Have a 8330 from Verizon in a corporate environment with BES. I get pages that come from a hospital internet system through BES with address as [email protected]. Also need to get pages from answering service as [email protected]. Finally a few people need to send me messages for immediate review throughout the day. Rest of email can wait. I have profile exceptions with ring tones for these.
    However, exceptions override all other profiles (loud, quite, vibrate, etc) such that they are useless. Would like to get them to be Level 1 messages so I can control their notification in proper profiles. I cant see how to do this on my BB? The local people can't see how to do this on BES? Anyone know how to take an email address and SMS address and make them Level 1?
    Thanks!
    05-22-08 08:56 PM
    Too bad you're not on BIS, you can use filters to make this happen. I have never used BES, is there a way to manipulate the filters and right a rule such that "if this address...then level 1 message output" ? Just trying to help out....
    05-23-08 01:20 PM
    It is a good idea. We tried doing filters but going to Level 1 is not an option on BES at least. The filters that come with the Curve appear to only stop a message from coming through. the only actions at bottom of email options are Importance, Sensitivity and Action. The last has only forward/no forward.
    05-23-08 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD