hello all

i have been using facebook 1.7.0.22 on my tour. and i have had this problem on other builds prior to this also. but my problem is if i get a friend request on my bb i can not open it i double click, hit the menu and open, i do everything to try and open the request and it just wont. any ideas of what i can do to fix the problem. thank you
    12-07-09 10:04 AM
    I've been having the same prob with my storm also....When I receive a notification for a friend request (someone adding me as a friend), it doesn't give me the option to accept or ignore. I can highlight the notification but when I click it the Menu pops up as if I pressed the BB button, also if I highlight it and press the BB button, it shows 'OPEN' as a selectable choice but when I click it, it does nothing. The weird thing is, is that I was able to accept friends before, running the same app version and same OS version/

The problem happens while I'm using the Facebook App (I havent tried using the mobile site). I'm using Facebook v1.7.0.22. And my Storm is running OS 5.0.0.328 (Platform 4.2.0.128)

Has anyone else experienced this problem and know of a way to fix it?
    12-11-09 10:15 AM
    I'll give this thread a bump.. I'm on tour #4 and not a single one has been able to open a friend request since the latest 2 fb software updates.

Also mods could you move this to the correct category.. I don't believe fb for bb would be considered a "3rd party app"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-10 10:29 AM
    I just experienced this recently, about to update firmware yet again, not sure if it will help.. any help?
    03-03-10 08:43 PM
    I will open a msg but it won't give me a field to reply just a link

03-03-10 09:24 PM
    Battery pull always solves the issue of being unable to open a facebook notification, message, email, etc...as far as the above post regarding fb notifications being sent to the fb app as emails, and being unable to reply...this is something totally unrelated, and many have been experiencing today...it'll pass...its a fb server-side issue

03-03-10 09:30 PM
    I'm having the same problem. It was working just fine since I got my tour 4 months back and it just started happening to me yesterday. It must be server side issue right? I haven't installed any new software and I've done multiple battery pulls. Don't know why it just stopped working.

03-04-10 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD