Im selling my 9000 today to someone on Craigslist, is there anything special I have to do to it, other than wipe it? I guess my question is, whenever he goes to register my PIN, are my email accounts going to come up? I searched, but couldnt find anything difinitive.
    12-04-09 08:28 AM
    Just do a security wipe (OS 5.0) or Handheld wipe (OS 4.6). This will restore factory settings on the device so everything will be deleted. You're emails won't come up or anything of the sort. Best
    12-04-09 08:33 AM
    Thanks, but are you sure when the person registers it in BIS that my old PIN and IMEI wont bring up all my email accounts? Thats what im worried about.

Just do a security wipe (OS 5.0) or Handheld wipe (OS 4.6). This will restore factory settings on the device so everything will be deleted. You're emails won't come up or anything of the sort. Best
    12-04-09 08:39 AM
    Thanks, but are you sure when the person registers it in BIS that my old PIN and IMEI wont bring up all my email accounts? Thats what im worried about.
    You should either log in to BIS and remove all the e-mail accounts from your profile (assuming you are done with BB) or use the device switch wizard in DM to transfer everything to a new device. Either way, what you are effectively doing is advising your carrier that these e-mail accounts are no longer associated with the device you are planning to sell.

Doug
    12-04-09 08:56 AM
    Ok, I did that. I switched to a 9700, so everything is with my new PIN. Thanks.

You should either log in to BIS and remove all the e-mail accounts from your profile (assuming you are done with BB) or use the device switch wizard in DM to transfer everything to a new device. Either way, what you are effectively doing is advising your carrier that these e-mail accounts are no longer associated with the device you are planning to sell.

Doug
    12-04-09 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD