Everyone comments on the short battery life, is it fixable? Is anyone workin on a extended battery for this model? And lastly, why not use a car charger with it to help out thru the day, if it's this bad? Would that hurt it?
    12-07-09 12:06 AM
    On my wifes the battery lasted about 6 hours the first few days. I fixed the sms bug (which wouldn't let the phone sleep) and now it last about 14 hours. Using car charger is fine but no one wants to make sure they always have a charger on them at all times. No battery should die after 6 hours with minimal use. I'm assuming the sms bug gets fixed with the next update and 2.1.
    12-07-09 12:12 AM
    The battery life, is the only thing holding me back from pickin one up. Thanks.
    12-07-09 08:21 AM
    yes it is fixable

yes there are bigger batteries in the works and some report that existing larger batteries (for other htc phones) work

plus there will be 2 updates soon (one this friday) that should help

info here

Optimize your Droid Eris battery life (READ THIS) - Android Forums
    12-07-09 08:31 AM
    I just had my eris off the charger for 30 hours with moderate usage. I find that bery reasonable for a smartphone
    12-07-09 09:12 AM
    I got my eris a week ago and I love it, the battery life is no better or worse than my storm one. I use my phone very heavily, (Internet, texting, apps all that fun stuff) and mine lasts me most of the day. If i feel like I wont make it I'll charge it for around an hour and that is about all the boost it needs to get it the rest of the way.

My Eris did not have the sms bug awake time is completely normal. I just use advanced task killer to make sure no programs are running I don't want.

Coming from 3 blackberrys I can say I love my eris and dont think battery life is that bad. Plus sedio says they are developing extended life batteries so eventually there will be more alternatives.
    12-07-09 11:02 AM
    yes the first few days the battery drains like crazy but once you turn off unnecessarily services you see the battery life greatly improves.
    12-07-09 01:03 PM
    Thanks, sounds promising!
    12-07-09 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD