Hi guys. I recently got a new handset and also jus bought a new 8gb memory card, but now the emails seem to get deleted from the device. I'm not sure if the settings are the problem. Please help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 06:41 AM
    You could check the settings. Go to one of your email folders and press Menu>Options>General Options. Scroll to the bottom of the screen. This is where you can choose how long messages are retained for.

12-04-09 06:47 AM
    I have selected 6 months.. They dissapear after a day though :s

12-04-09 08:06 AM
    And how many emails are we talking about???

Also, have you done a Battery Pull: Leave your device on, pull the battery for 20 seconds, put it back in... you should be doing this at least once every 2 weeks.
    12-04-09 08:36 AM
    2 email accounts. The handset is not even 2 weeks old.

12-04-09 10:29 AM
    ****Golf Clap****

Battery Pull????
    12-04-09 10:58 AM
    Dumb question - are you deleting the e-mails elsewhere such as on an e-mail client like Outlook or on a web based e-mail (like Gmail or Yahoo!)? If so, your phone may be reconciling with the e-mail server or service - seeing the e-mail is deleted and then deleting it on your phone.

If you are using an e-mail client like Outlook, you have to make sure that Outlook leaves a copy of the e-mails on the server (Outlook Accounts - Options or something like that).

If you are deleting the e-mail on the web, then I think you have to turn off reconcilement from your e-mail reconcilation options or change a setting to say that "Device Wins".
    12-04-09 11:00 AM
    I use outlook express and the emails stay on the server but not on the handset :s

12-04-09 02:02 PM
    Wow... still no answer on my suggestion.

I'm not coming back to this thread again... good luck!!!
    12-04-09 03:10 PM
    Fatboy I said 2 and the device is only 2 weeks old, should have mentioned one battery pull. I did answer you

12-04-09 05:35 PM
    Fatboy I said 2 and the device is only 2 weeks old, should have mentioned one battery pull. I did answer you

Really... and which one of these two threads did you say "2" Battery Pulls??? I do a battery pull once a week... so in two weeks I would have at least done two battery pull beside the first time of putting the battery in it.... and if I'm having problems I will do a battery pull before I try to start a thread.

2 email accounts. The handset is not even 2 weeks old.

I use outlook express and the emails stay on the server but not on the handset :s

Sorry, for looking at this thread again... it will not happen again!!!
    12-04-09 06:09 PM
    Sorry I think you misunderstood, you asked how many emails? I answered 2 email accounts and the handset is only 2 weeks old I didn't mention 2 batpulls only 1. But it doesn't work. Just would like some help guys

12-04-09 06:12 PM
    You could check the settings. Go to one of your email folders and press Menu>Options>General Options. Scroll to the bottom of the screen. This is where you can choose how long messages are retained for.

this is the right way.
    12-06-09 11:52 AM
    I have selected forever but they still get deleted after a day

12-07-09 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD