hey guys,

im migrating over from the storm1 forums as i just ordered a 9630 today (hopefully be here tomorrow but monday at the latest). I remember seeing a thread or two on recent tours that have better build quality or other issues that have been ironed out based on build date. Anything i should be wary of at this point or have most of the hardware/software issues been ironed out?

obviously it would be nice to have the same OS 5.0 that i have on the storm right now (and i know there's a 5.0 hybrid out there), but aside from that i'm looking forward to coming back to a physical keyboard.

all input here from people that have just recently purchased new or recently got a replacement tour with tips are welcome.

thanks in advance.
    12-03-09 05:49 PM
    I have had a tour for about a month or so now from alltel, and I really love it, about a week ago I took the plunge and upgraded the os to the 5.0 with hybrid and that is when I really fell in love, still waiting on the official release to see if it will make things even better than they already are. My tour had a loose battery door but no probs so far with the trackball, so I used the fix I saw on here making a small stack of scotch tape about 12 pieces thick and putting it on the battery now door is snug as can be.

Good luck with your new tour.
    12-03-09 05:57 PM
    I just bought mine about 2 weeks ago and I absolutely love it! I switched over from the Samsung Instinct s30 on Sprint and I am very satisfied with it. I'm a BB user for life!
    12-03-09 06:26 PM
    Just had my Tour a week. Its my first BB. Running .61. Added QuickLaunch and RedZappers 3G theme and very happy so far. Carry mine everywhere, so got the Otterbox Defender - glad I did; dropped it TWICE during airport transit on Monday! I don't feel competent enough yet to attempt OS 5.xxx install but may attempt soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 07:00 PM
    I've had my Tour since Saturday and I love it. Had an 8830 first, then when Storm1 came out last year I jumped on the Storm bandwagon. After using Storm1 for a year, I decided I wanted to go back to a physical keyboard. I switched back to my 8830 for a few weeks. The 8830 is a great unit, but weak on memory and poor resolution. After comparing different models, I decided the Tour was the unit for me. This is without a doubt, the best Berry I have had.
    12-03-09 07:51 PM
    like the feedback so far guys, thanks. gotta remember to change my model on here when i get it.
    12-03-09 08:05 PM
    i just switchd from a htc touch pro to a blackberry tour and its the best phone i have ever had
    12-03-09 08:23 PM
    First smart phone and am absolutely amazed with the TOUR. Listing to Pandora reading web pages and what this a phone call is coming in, answer the phone hang up web page reappears and music cuts back in .....Priceless.

I will say am trying to use it as a EVERYTHING device and that might require the extended battery.
    12-03-09 08:28 PM
    hey guys,

im migrating over from the storm1 forums as i just ordered a 9630 today (hopefully be here tomorrow but monday at the latest). I remember seeing a thread or two on recent tours that have better build quality or other issues that have been ironed out based on build date. Anything i should be wary of at this point or have most of the hardware/software issues been ironed out?

obviously it would be nice to have the same OS 5.0 that i have on the storm right now (and i know there's a 5.0 hybrid out there), but aside from that i'm looking forward to coming back to a physical keyboard.

all input here from people that have just recently purchased new or recently got a replacement tour with tips are welcome.

thanks in advance.
    I got my Tour last Friday. Before this I had a Curve, and before that I had a Pearl. I really wanted the Storm2 but after playing with it decided an all touchscreen phone is not for me. Anyway, I do love the Tour. I've had no problems with it whatsoever and feel it was definitely a step up from the Curve (and I loved my Curve to death).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 09:02 PM
    I bought my Tour a month ago and I am so glad I went back to a Blackberry. I had the iPhone before this, and the Bold prior to that. I love the Tour and I'm installing 5.0 as I type this!
    12-03-09 09:06 PM
    I love the Tour, but my only complaints are the weak radio signal and battery life..

Anybody going through the same things?
    12-03-09 09:53 PM
    I just got the Tour, had it replaced after the Palm Pre....which I did not like a whole lot. If your Tour battery life is bad, check out the Pre's! haha

I love it though, I had a Curve 8330 before and switched to the Pre, missed BB, got the Tour and waiting for the Essex
    12-03-09 09:56 PM
    weak radio signal is prolly the only flaw i have. i have had mine for a month and it is my everything device. i use slacker 24/7 when i drive. i use office to go 2.0 at college for documents. Guitar hero world tour as gaming

my fav thing is watching video. sprint tv is ok and i can drag and drop family guy episodes and full 720p movies and it downscales perfectly to the screen. EVDO rev A +++++++++++

You will be the happiest BB user with the tour
    12-03-09 10:02 PM
    the only thing i was thinking i would miss is the screen size on the storm for the web and google maps and stuff. i'm pretty sure ill get over that pretty quickly though. any other storm to tour converts out there?
    12-03-09 10:09 PM
    I have had mine a little over a week and it so far has amazed me. I had a 8330 Curve and that was a good phone. Not great but good. I love the Tour, it's battery life is just AWESOME!!! I have had it on now for about 12 hours and it is only at 55%! Pretty dang great in my opinion.
    12-03-09 10:16 PM
    Got my Tour less than a week ago, upgraded from the 8830. No build issues - trackball works fine, no problems with the battery door, screen is fine (mine is a Verizon model with a "green dot" box). I upgraded OTA to .61 immediately upon receiving it and have had no software issues at all (no hangs, white screens, reboots, etc.). Battery life so far seems about the same as what I got from the 8830 - I can usually go about 2 days without charging under normal circumstances (I'm not normally a real heavy user), but have been getting less than that because I've been using and tinkering with it so much. It's a huge step up from the 8830, no regrets here.
    12-03-09 10:16 PM
    I am making the jump tomorrow.
    12-03-09 11:36 PM
    I'm actually very impressed with the battery life compared to my Curve 8330. I also have the "green dot box" from Verizon.
    12-04-09 04:56 PM
    I just got mine last week from a 8330 (Which was awesome.) I am disappointed because i have every known issue with mine, (Track Ball, Screen Ripple, Battery Door, creeking ear piece.) I want to love it but all these problems are making me regret upgrading. Luckily i stepped into the Sprint store today and they are getting me a replacement. If the replacement fixes all the issues i will love the tour. The keyboard is the best i have ever used!
    12-04-09 06:16 PM
    scotch tape on the battery door cover? call the carrier. I had trackball issues and my replacement Tour is perfect. Not only is the trackball issue fixed but the loose battery cover issue is fixed as well. No way would I put scotch tape on a 500.00 device that is riduculous
    12-08-09 03:09 PM
    I purchased my Tour from Radio a week ago today. I had to exchange it the next day due to the speakerphone being busted. This replacement has been pretty much on point. I came over from AT&T and the 9700. I sold my 9700 for $400 and was tired of AT&T high plans as well as the awful service I was getting. I just updated my Tour to the beta OS5 about an hour ago and I'm really liking it now. I the love the size and look of the Tour.
    12-08-09 03:17 PM
    Tour is the best BB I have ever had (previous were Bold 9000, Curve 8330, Storm1) I am running the leaked hybrid OS and am loving everything about it. The tour is the way to go for sure.
    12-08-09 03:52 PM
    i just switched from the storm to the tour yesterday and I LOVE the tour, I actually don't miss the touchscreen at all which is surprising because i absolutely LOVED it. i think having the full keyboard is amazing! only thing that I miss about my storm is the battery life i used to get. it was awesome tours is a little worse
    12-08-09 08:30 PM
    looks like im finally getting it tomorrow after some issues with our rep taking forever to place the order. thanks for the feedback. at this point the first thing im going to do is check out the trackball since thats the most widely reported issue with this phone. ive never installed a leaked OS before but i might give that a shot too. you need desktop manager to install a leaked OS right? ill check the forum and see if im not dumb enough to be able to follow the instructions.
    12-08-09 09:31 PM
    [QUOTE=huskguy4;4229587]i just switchd from a htc touch pro to a blackberry tour and its the best phone i have ever had[/QUOT

I made the same switch. Hated the Touch Pro with a passion. Was a full year of suffering....I'm in love with my tour...which is illigal in most states...except West VA I think.
    12-22-09 06:32 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD