Alright, I just downloaded BerryWeather on my Tour. The ability of having the temperature and stuff right on the wallpaper was the main selling point for me getting this application; however, I cannot get to to change my wallpaper. I clicked on the "set as homepage" option, but my old wallpaper is still the background.

What gives?
    12-06-09 06:07 PM
    Do you have "Show Current Conditions of Home Location as Homescreen Wallpaper" selected in the Homescreen Wallpaper settings?
    12-06-09 06:20 PM
    Do you have "Show Current Conditions of Home Location as Homescreen Wallpaper" selected in the Homescreen Wallpaper settings?
    Is that a option inside of the application or a general setting of the phone?
    12-06-09 06:22 PM
    It's an option in the application. Menu / Settings / Homescreen Wallpaper
    12-06-09 06:27 PM
    Alright, I just downloaded BerryWeather on my Tour. The ability of having the temperature and stuff right on the wallpaper was the main selling point for me getting this application; however, I cannot get to to change my wallpaper. I clicked on the "set as homepage" option, but my old wallpaper is still the background.

What gives?
    What OS version do you have on your Tour? 4.7 or 5? Also make sure you downloaded the correct version of BerryWeather. You can download them at m.bellshare.com.

Please make sure to download the on specific to your OS.

Once that is done, you need to select the wallpaper you'd like from within the Homescreen Wallpaper settings. Save it and then refresh your home location.
    12-06-09 06:29 PM
    The version I downloaded fresh from the site has the word "icon" instead of "wallpaper". The box "show temperature badge on homescreen icon" is checked.

I should also note I downloaded the free trial if that makes a difference at all.
    12-06-09 06:30 PM
    The version I downloaded fresh from the site has the word "icon" instead of "wallpaper". The box "show temperature badge on homescreen icon" is checked.

I should also note I downloaded the free trial if that makes a difference at all.
    That option is on the Homescreen / Notification Icon screen. You need to be on the Homescreen Wallpaper screen. The free trial is time-limited but has all the features of the full program. Did you download version 2.0 or version 1.5?
    12-06-09 06:34 PM
    What OS version do you have on your Tour? 4.7 or 5? Also make sure you downloaded the correct version of BerryWeather. You can download them at m.bellshare.com.

I have 4.7 installed right now. I downloaded the latest version off of bellshare...
    12-06-09 06:34 PM
    Did you download version 2.0 or version 1.5?
    I downloaded 2.0.
    12-06-09 06:37 PM
    I have 4.7 installed right now. I downloaded the latest version off of bellshare...

Check to see if all your permissions are set to allow.
    12-06-09 06:38 PM
    Check to see if all your permissions are set to allow.
    Everything looks good...

Going back to the settings options Jeff was suggesting...

When I go to the menu and select settings, here are the list of choices that it gives me...

General Settings
    Display Settings
    Homescreen Icon
    Weather Advisories
    Radar Maps

Am I even in the right place or am I a complete moron tonight and not understanding anything.
    Last edited by stanleyjenkins; 12-06-09 at 06:46 PM.
    12-06-09 06:42 PM
    This is how it's supposed to look on 4.7+

This is OS5 on my 9700
    12-06-09 06:46 PM
    Well what the heck... I have all of those expect for the wallpaper one. Now I am really flustered.
    12-06-09 06:49 PM
    You are in the right place, but you are missing a menu item. "Homescreen Wallpaper" should be between "Homescreen / Notification Icon" and "Weather Advisories."

Try rebooting your BlackBerrry. If that doesn't fix it, delete the app and reinstall it.
    12-06-09 06:49 PM
    Already tried the n00b approach of rebooting my phone. I am trying the uninstalled/redownload approach now. We'll see how that goes.

Thanks Jeff and Gregg for helping me out so far!
    12-06-09 06:52 PM
    Already tried the n00b approach of rebooting my phone. I am trying the uninstalled/redownload approach now. We'll see how that goes.

Thanks Jeff and Gregg for helping me out so far!
    No problem just make sure you download the correct version off of m.bellshare.com (4.7), set all permissions to allow (you can check the box when downloading that says 'set permissions) and then do a reboot. This should help and clear up the issue.
    12-06-09 06:56 PM
    Alright. I redownloaded and installed it and we're in business and everything works as it should... Thanks again guys!

noob question: It's just a one time fee of $10 right and not a monthly occurrence?
    Last edited by stanleyjenkins; 12-06-09 at 07:06 PM.
    12-06-09 07:04 PM
    noob question: It's just a one time fee of $10 right and not a monthly occurrence?
    One time buy. Only ongoing fee is your cell phone bill.
    12-06-09 07:35 PM
    I had the same problem and it was because Mobihand sent me a link for a 4.2 download. Was really frustrating me too until I realized that I installed the wrong version.
    12-06-09 10:14 PM
    Im almost certain that all of you are running 4.7 and not 5.0? I'm having many of these problems as well and I'm using 4.7.1.65 which is the latest official Tour release. I've been getting pretty good feedback from the Bellshare forum here: www.bellshare.com • Login

Here is my problem (copied from BShare forum):

Now that i do have the correct version for the Tour running the latest official update (4.7.1.65), I have the wallpaper option, but when i select a background and check the option for BW to be my wallpaper, nothing happens. Instead, my wallpaper changes to that particular themes default background and that's it. I've tried this across the stock zen theme and 3 other custom themes. Also, if I change my wallpaper to something else. BW resets it to the themes default wallpaper when it updates every hour. Help. I've been at this since early evening yesterday starting with the versioning problems.

My install process went as followed:

Uninstalled old version of BW
    Battery pull
    Installed 2.0
    Battery pull
    Wallpaper option there
    Doesnt do anything.
    All permissions are set to allow
    12-07-09 09:19 AM
    All good here

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by cam779; 12-08-09 at 03:53 PM.
    12-07-09 11:33 AM
    Im also going through the same problem, re-installing now...
    12-16-09 02:10 PM
    i was told that when you pick a wall paper for the homepage, the image needs to be .jpeg.

i'm using a jpeg and it works great... but i dont know for sure. just an idea
    12-27-09 11:57 PM
    I truly believe that you downloaded the wrong version. Uninstall the one on your phone and go to Bellshare - Premium BlackBerry Apps and click BerryWeather. Be sure to download the one for OS 4.7+

I am on a 4.7 Tour and here is my BW Options screen:

EDIT: disregard my post, I did not read that the OP solved his issue.
    12-28-09 07:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD