Okay, so i posted this question last month and did not get the help I was looking for. So here goes again:

Here is the problem. The green phone button on my storm is automatically opeing in the speed dial mode. I have re-set my phone several times to try and correct the problem but it has not worked. Sometime last month I dropped my phone and since then if I push the green button to make a phone call the dial pad automatically sets in the Speed Dial mode versus the regular dial pad that emables you to dial out and make phone call. I can make a phone call while using the green button, but I have to switch applications to the phone mode in order for it to work.
    I hope this made sense to someone and I didn;t confuse anyone. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. It is bugging the H*LL out of me that I can not dial out using the greeen phone button. Ugh!!!!
    12-03-09 10:56 AM
    Dont know exactly what you mean it opens in speed dial mode...have you looked in phone, options, general options, initial view? you may want to check there, but there isnt a speed dial option there anyway.... The only other thing I could think of is that you may want to chedk your key rate under options - screen/keyboard.
    12-03-09 11:54 AM
    What do you mean by speed dial? Can you grab a screenshot or something for us?
    12-03-09 12:19 PM
    What do you mean by speed dial? Can you grab a screenshot or something for us?
    I have attached shots of my screen. I do have two small videos that I can't upload but can send to your e-mail account if that will help.
    Thanks for trying to help me out.

Notice the difference in the pics is that in one shot the are letters in the background of the number keys and in the other shot there are just number keys with no letters in the background. What does that mean?
    12-16-09 10:50 AM
    Damn, Focus Danniel San! That issue might be a theme problem. You're not running the default theme (I can tell from the signal meter, button colors, and the cut off dialer buttons on the bottom.) Do you still have this issue using the default theme?
    12-16-09 12:24 PM
    Damn, Focus Danniel San! That issue might be a theme problem. You're not running the default theme (I can tell from the signal meter, button colors, and the cut off dialer buttons on the bottom.) Do you still have this issue using the default theme?
    Changing it back to the default theme did not work either.
    12-16-09 02:11 PM
    did you pull the battery after changing back to the default theme?
    12-16-09 03:24 PM
    From the phone, BB button -> Options -> General Options -> Initial View = what you want it to be.
    12-16-09 04:17 PM
    So what is the problem your are having? I have no idea how to get to this speed dial mode... Does it not dial out like it is suppose to?
    12-16-09 04:27 PM
    I think you push the button too long ???
    12-16-09 07:53 PM
    So what is the problem your are having? I have no idea how to get to this speed dial mode... Does it not dial out like it is suppose to?
    Okay, so.....from my home screen I push the green phone button, the dial pad comes up (with no letters in the background on the number buttons) and instead of being able to just push the numbers to dial out the only number button that is usable is the "0" button. But when I hit the BB button and click on switch application and push the phone icon I can then dial out as normal and then the letters appear in the background of the number buttons as they're supposed to.
    12-17-09 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD