Hey again,

I've had the BB Student My10 Long Distance plan for a few months now, on my BB Curve 8900. Like a lot of people around here, I was worried about the UMA on my phone but told by rogers not to worry, it meant nothing for me other than Wifi for web browsing.

Anyways... this month my bill comes in, and instead of being 50$ it's 200$. I've been charged for the talk time from Victoria to Vancouver under UMO "Outgoing Home Zone" for calls made to people in my My10 Long Distance

I'm hoping this is a mistake but will call them in the morning. What could they try and tell me? I have no idea why they've suddenly decided to charge me for numbers on My10. Looking to last month's bill everything was fine? All very strange. Anyone had a similar problem?
    12-03-09 11:18 PM
    In the past year, I have had two (count 'em, two) bills from Rogers that weren't wrong in some way - and always to their benefit.

It pays to check every single bill from them (and yeah, I still get them to send me a paper bill and - probably grandfathered in - a detailed bill, at that) and generally find that a call to them will sort the problem. Some small - some large - though not, to date, anything like what you've experienced, bormac!
    12-04-09 07:40 AM
    I've had the exact thing happen to me the last 2 bills.

I too use UMA all the time, and one of my numbers on my5 canadawide got charged the LD rate. Actually it was only .30/min instead of the reg. .35/min.

I simply called them up and had them credit it. It's just a simple billing error.

That's why it's good to always completely go over your bill to check for errors.

If it's a number that's supposed to be on your my 10 canadawide and it was on there at the time of the call. then you should be good.

I actually called them today for my credit, unfortunately my bill isn't updated in there systems yet, but I got it online today, so I'll just call back tomorrow.

really, this is a minor problem and I'm sure they'll have no problem in crediting it back.

And you shouldn't be worried about UMA calling. I've been doing it for about the last 4 months I think and it's been great. Saved me a ton on long distance and has allowed me to use my phone more than I started off with.

Hey again,

I've had the BB Student My10 Long Distance plan for a few months now, on my BB Curve 8900. Like a lot of people around here, I was worried about the UMA on my phone but told by rogers not to worry, it meant nothing for me other than Wifi for web browsing.

Anyways... this month my bill comes in, and instead of being 50$ it's 200$. I've been charged for the talk time from Victoria to Vancouver under UMO "Outgoing Home Zone" for calls made to people in my My10 Long Distance

I'm hoping this is a mistake but will call them in the morning. What could they try and tell me? I have no idea why they've suddenly decided to charge me for numbers on My10. Looking to last month's bill everything was fine? All very strange. Anyone had a similar problem?
    12-04-09 09:27 PM
    really, this is a minor problem and I'm sure they'll have no problem in crediting it back.

And you shouldn't be worried about UMA calling. I've been doing it for about the last 4 months I think and it's been great. Saved me a ton on long distance and has allowed me to use my phone more than I started off with.
    Exactly, just a minor error. I've seen it happen too. Just call customer service and it gets fixed real fast.
    12-07-09 11:15 AM
    Same Thing Happen To Me!!! My 5 - Long Distance listed as UMO- On Two Bills...I called retentions and told them next time if they mess up I'm switching to Bell or Telus Hopefully I will get a deal or something, it's annoying to call every month for their mistake.
    12-11-09 12:15 AM
    Classic ROBBERS.
    12-11-09 12:27 PM
    lol this happened to me on fido
    12-13-09 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD