I've not played with a Palm Pre, but seeing the OS in action, it looks slick.. Has anyone moved from the Pre to an Android device? or vice versa? what are the differences?
    12-03-09 04:54 PM
    I don't have a Droid, but I do have an Android phone and a Pre.

Android Pro's :

Customization of the home screen
    Apps
    Build quality
    Battery Life
    Custom ROM's
    Sense UI

Pre Pro's :

WebOS Multi tasking is far superior to Android Multi tasking
    Physical keyboard is much better than I anticipated
    600Mhz omap with GPU
    Gorgeous screen, just stunning.
    Better Browser, Iphone's equal.
    Synergy is freaking amazing.

Love both phones, but the Pre definitely has better hardware, although, I think the Hero has better build quality overall. I've noticed the Pre is lightening fast on wifi, and ev-do in general. Its a very underrated phone for a Gen 1 build, and WebOS is probably the best mobile OS on the market.

Hopefully, when Verizon gets this phone, it really takes off, and the new iterations of it will have the hardware (build quality) to match the software.

Anyone who thinks the Pre is isn't on par with the Iphone, or the Droid, is sorely mistaken. Its every bit as fast, and the OS is superior to both. The only thing lacking is build quality, (remember its a Gen 1 device) and apps, although the Homebrew community is fantastic.
    12-04-09 01:11 AM
    I somewhat agree. If the Pre had a better build quality with a bigger screen and keyboard, it would really be a problem. I'm very curious to see how 2.0 will pan out.
    12-04-09 05:53 AM
    I don't have a Droid, but I do have an Android phone and a Pre.

Android Pro's :

Customization of the home screen
    Apps
    Build quality
    Battery Life
    Custom ROM's
    Sense UI

Pre Pro's :

WebOS Multi tasking is far superior to Android Multi tasking
    Physical keyboard is much better than I anticipated
    600Mhz omap with GPU
    Gorgeous screen, just stunning.
    Better Browser, Iphone's equal.
    Synergy is freaking amazing.

Love both phones, but the Pre definitely has better hardware, although, I think the Hero has better build quality overall. I've noticed the Pre is lightening fast on wifi, and ev-do in general. Its a very underrated phone for a Gen 1 build, and WebOS is probably the best mobile OS on the market.

Hopefully, when Verizon gets this phone, it really takes off, and the new iterations of it will have the hardware (build quality) to match the software.

Anyone who thinks the Pre is isn't on par with the Iphone, or the Droid, is sorely mistaken. Its every bit as fast, and the OS is superior to both. The only thing lacking is build quality, (remember its a Gen 1 device) and apps, although the Homebrew community is fantastic.
    Droid uses the exact same processor as the pre plus the same gpu that is in the 3gs. And has the highest screen resolution of any phone in the US market of 480x854 and 16 million colors. Browsing on the Droid with 2.0 with a webkit 5 browser is also directly comparable to the iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 03:43 PM
    Browsing on the Droid with 2.0 with a webkit 5 browser is also directly comparable to the iPhone.
    Yes, the browsing is good on the Droid- But it lacks multitouch.

The Pre on the otherhand, doesn't lack multitouch.
    12-08-09 04:33 PM

Get the "Dolphin Browser"

It's multi-touch.
    12-08-09 05:10 PM
    I liked the Droid, in fact if I was to get an Android phone now it would be the Droid. HOWEVER because Verizon is doing their BOGO sale now on the Droid and Droid Eris that means that they are trying to get rid of some inventory for a NEW ANDROID phone. If you haven't guessed it's the HTC Bravo/Passsion/Dragon.
    Last edited by jliu07; 12-09-09 at 02:18 PM.
    12-09-09 12:34 AM
    Droid uses the exact same processor as the pre plus the same gpu that is in the 3gs. And has the highest screen resolution of any phone in the US market of 480x854 and 16 million colors. Browsing on the Droid with 2.0 with a webkit 5 browser is also directly comparable to the iPhone.

My pre beats the droid in browsing easily. The only phone I have used that has a browser on par with the iphone is the pre.
    12-15-09 06:06 PM

Multi touch is coming in Janurary and the Dolphin browser already has it.
    12-16-09 12:26 PM
    Someone just said the same exact thing 2 ppl above.

BlackBerry's have GREAT browsers!..... If you install Bolt.

Yet people still complain about the BlackBerry's browser.

Until Multitouch is native- I'm not as content as I could be.
    12-16-09 01:15 PM
    Does the Droid Eris support multitouch?

12-16-09 08:33 PM
    Yes it does-
    12-17-09 11:46 AM
    I played with a pre in the store... I didn't really like it. which is why I went with the Hero lol
    12-21-09 10:58 PM
    I played with a pre in the store... I didn't really like it. which is why I went with the Hero lol
    Yup I went from a Pre to Hero. Hero just feels better to hold in the hand, I must admit it lags from time to time, but if you get the task killer and kill all the non essential apps the phone is amazingly fast. I can't wait for eclair!
    12-22-09 02:28 PM
    The stock android browser's pretty good, but the Pre browser beats the android one pretty easily. Pre's browser, as someone has already said, is the only browser I've seen that can compete with iPhone's.
    12-22-09 02:34 PM
    The stock android browser's pretty good, but the Pre browser beats the android one pretty easily. Pre's browser, as someone has already said, is the only browser I've seen that can compete with iPhone's.
    Yup it's one of the things I miss about my Pre, the browser was amazingly fast and smooth. I wonder though if it was the faster processor because maybe snapdragon can make it just as smooth.

But about the iPhone thing, it's no surprise since Palm did take on a bunch of engineers that helped design the iPhone when they made the Pre.
    12-22-09 11:57 PM
    The Pre processor is only like 600mhz and even then is clocked down to 500mhz, so I'm pretty sure it's just the browser itself.
    12-23-09 12:26 PM
    Yup I went from a Pre to Hero. Hero just feels better to hold in the hand, I must admit it lags from time to time, but if you get the task killer and kill all the non essential apps the phone is amazingly fast. I can't wait for eclair!
    I had the Hero, then I went to the Pre. I used the app killer, but it did nothing to improve the battery life or the lag of the phone. The Pre's battery is just as bad, but it doesn't lag for me.
    03-02-10 03:51 PM
    I thought that the Hero's browser was just as good as the Pre's maybe even better because of the flash lite player. I enjoyed the fact that the Hero reorganized text in a web page to one column. I miss that feature. I also liked that you can save pictures from web pages too. You can't do that on the Pre.
    03-02-10 03:54 PM
    The lack of column organization is a killer on the pre browser... Makes text entry and a lot of sites like forums a real pain to use...
    03-02-10 03:59 PM
    The lack of column organization is a killer on the pre browser... Makes text entry and a lot of sites like forums a real pain to use...
    Also, the lack of cut, copy, and paste on web pages too.
    03-02-10 04:01 PM
    Also the lack of any navigation keys to increment through text for editing (hint hint, add a software keyboard for this purpose!!!)... Text editing is a nightmare.
    03-02-10 04:07 PM
    Also the lack of any navigation keys to increment through text for editing (hint hint, add a software keyboard for this purpose!!!)... Text editing is a nightmare.
    I figured there was a way to do this, but I just hadn't figured it out yet. Maybe Palm will implement something for this purpose.
    03-02-10 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD