First off, I hate the threaded texts, but I realize that can't be fixed so I'll have to learn to live with it. Has anyone found a fix for the text messages that don't open when clicked on? I know you can go to compose a new message to that person and look at it through the history that way, but is there an easier way? Also, some messages have a black screen with only the persons name, # and a box to reply. The only way to view the actual text is by hiding the keyboard. Is there a fix for this?
    12-03-09 08:41 PM
    Not sure what you are talking about. To me it seems like you are very unhappy with your Storm and now you are trolling around starting one threat after the next complaining about this and that. What's next? The green on the talk button to green?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 10:05 PM
    Has anyone found a fix for the text messages that don't open when clicked on? I know you can go to compose a new message to that person and look at it through the history that way, but is there an easier way?
    Although I like the threaded format, I know what you are talking about. You click on a name containing a thread, and nothing happens. You go through the compose menu and you can get to it. For me, once it does that, I clear the chat in the thread and the problem goes away.
    12-03-09 10:14 PM
    I have the same problem with SMS msgs not opening. I do the same thing Mkerm8 mentioned to resolve it. Clearing the chat history seems to fix it for me, until it fills up again. Just a nuisance we have to live with for now.
    12-04-09 06:41 AM
    there are some messages that are corrupt and such, e-mails with attachments/links, etc. I think pretty much all messages are indexed and used differently now.

as I migrated along from 4.x stuff to 5.x stuff, a full wipe of everything and a fresh load (without restoring any of my data) was really helpful.
    12-04-09 11:38 AM
    Not sure what you are talking about. To me it seems like you are very unhappy with your Storm and now you are trolling around starting one threat after the next complaining about this and that. What's next? The green on the talk button to green?

The OP has legitimate questions and not threatening anyone. Calm down. Sheeesh.

I have the same issue about SMS's not opening. I always just resort to doing a battery pull.
    12-04-09 12:19 PM
    Yup. I do the same thing.
    It happens to me very often.

I have the same problem with SMS msgs not opening. I do the same thing Mkerm8 mentioned to resolve it. Clearing the chat history seems to fix it for me, until it fills up again. Just a nuisance we have to live with for now.
    12-04-09 06:22 PM
    I have the same issue, but I can't simply do the compose thing.
    When I do, it will take me to the thread, but where the message would be, is just 1 or 2 blue blank boxes.

Only seems to happen with 1 contact.
    12-05-09 12:07 AM
    First off, I hate the threaded texts, but I realize that can't be fixed so I'll have to learn to live with it. Has anyone found a fix for the text messages that don't open when clicked on? I know you can go to compose a new message to that person and look at it through the history that way, but is there an easier way? Also, some messages have a black screen with only the persons name, # and a box to reply. The only way to view the actual text is by hiding the keyboard. Is there a fix for this?
    I've been having the same problem on and off. I hope someone comes up with a fix.

PS - I hate threaded texts too.

Please stay out of the conversation if you've got nothing to offer.
    12-05-09 11:10 AM
    well, I do have something to offer, my opinion if you don't mind and in my opinion the op is a troll and/or really unhappy with his device. If he or you don't like treated SMS you have two choices, downgrade to a previous OS that didn't have it or get used to it. No reason to run around trashing the phone. Don't like it, get a different phone.

12-05-09 12:01 PM
    well, I do have something to offer, my opinion if you don't mind and in my opinion the op is a troll and/or really unhappy with his device. If he or you don't like treated SMS you have two choices, downgrade to a previous OS that didn't have it or get used to it. No reason to run around trashing the phone. Don't like it, get a different phone.
    The OP isn't trashing the phone. He simply stated that he doesn't like the threaded texts - and actually followed that up with the fact he would learn to live with them. You seem a little trigger-happy with the troll label. Relax.
    12-05-09 02:46 PM
    Actually, I think it may be camoko that is the troll. I've seen several threads now asking questions and he responds to them like he did here - calls them a troll and says they need to stop complaining about the phone. Here's an example:

hXXp://forums.crackberry.com/f132/will-rim-fix-bugs-latest-storm-os-378604/#post4231686

(replace the XX with tt - I don't have enough posts yet to use links)
    12-05-09 02:56 PM
    Actually, I think it may be camoko that is the troll. I've seen several threads now asking questions and he responds to them like he did here - calls them a troll and says they need to stop complaining about the phone. Here's an example:

hXXp://forums.crackberry.com/f132/will-rim-fix-bugs-latest-storm-os-378604/#post4231686

(replace the XX with tt - I don't have enough posts yet to use links)
    the thread you are referring to is from the same op. I am trolling? show me one post where I complain or trash the storm. The op on the other hand has no clue what he's talking about, as he states in the other post: "...if they don't fix the bugs in the Storm OS this will be my first and last Blackberry"he's referring to .328. someone should put .75 on his phone to show him what a buggy OS looks like. He should rather read and learn instead of complaining and starting 3-4 threads about the same thing.
    Whatever...
    12-05-09 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD