impressed with this app. The designer of this app is a Canadian company named Toysoft. They recently released a call-blocker program named BuzzOff that I also adopted. While it had a few initial bugs, Toysoft ironed those out and I am impressed with that app too. Toysoft seems to be a great company doing great things for the BlackBerry. Their website is available here ---> Toysoft, Inc.

If you want a really neat interface for tracking stocks and market indexes that is effortless, I can't imagine where you'd find a better app. This one is a total winner.
    Look like a terrific app but I will hold off until it provides real time quotes.
    12-08-09 08:58 AM
    Look like a terrific app but I will hold off until it provides real time quotes.
    If you need updates faster than every 30 seconds, you need to be trading on a real machine and not your BB. LOL
    12-08-09 09:38 AM
    I don't even know a web site that gives you real time quotes! Yahoo Finance, Bloomberg, CNN, and others all give 15-20 minute delayed quotes. What web site are you using to get real time?
    12-08-09 11:40 AM
    CNBC gives you real time quotes.
    12-08-09 11:51 AM
    CNBC and Fidelity.com both provide real time quotes.. it's not that uncommon these days. Fidelity's mobile site even provides real time if you are a customer. And I'm pretty sure CNBC's mobile site does too.

I'm digging this app tho.. very useful
    12-08-09 11:52 AM
    I think this isnt/shouldnt be a trading tool (the realtime issue). This app is what it is - brings an "first look overview"on your homescreen and this is absolute unique and new.

maybe further developments will access to realtiome souces. finance.google.com gives you realtime of NYSE and AMEX for free
    12-08-09 01:55 PM
    A little off topic, but I figured if you are into stock applications you may appreciate this. There has been a whole lot of money made off the stocks on this site: WSNA
    12-08-09 03:22 PM
    A little off topic, but I figured if you are into stock applications you may appreciate this. There has been a whole lot of money made off the stocks on this site: WSNA
    boiler room
    12-08-09 04:21 PM
    CNBC gives you real time quotes.
    CNBC is also delayed - go read the very very small print.
    12-08-09 06:05 PM
    I think this isnt/shouldnt be a trading tool (the realtime issue). This app is what it is - brings an "first look overview"on your homescreen and this is absolute unique and new.

maybe further developments will access to realtiome souces. finance.google.com gives you realtime of NYSE and AMEX for free
    The data used to populate this app is from finance.yahoo.com. So if finance.yahoo.com isn't credible enough for some, well perhaps they can find other options to track their billions in stock holdings.

This app is fantastic. This debate over real time data is breathtakingly ridiculous.

One poster said this app is "huge" and I couldn't agree more. What a fantastic app. For $2.99 you can track all the stocks and indexes you wish with an accuracy that is as good as Yahoo or many other investment sites.

Toysoft has done a phenomenal job in developing this app. What a terrific product!

Again, I give this app a complete thumbs up and a high recommend.
    12-09-09 10:41 AM
    nice app and works well..only issue Isee are for those who like to play with leaked OS..
    There is no backup, so you'll have to retype all the stock symbols when loading a new OS..
    12-09-09 12:08 PM
    nice app and works well..only issue Isee are for those who like to play with leaked OS..
    There is no backup, so you'll have to retype all the stock symbols when loading a new OS..
    oh yeah. that was a missing feature but will add it now
    12-09-09 12:31 PM
    Is there a good way to keep the icons updating without having the main program open? Maybe an option to load itself and run in the background?
    12-09-09 04:14 PM
    great idea but needs improvement.

perhaps learning ways from berryweather. imho, if you can improve the visuals, as well as the wallpaper/theme placement, you got a winner app.
    12-14-09 02:57 PM
    also try to switch to google finance vs yahoo finance due to google's powerful tools and real time updates (continuous)
    12-14-09 02:58 PM
    Is there a good way to keep the icons updating without having the main program open? Maybe an option to load itself and run in the background?
    +9999999999999999999 this is very important otherwise why do i need this app when i could get same thing by opening bloomberg mobile app?
    12-14-09 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD