Blackberry 9650 will be coming out for Verizon sometimes in Q2 2010. That will be most likely from May 2010 to July 2010. The phone will have these following things for update.

1. Same processor as Tour (Yikes)
    2. Wifi built in.
    3. Double Ram
    4. BB 5.0 software right out of the box.
    5. Track pad

This is what I have been heard and seen so far. What do you all think?
    12-06-09 08:47 AM
    This has all been discussed in the Essex section.
    Trackpad is a plus
    Wifi is a plus
    More memory is a plus
    BB 5.0 is a plus
    I have no clue why you put yikes at no.1. What's wrong with this processor? Tour is already a great phone. All those added features make it even better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 09:00 AM
    yeah this has been talked about for a long time already. Tour 2 is already out floating around on ebay for 1,400 bucks though. It will be out sooner then we think
    12-06-09 09:32 AM
    I'll be eligible for an upgrade by then, gonna scoop it up...
    12-06-09 09:36 AM
    Same here, bro! Looking forward to it!
    12-06-09 09:43 AM
    you can buy it now for 1,400 bucks though! go for it! lol

Edit... nevermind.. there going for 1,600 bucks now.. BlackBerry Tour 2 9650 ESSEX FACTORY UNLOCKED Wifi 3G - eBay (item 260518817346 end time Dec-15-09 19:05:26 PST)

good thing is, its free shipping though
    Last edited by mjbesen310; 12-06-09 at 09:59 AM.
    12-06-09 09:54 AM
    This has all been discussed in the Essex section.
    Trackpad is a plus
    Wifi is a plus
    More memory is a plus
    BB 5.0 is a plus
    I have no clue why you put yikes at no.1. What's wrong with this processor? Tour is already a great phone. All those added features make it even better.

Not good enough for Open GL.

I've heard that the processor will be different, thank Jeezus. It's not really worth the upgrade otherwise.
    Last edited by cenloe; 12-07-09 at 10:16 AM.
    12-06-09 10:01 AM
    Not god enough for Open GL.

I've heard that the processor will be different, thank Jeezus. It's not really worth the upgrade otherwise.
    no, processor is the same, thank god. The processor on the Tour right now is very good and fast, why would they want to change it? The only other Blackberry which is clocked a little more is the Bold which you cannt tell unless you have a lot of apps open at the same time
    12-06-09 10:03 AM
    The Tour 2 has some nice features but nothing really jumps out as all that better. It's another tiny incremental improvement which RIM is really tiring me with.

RIM: PLEASE release a few less devices. This would allow you to focus and get the QUALITY back to what you were known for. Then, when you release a new device... it will have nice improvements, less rejects, and solidify your customer base.
    12-06-09 10:57 AM
    I don't understand how that device is worth everyone's money, especially after coming off the Tour. Those upgrades are insignificant for the most part...
    12-06-09 11:12 AM
    I'm going to upgrade from my Tour to the Essex. The only thing I really want is WiFi. I thought I could live without it on my Tour, but it's not easy. The trackpad is a huge plus a well.

Sal also twitted that a release date between Dec. 20th - Jan 15th is, "looking good".
    Last edited by Dsmithjr; 12-06-09 at 12:04 PM.
    12-06-09 12:02 PM
    My thoughts after reading and trying a trackpad

1. Same processor as Tour---Cool
    2. Wifi built in---Does not make a difference to me
    3. Double Ram---I have enough for what I use and do
    4. BB 5.0---software right out of the box. It will have bugs like all others do.
    5. Track pad---tried it on 9700 and don't care for it

I'm sticking with 4.7.1.61 and will read about the many 5.0 bugs when its finally released. My tour works fine and I am experiencing no bugs with 4.7. I love my trackball and if and when it craps out, I will replace it .
    12-06-09 12:45 PM
    Thank u Dave!

12-06-09 01:12 PM

4. BB 5.0---software right out of the box. It will have bugs like all others do.

I'm sticking with 4.7.1.61 and will read about the many 5.0 bugs when its finally released. My tour works fine and I am experiencing no bugs with 4.7. I love my trackball and if and when it craps out, I will replace it .
    My thoughts exactly. I feel like the odd one out since I have no real use for wifi (had it on my PPC 6850) and didnt use it. And I also really dont like the optical trackpad. I tried it out and really didnt like it. I can always replace the trackball
    12-06-09 03:02 PM
    I used a trackpad on a Curve 8530 and it felt so cheap - the whole phone just felt so poorly built. Then again I felt the same way about the Curve 8330. Curves in general just feel so plasticy and cheap to me like they're going to fall apart at any moment.

The trackpad on the 8530 wiggled around and wasn't very comfortable to use. Hopefully it gets improved since I assume RIM will be implementing a trackpad into all new phones that aren't touch.
    12-06-09 03:15 PM

My exact thoughts.
    12-06-09 05:35 PM
    That's great, July is when I can upgade again I think I will try it out and just return it is i like my original Tour better.

Its not the same playing with the Blackberry in the Verizon store for a while, I think i'd want to bring it home and actually try out the trackpad for a little whileee...
    12-06-09 09:37 PM
    To me it just seems like a lot of phones are going out that look the exact same with the same technology how is this helping RIM at all.

12-06-09 09:43 PM
    Trackpad on the 9700 is sweet.
    12-06-09 10:24 PM
    I don't understand why so many people are freaking out over the Tour 2. Wifi? Don't need it on Verizon's network. Trackpad, and more memory? 5.0 OS? Load the 5.0 on your current Tour. 2GB is plenty, but if you want more, go buy the 8GB Card for $25 at Walmart, and there you go. Just saved you $200+ from buying the tour 2.

All of the bugs are worked out with the Tour. Built great, and the processor is great. No loose battery door, and trackpad doesn't stick. If you are trying to decided on waiting for the Tour 2, or getting the Tour now, I would get the Tour now. Hands down best BB I've ever owned. It's a great blackberry!
    12-06-09 11:47 PM
    I don't understand why so many people are freaking out over the Tour 2. Wifi? Don't need it on Verizon's network. Trackpad, and more memory? 5.0 OS? Load the 5.0 on your current Tour. 2GB is plenty, but if you want more, go buy the 8GB Card for $25 at Walmart, and there you go. Just saved you $200+ from buying the tour 2.

All of the bugs are worked out with the Tour. Built great, and the processor is great. No loose battery door, and trackpad doesn't stick. If you are trying to decided on waiting for the Tour 2, or getting the Tour now, I would get the Tour now. Hands down best BB I've ever owned. It's a great blackberry!
    A few comments:

First off, wifi lets you use the internet while you're on a call. This isn't possible on Verizon or Sprint without wifi. Wifi also lets you email from your
    BB at 30K feet on an airplane. Your cell provider can't do that, regardless of how red the map is.

I wish the new batches of Tours had functional trackballs, but that's just not the case. I'm on my third Tour because of the trackball problems, and it was built after the supposed "fix" date. Guess what? It has a bad trackball. Doesn't scroll right horizontally.

The Tour is a great phone, but the Tour 2 is what the phone should have been all along, and I'm not very happy that I'll have to pay extra money to have a functional phone (trackball problem).
    12-07-09 12:12 AM
    people mostly need and want the Essex due to the Trackpad. Most people who own the Tour right now hate the trackball, so a trackpad is in dire need.
    12-07-09 07:24 AM
    Sal twetted that the Tour 2 will be out between Dec 15 of this year and 1/20/09 of next year and he's been spot on with everything. Where does the Q2 come from?
    12-07-09 08:20 AM
    A few comments:

First off, wifi lets you use the internet while you're on a call. This isn't possible on Verizon or Sprint without wifi. Wifi also lets you email from your
    BB at 30K feet on an airplane. Your cell provider can't do that, regardless of how red the map is.

I wish the new batches of Tours had functional trackballs, but that's just not the case. I'm on my third Tour because of the trackball problems, and it was built after the supposed "fix" date. Guess what? It has a bad trackball. Doesn't scroll right horizontally.

The Tour is a great phone, but the Tour 2 is what the phone should have been all along, and I'm not very happy that I'll have to pay extra money to have a functional phone (trackball problem).
    I agree very thoroughly with you. Also, very good explanation with regards to wifi. I never really understood why da **** I would need/want wifi but you just gave 2 very good reasons.
    12-07-09 08:31 AM
    yeah you may not need wifi atm but who knows what the future holds. wifi is probably going to be the standard on smartphones soon so its just better to have an extra capability rather than be without it.....

the airplane thing is a big one too. wifi is quickly becoming standard on flights.
    12-07-09 08:35 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD