Ok just a thread on which smartphone you like better...all opinions welcome. Which do you like better and why...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 04:51 PM
    Which HTC though... There's a ton of HTC phones and they're all fairly different, whereas right now Palm only really has the Treo Pro (kinda old release), pixi and pre (which are basically similar).
    12-04-09 05:49 PM
    I've used a few HTC phones, even more winmo phones, no thoughts on palm web os, I went to blackberry before it came out. The thing I really like about Blackberry is that stability. I used winmo from versions 5 through 6.5 and they all had stability issues. Lots of restarts and lock-ups. The issue wasnt with a particular phone, I had used Palm and HTC with winmo and the issues were always there. It got better as winmo progressed, but there was still issues. Blackberry is more remedial than windows, but MUCH more stable. You have to choose between flashy with lock-ups and restarts or a workhorse and stability. Hope this helps.
    12-04-09 06:00 PM
    I like and hate HTC all at the same time.

-They have a pretty good UI, but their workflow isn't very optimized. Takes too many steps to do things, can't do things from locations that you would want to (have to delve into WM native apps to do so), etc.
    -Their build quality feels fairly cheap most of the time, yet the phones are always expensive as **** (you can get practically any Sprint phone cheaper than the TP2).
    -They have pretty good keyboards in general.
    -They have large devices and large screens in general, which usually is a good thing.

I still like the Pre more though. The OS and UI are far better. The phone is much cheaper and the screen is still very good, even though it's smaller than HTC devices. The keyboard is not as good though.
    12-04-09 08:27 PM
    Yeah I was looking at the HTC Mogul 6800 and people were telling me to stay away from it. I haven't really messed around with the Pre but from what I hear Palm puts some time into their phones. I guess it come down to a reliable phone or a nice looking HTC...they always catch my attention and love the way their built

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 09:32 AM
    When I go to the palm forums I see pages and pages full of complains about the pre... I have seen the pre in person, I thought it looks nice. Anyone who has a pre, I would like to know:

1 Is there an official msn messenger on it.? I always leave my msn messenger on my storm in the background, when someone messages, my led on the storm would blink and I get notified without turning on the screen to see.

2 How is the battery life?
    12-08-09 09:43 PM
    I have had both HTC phones and Palm phones. After using about 3 of each I finally found one that runs very well with NO hicupps yet after about a month of use so far. I am talking about the Palm Pro. I have not had a single battery pull to date yet. With the HTC Touch Pro I was doing atleast a battery pull every other day. I am one that does not like to wait around for a phone to close a program. I like to do things fast. With HTC and Palm building this phone together it has the best of both worlds for me. Not to mention it is a very nice phone to look at compaired to some of the older palms. Not trying to stir anything up but this is my .02
    12-09-09 08:59 PM
    When I go to the palm forums I see pages and pages full of complains about the pre... I have seen the pre in person, I thought it looks nice. Anyone who has a pre, I would like to know:

1 Is there an official msn messenger on it.? I always leave my msn messenger on my storm in the background, when someone messages, my led on the storm would blink and I get notified without turning on the screen to see.

2 How is the battery life?
    1) Only Gtalk, Aim and Yahoo are currently supported chat clients. Would have to wait and see if MSN becomes available.

2) Poor. This is one of the major issues of the phone, so I got the 2600mah extended battery and now the battery life is pretty good.

I saw the same slew of complaints before I got my Pre, but generally I haven't seen any of those issues. The bad battery life with the stock battery is just a given. Either you need to invest in chargers or get a bigger battery.
    12-10-09 02:14 PM
    The only HTC phones I would go for at the moment are HD2 and Bravo/Passion/Dragon. I had a Touch Pro before my Pre, loved it to death but WinMo 6.1 doesn't cut it, if Touch Pro 2 had Android I would switch.
    12-10-09 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD