I type very quickly, and very often. Is there any way to prevent my 9700 from deleting everything in (usually long) messages when I hit alt+delete? All of my previous bb models didn't do that, and I can only assume its a 5.0 thing- but I would really love some help, because it's really starting to annoy me (it happens at least 5-6 times a day.

I know the obvious answer is to not hit those buttons in combination, but like I said, I type very quickly and sometimes hit alt to make a punctuation, etc. before I realize I've made a typo, then hit delete to go back..

any thoughts would be amazing.

Thanks!

PS- I tried a search on this but due to the nature of the words involved (I came up with thousands of unrelated hits)
    12-06-09 05:32 PM
    ME TOO! This annoys the SHIITTTTT out of me! Why did they do this stupid thing!? I was hoping to find an answer myself
    12-06-09 06:32 PM
    Exact same thing with me, must happen five times a day.
    12-06-09 06:36 PM
    @joolian,

Really? It happens on your 8310? I never had any problems with my 8320 or any of the models I had before that.
    12-06-09 06:49 PM
    There MUST BE A WAY TO FIX THIS... SO DAMN IRRITATING! Keep posting on this guys and keep it at the top so someone will help lol
    12-06-09 06:54 PM
    There's no way to fix this , someone would have to make some kind of app to prevent it . I find it to be a good feature. Just be careful when you type
    12-06-09 06:57 PM
    It's a PITA for sure, especially when it happens constantly. Really hope they implement and option to disable it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 07:56 PM
    There's no way to fix this , someone would have to make some kind of app to prevent it . I find it to be a good feature. Just be careful when you type
    if you think this is a good feature, you must not text very often
    12-06-09 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD