Does anyone have a 9700 on O2 uk?

I'm totally fed up with T-Mobile UK and am seriously considering jumping to another network as it's upgrade time in a few weeks...
    12-06-09 08:46 PM
    So with O2's reputation of promising so much, then delivering so little, I got an email form my O2 Government Key Account Manager confirming that the 9700 will be launching with O2 on January 4th 2010, which will be good news for all you consumers, but unfortunately as I�m a BES Admin for public sector and governed by CESG, so it will be at least April before I can start to order them in for work while they�re getting government approval.

Hope this helps
    12-07-09 07:43 AM
    I've found several places that are doing the 9700 on o2 on the net, but I suppose if you have to do it through work - you can't do that
    12-07-09 08:00 AM
    Take a look at the forum below... I think you'll be waiting a long long time!

O2 Forum Discussion on 9700
    12-07-09 08:08 AM
    Or could just buy one offline...they sell for around �380 delivered...im with Tmobile UK and i have absolutely no problems with my service...its spot on and the 3G is pretty fast.

Im using an unlocked sim free version of the 9700 Bold2 with my Tmobile UK sim.

Wouldnt touch O2 with a bargepole...they have the worst coverage out of all the major uk networks ie Orange, Voda and Tmobile UK...you might be better off trying Voda as they are doing some stonking deals with the 9700 and their coverage is second to none.
    12-07-09 08:22 AM
    They're available here
    12-07-09 08:24 AM
    you might be better off trying Voda

I don't get a signal in my house with vodafone.

A lot of places I go, I don't get T-Mobile signal but son does on his o2 iPhone
    12-07-09 08:25 AM
    They're available here
    Yeh but thats through a 3rd party...not through O2 officially

I don't get a signal in my house with vodafone.

A lot of places I go, I don't get T-Mobile signal but son does on his o2 iPhone
    Hmmm probably due to where you like ie Isle of Wight...signal can be hit or miss where you are. If O2 gets a good signal where you are then your probably better off getting O2.
    12-07-09 08:31 AM
    Yeh but thats through a 3rd party...not through O2 officially
    Aye, but does that REALLY matter at the end of the day?

Hmmm probably due to where you like ie Isle of Wight...signal can be hit or miss where you are. If O2 gets a good signal where you are then your probably better off getting O2.
    T-Mobile used to be excellent, but I know that their call centres are now in the Phillipines and since then, it's just gotten worse and worse. I detest Orange with a passion and don't really want to stay with T-Mobile when it becomes T-Orange or Orange Mobile or whatever they're going to call themselves LOL
    12-07-09 08:35 AM
    Aye, but does that REALLY matter at the end of the day?
    Probably not but i know for a fact that if you buy a phone from CPW say on O2 and have problems...ringing up O2 they will not be able to help you as my brother found out to his detriment when he upgraded to the new iphone 3gs through CPW.

T-Mobile used to be excellent, but I know that their call centres are now in the Phillipines and since then, it's just gotten worse and worse. I detest Orange with a passion and don't really want to stay with T-Mobile when it becomes T-Orange or Orange Mobile or whatever they're going to call themselves LOL
    Hmmm well for me its been spot on and ive been with Tmobile for almost 15 yrs now even when they were originally one2one. Orange are ok...but i dont like their data bundles so will be interesting to see how things change when Tmobile is finally taken over by them in the next yr or so.
    12-07-09 10:30 AM
    Someone else on this forum was told the 4th January for this phone too. Good sign if it's floating around but there has been a serious lack of information on the o2 release date so don't take the 4th Jan as being cemented.
    12-07-09 12:52 PM
    Saw a dummy model in the shop on the 31st Jan.

Out next week ive been told...no pre order is pretty shoddy tho.
    01-01-10 03:52 AM
    Saw a dummy model in the shop on the 31st Jan.
    Wow, you saw into the future... or did you just mean yesterday?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 05:02 AM
    hi on 02 on simplicity with my bold 2, i bought it out right and pay for the bb bolt, as when you take 18 months contract they just charge you more to make up for the handset for free, and its ok not had any problems, its quick when on 3g for data which i not really noticed going to 2g and i receive all my emails it never stops bleeping. i,m running the lastest os, and i not been able to pick faults with it
    01-01-10 07:37 AM
    its out 4th jan thats 2 days folks
    01-02-10 03:12 PM
    its been out on Orange for a while and I got it free of charge on upgrade... I love it on Orange, 3G works flawlessly and the tariffs are so much better these days...

T2F
    01-02-10 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD