Was wondering if anybody here is using a unlocked Tour on AT&T. My buddy unlocked his and I was able to put my SIM in and switch the network and make a call and text but couldn't use the browser. He's switching to the 9700 and hasn't ported his number over yet, could that be the problem?
    12-07-09 01:40 AM
    I think the issue is that a tour is a cdma device with world capabilities, att, a domestic gsm carrier, will not give you full function on a cdma device. Imo.
    12-07-09 08:30 AM
    I think the issue is that a tour is a cdma device with world capabilities, att, a domestic gsm carrier, will not give you full function on a cdma device. Imo.
    I have a T-Mo sim in my Tour.. full functioning for me... not quite sure what you mean .. So I don't know why AT&T would be any different..
    12-07-09 08:57 AM
    My tour worked on att just fine only Edge worked

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 09:00 AM
    Mine was provisioned by Bell canada, and when I went to the USA and switched to gsm mode, I had full functionality. But if I did a software change and didnt turn it on to cdma mode first to get the service books provisioned and what not, I had no browser.
    You can use the 9520 storm's method of loading at&t's service books, and then the browser works like a charm.
    12-07-09 09:52 AM
    Well you can switch the network on the TOUR from CDMA to GSM and when I did that it worked on AT&T except for the browser.
    12-08-09 02:00 AM
    My tour worked on att just fine only Edge worked

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    On a unlocked CDMA device you can only get EDGE. Does your browser work and if so how did you reinstall the AT&T service books?
    12-09-09 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD