View Poll Results: Which is better?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • BlueAnt Z9i

41 54.67%
  • Aliph Jawbone 2

34 45.33%
    I've read a bunch of reviews of the original BlueAnt Z9 vs the Aliph Jawbone and the consensus was almost always that the BlueAnt was better overall, even though the Jawbone had much better Noise Cancellation.

Curious to know if anyone has done a similar review of the new Z9i vs the Jawbone 2? If so, please let me know what you think...
    05-23-08 12:41 PM
    Anyone use the new Z9i yet?
    05-27-08 05:43 PM
    The Jawbone is just too big. I'm going to get the Z9i this week.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-08 08:59 AM
    What's the difference between the Z9 and Z9i?
    05-30-08 07:05 AM
    The Jawbone is just too big. I'm going to get the Z9i this week.

The Jawbone II ?

Definitely not. It is half the size of the original. I bought this last night and I love it. It's tiny! It's still a bit long, but that's some it can reach your jaw.

I will report back on what I think about the Jawbone II.
    05-31-08 09:34 AM
    It's been a whole day using it and so far it's good.

The only thing is that I notice a static sound, but I'm unsure if it's the headset in general (exchange) or the actual headset (the one in my ear.) I'm actually going to open the second Jawbone II that I bought to verify if it's the unit or all the units.

If it's the unit, I'll exchange the first one.
    06-01-08 02:26 PM
    The z9i is 79.99 w/ free shipping on newegg.com....
    06-04-08 12:01 PM
    What about the volume on the Jawbone II, is it any louder than the previous version? I love the quality sound on the old version, only just wish the volume is louder.

06-05-08 11:42 AM
    I have the new BlueAnt. I used it with my 8830 - it works far better than the Jabra JX10 that I used to have and most people think I sound very good so far. It's really small and it has that nice bit button to turn calls on and off.
    06-07-08 07:17 AM
    Re the Z9i: There is a comment on the crackberry shop site that says the usb cable included in not usb to mini-usb like the typical blackberry cable. Can someone confirm whether this is correct or not. Thanks.
    06-08-08 10:22 PM
    It's been a whole day using it and so far it's good.

The only thing is that I notice a static sound, but I'm unsure if it's the headset in general (exchange) or the actual headset (the one in my ear.) I'm actually going to open the second Jawbone II that I bought to verify if it's the unit or all the units.

If it's the unit, I'll exchange the first one.
    I have it and noticed the same issue.
    06-08-08 10:34 PM
    Re the Z9i: There is a comment on the crackberry shop site that says the usb cable included in not usb to mini-usb like the typical blackberry cable. Can someone confirm whether this is correct or not. Thanks.
    This is correct. The Z9i does not use mini-usb to charge or connect to the computer.
    06-08-08 11:05 PM
    I have the Jawbone 2. The noise cancellation is great. Sound quality is mediocre. Volume is good - I can turn it up too high for me. Build quality seems fine, ut it seems fragile.

Biggest problem is they don't fit everyone. My wife couldn't get it to fit, so she stole my Plantronics. It took me a couple of days to get it to fit right.
    06-08-08 11:37 PM
    I bought a Jawbone 2 and ended up taking it back as I could not get it to fit. I tried every day for a week. I also found the buttons to be very finicky. Half the time it was a struggle to just turn the darn thing on.

If I can ever locate a Z9i locally I'll give it a try. I'm hesitant to order one over the internet in case I end up having to return it as well.
    Last edited by dcscott; 06-09-08 at 10:23 AM.
    06-09-08 10:20 AM
    I bought a Jawbone 2 and ended up taking it back as I could not get it to fit. I tried every day for a week. I also found the buttons to be very finicky. Half the time it was a struggle to just turn the darn thing on.

If I can ever locate a Z9i locally I'll give it a try. I'm hesitant to order one over the internet in case I end up having to return it as well.
    Check with your local Radio Shack
    06-09-08 11:14 AM
    Thanks Irish452. I also called Blueant tech Support, spoke to a real and very pleasant person who said it was not the same. Seems pretty silly to me but there you go.

DCScott - Amazon is currently selling the z9i with a two week wait. They have always been very fair about returns with me, so you might consider them an option if you can't find it locally.

Blueant Tech Support said their V1 which works on voice recognition and response is due sometime this summer.
    06-09-08 01:01 PM
    Personally I would give my worst enemy anything from blueant. Hope you never really need help. I bought the micro exchanged it several times at store never worked so I flushed it down toilet. T-mobile sent me x5 by mistake after telling them no nothing blueant ever. I really hate blueant. I almost switched carriers. Gotta be the cheapest made junk I ever seen and I'm from detroit ( ever seen a pinto)

06-12-08 04:07 AM

This is exactly how I feel; especially new products. I'm not in too big a hurry though. Best Buy carries the Z9, so I suspect they'll eventually get the Z9i. Personally, I want the red one as shown on BlueAnts website- matches my phone.
    06-12-08 04:12 AM
    Yeh I'm going to wait until the Z9i is available locally. Just to darn much trouble trying to return something purchased over the internet. Our local Radio Shack got the Z9's in a month or so back so perhaps in 6 months or so they'll have the Z9i. The Best Buy store here doesn't carry BlueAnt at all. I'd love to get the red one also. Can't figure out why it should cost so much more then the black one though.
    06-12-08 10:16 AM
    I have the Jawbone 2. The noise cancellation is great. Sound quality is mediocre. Volume is good - I can turn it up too high for me. Build quality seems fine, ut it seems fragile.

Biggest problem is they don't fit everyone. My wife couldn't get it to fit, so she stole my Plantronics. It took me a couple of days to get it to fit right.

Ok. So, I'm not the only one that hears the excessive noises when trying to (gently) adjust the device(JB II) in your ear. I keep thinking that it's going to fall apart any day and I'll move over to the z9i.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 06-12-08 at 10:23 AM.
    06-12-08 10:20 AM
    I've noticed that whenever At&t stores carry a new headset that is popular, Radio Shack and Best Buy will get the device in a short time.
    06-12-08 10:25 AM
    Just saw the Z9 at Radio Shack for 89 bucks... Was not the Z9i.

Just in as I'd never seen it there before.
    06-13-08 08:54 PM
    Yeh I'm going to wait until the Z9i is available locally. Just to darn much trouble trying to return something purchased over the internet. Our local Radio Shack got the Z9's in a month or so back so perhaps in 6 months or so they'll have the Z9i. The Best Buy store here doesn't carry BlueAnt at all. I'd love to get the red one also. Can't figure out why it should cost so much more then the black one though.
    Newegg has the z9i Red or black in stock for the same price... $79.99.....

I was going to purchase the jawbone 2 from online reviews but am glad i checked out this thread first. I just now put in my order with the EGG!

For people curious as to returns through NewEgg, anything defective requires RMA and anything you don't like in most cases requires a 15% restock fee..

thx guys for all the info!
    06-15-08 03:38 PM
    works well with the 8830WE however the volume is limited but i can well in a noisey enviorment.

the tech support is very helpful also.
    06-15-08 05:20 PM
    Thanks Irish452. I also called Blueant tech Support, spoke to a real and very pleasant person who said it was not the same. Seems pretty silly to me but there you go.

DCScott - Amazon is currently selling the z9i with a two week wait. They have always been very fair about returns with me, so you might consider them an option if you can't find it locally.

Blueant Tech Support said their V1 which works on voice recognition and response is due sometime this summer.
    Z9I doesnt work with voice recognition????
    06-16-08 02:32 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD