Here are my top complaints...

* Either go go back to the old non-threaded text format so we can decide to treat ea message as an individual or at least give us the choice. Pretty simple, should have been an obvious feature. It is a TEXT not a CHAT!!!! Not all messages in a text to the same person are related and sometimes you want to keep some and delete others for many reasons. IF I WANTED TO CHAT, I WOULD USE THE CHAT FEATURE!!!!

* Allow us to determine how the "enter" key is used while texting, for inserting a hard return w/o the need to hit the caps button twice to insert it. I have sent way too many messages before I was done because it sometimes just sends inspite of hitting the caps button then the return button. VERY ANNOYING!!

* When editing texts, the edit cursor is too jumpy and it follows my finger so closely that I can't see where it is because my finger is in the way! VERY difficult to position it. Most of the time I am forced to get it close and backspace until I get it positioned and re-type.

* Make it easier for 3rd party app developers to produce some of the very cool aps like on the iPhone.

It's not all bad! I would like it to be more configurable for ME so it is MY Storm and not the Storm somebody at RIM thinks it should be!

Mine now (since 5.blah blah blah) locks up forcing me to pull the battery almost daily. It gave me a white screen with VERY tiny text saying "error 523" reset. But it's either too small to sense the click or something is wrong. There is no explanation for this I've found. Only a battery pull seems to work. I used to only do a battery pull once a week, now it 2-3 times a day. It's cost me lost customers who get tired of going to voicemail thinking I'm blowing them off.
    12-04-09 11:59 AM
    Best of luck.
    12-04-09 12:12 PM
    Less wish lists, actually. We're at critical mass for SCOPE CREEP, and we need to get the phones back to lean and mean and stable.
    12-04-09 12:43 PM
    It's kind of funny how 6 months ago everyone was crying over wanting threaded SMS. Now that we have it nobody wants it...lol! But I agree, there should be the option. Honestly, I can't seem to decide. I hated it at first, but it's growing on me I guess.

Anyway, as far as RIM listening, I wish you the best. They haven't listened in the past, so I wouldn't expect them to listen now...
    12-04-09 02:19 PM
    Here are my top complaints...

* Either go go back to the old non-threaded text format so we can decide to treat ea message as an individual or at least give us the choice. Pretty simple, should have been an obvious feature. It is a TEXT not a CHAT!!!! Not all messages in a text to the same person are related and sometimes you want to keep some and delete others for many reasons. IF I WANTED TO CHAT, I WOULD USE THE CHAT FEATURE!!!!

* Allow us to determine how the "enter" key is used while texting, for inserting a hard return w/o the need to hit the caps button twice to insert it. I have sent way too many messages before I was done because it sometimes just sends inspite of hitting the caps button then the return button. VERY ANNOYING!!

* When editing texts, the edit cursor is too jumpy and it follows my finger so closely that I can't see where it is because my finger is in the way! VERY difficult to position it. Most of the time I am forced to get it close and backspace until I get it positioned and re-type.

* Make it easier for 3rd party app developers to produce some of the very cool aps like on the iPhone.

It's not all bad! I would like it to be more configurable for ME so it is MY Storm and not the Storm somebody at RIM thinks it should be!

Mine now (since 5.blah blah blah) locks up forcing me to pull the battery almost daily. It gave me a white screen with VERY tiny text saying "error 523" reset. But it's either too small to sense the click or something is wrong. There is no explanation for this I've found. Only a battery pull seems to work. I used to only do a battery pull once a week, now it 2-3 times a day. It's cost me lost customers who get tired of going to voicemail thinking I'm blowing them off.

I agree with everything you mentioned. I love the phone but those things would make it better
    12-04-09 03:53 PM
    Here's the problem with these wish lists... what you want may not be what others want. And if RIM were to make you perfectly happy, I can guarantee you that there would be a whole pile of users complaining that RIM should go back to the old way, etc.

Unfortunately, RIM can't make everyone happy and instead, you need to learn how to work with the tool you have in hand. It seems to me that it would be much easier to have a few users adapt to the way of doing something rather than to change a set of features just for a few users.

P.S. You're posting this on CrackBerry... which is not at all related to RIM. I can pretty much guarantee you that the only other people who will see this are other CrackBerry users.
    Last edited by Krypto; 12-04-09 at 06:29 PM.
    12-04-09 06:27 PM
    Here's an issue that isn't just what I want and others do not. The auto dim bug. If "automatically dim backlight" is set to off in the screen/keyboard options, that $hit should never dim! I don't want to have to set my backlight to a low value and keep auto dim on to not notice it. I just want the option to work like it is supposed to. By far the most annoying bug with the 5.0 OSs to me
    12-05-09 12:08 AM
    I like your wish list, everyone needs one because making your BB yours is what BB's are all about. But I have some issues with yours.

1. I personally love the new threaded SMS. I wouldn't mind if there was an option to go back to the old way, even though I would never use it, but to each his own.

2. I love the new feature. It makes for one less key stroke in sending a message. Why are you making paragraphs in a text in the first place? Just like you said, "It's a text, not a chat."

3. I have no issues using the cursor at all, on the Storm 1 or 2. How can you not see where the cusor is with that huge box they put around it? I'm sure this will get better with the newer builds though, the copy/paste feature has gotten better and better. This wish will probably come true for you.

4. This one I hope they don't change much. The great things about BB's that set them apart from all others is the one major problem with this wish. There is a large number of different BB's to fill every niche, lots of different OS's with lots of different platforms. Also, a BB is the most secure phone out there, there's a reason you won't see a FBI or CIA agent with an Iphone. Meeting security standards is what makes things hard for developers, they also get to deal with different OS's and platforms.

So good luck on your wish list, I hope some of it will come true for you. It just looks more like a wish list fit for a genie in a bottle than one for RIM.
    12-05-09 01:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD