I called up verizon because I was getting a "sim card error" and they sent me a new storm 1. I noticed several things that seem to be improved on the new Storm I received from them:

1. new piece of foam on the panel behind the battery that makes the old business card trick unecessary.
    2. screen doesn't jiggle as much as my canada build storm did. (this new storm is a Mexico build)
    3. Pieces seem to fit together better (battery door, physical buttons on casing)

Anyone else notice the improvements? I've had my replaced storm since february 2009.
    12-04-09 09:38 PM
    This is great news. Any chance they added an additional 128mb app memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 10:04 PM
    I can agree. I had my original storm replaced in October and the new one just seems better put together just like the original poster said. That coupled with OS 5.0 and its altogether a great phone!
    12-04-09 10:06 PM
    Are you sure you diidnt get a nice refurb that someone put the foam in?

12-04-09 10:26 PM
    I don't have the foam but my new refurb (oct. 09) has the 4 buttons all as one piece. My original (dec.08) had individual pieces for the talk and end buttons. I don't know when they started doing that.
    12-04-09 11:18 PM
    They tried to send me a refurb. I called them up and complained about the shoddy quality of the refurb (scratched case, loose screen) and they sent me a brand spanking new one...

12-05-09 01:13 AM
    so there HAVE been discrete hardware revisions.
    12-05-09 11:11 AM
    I too just received a new storm 1, working fantastic so far. Has the foam behind the battery, one piece for the buttons, just put together very nice, compared to the other one.
    12-18-09 02:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD