hi, since day 1 my BB has been getting emails way before my work PC does.

just a couple of hours ago I noticed that my PC (Outlook) has been getting my emails before the BB does. taking like 5 minutes before showing up on the device.

is this a carrier issue or something else?
    12-04-09 03:37 PM
    I have T-Mobile and it works normally. I don't think it is a carrier issue.

What e-mail provider are you using?
    12-04-09 03:56 PM
    If your Blackberry is using the OWA (outlook web access) to get the emails.....which if you are using a corporate email account and don't have BES than more than likely it is...... this isn't that far from normal. I use this type of setup on my berry and sometimes the berry will get the email first or vice versa. Once time it was taking 10 to 20 minutes for my Blackberry to receive the email after it would pop up on my Outlook. I called tech support and they suggested I clean out my Outlook box because when the berry goes to check for new message it has to go through all the messages to find the new ones. I went and auto-archived a bunch of old stuff and deleted alot of crap emails and not long after that it was all back to normal.

I can't confirm what they told me is absolutely true, but it did work well for me!
    12-04-09 04:47 PM
    thanks both..

vdubguy, I do have BES. not sure why it started happening. I'll try a battery pull and see what happens.

the reason i ask about it being a carrier issue is because my 2 co-workers (not T-Mobile) are still getting it at the same "speed" and believe me, they have a ton more emails in their boxes than I do.

thanks again to both of you
    12-04-09 05:35 PM
    hi, since day 1 my BB has been getting emails way before my work PC does.

just a couple of hours ago I noticed that my PC (Outlook) has been getting my emails before the BB does. taking like 5 minutes before showing up on the device.

is this a carrier issue or something else?
    Frequently I have my BlackBerry sitting next to my computer and almost inevitably my BlackBerry gets new email before my computer does.
    12-07-09 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD