Hey all, got another question. Can I prep my 8350i (previously used with Boost) to give to another person on Boost?

For example, I've reset the device. I'm going to re-do the SB, and all the steps to make it go for Boost. Will all the new owner need to do is put in their Boost SIM card then they'd be all set, or are there other things he'll need to do?

Thank you, all for your wonderful help. This community is #1!
    12-04-09 11:48 PM
    yeah..they should be oksim has nothing to do with the SB's
    12-05-09 12:08 AM
    Hey all, got another question. Can I prep my 8350i (previously used with Boost) to give to another person on Boost?

For example, I've reset the device. I'm going to re-do the SB, and all the steps to make it go for Boost. Will all the new owner need to do is put in their Boost SIM card then they'd be all set, or are there other things he'll need to do?

Thank you, all for your wonderful help. This community is #1!
    A sim card needs to be in when you install the SBs, also, sometimes when the sim card is pulled out it loses its SBs.
    12-05-09 12:12 AM
    pilosos is correct. New sim must be in phone before sb's installed. After that its easy.
    12-05-09 12:37 AM
    Kewl. Thank you for the info!
    12-05-09 05:28 PM
    OK, I'm confused. I have been hearing about this boost for blackberry and more specifically about using it with the 8350i of which I currently have. Can someone enlighten me on exactly what this boost thingy is and what can it do for my curve?

Thanks,

Papa
    12-08-09 12:49 AM
    Boost Mobile is Nextel's prepaid service (boostmobile.com) With the Tutorial for Boost and the 8350i from Amy Sharren or the revision from Piloso it allows you to use the 8350i on boost without a 2yr Nextel contract...minus BBM, Pin messaging, and push email(unless using 3rd party apps).
    12-08-09 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD