If the battery on smartphones wasnt bad enough, k-9 email app will completely kill your battery in a matter of hours. I was normally able to use my phone all day no charge. It isnt even the middle of the day and my phone is at 50% with little to no use. I decided to check what was using the battery, and it was K-9 using 50% of the battery

Im not sure what a better alternative is but this isnt it. I liked the app but it isnt worth me having to carry my usb cord with me at all times to make sure my battery will be good all day.

JFYI
    12-03-09 09:51 AM
    Hmmm... Don't know about that for everyone. I have been using K-9 Mail for a week or so, and today I have been off the dock (use it overnight) for 7 hours and 31 minutes.

K-9 Mail has been responsible for only 4% of the battery depletion. (battery is currently at 80%. Display is, as usual, responsible for the majority of the usage (40%).

Maybe you have K-9 checking mail too frequently?? Mine is set at every 30 minutes. Used to be every 10 minutes, but I didn't need it that fast.
    Last edited by dtrust; 12-03-09 at 11:41 AM. Reason: misspellings
    12-03-09 11:40 AM
    Business owner here. i need my email at all times, Every minute. It is crucial for me. I like the droid but if I can use the email I may have to sell it. Thanks for chiming in.
    12-03-09 12:41 PM
    Business owner here. i need my email at all times, Every minute. It is crucial for me. I like the droid but if I can use the email I may have to sell it. Thanks for chiming in.
    If email is that critical you may consider getting an exchange server and having it all pushed to the device. There are also hosted exchange options that are very affordable. Then you can have true push email.
    12-03-09 12:42 PM
    I use K-9 and it's set to 30 min checks... haven't really noticed battery problems for me.
    12-03-09 12:45 PM
    You can set most emails up in k9 as imap and have them pushed like a bb
    12-03-09 12:53 PM
    I wouldnt suggest a droid to a business owner. My boss tried it for 2 days and went back to his Tour. 1 Thing I can say is email handling was 10x better on my storm then on my droid.
    12-03-09 12:57 PM
    Email other than Gmail (non-exchange) is not one of the Droid's strong points, for now. Given time to get polished it's going to blow the BB out of the water.
    12-03-09 01:48 PM
    I wouldnt suggest a droid to a business owner. My boss tried it for 2 days and went back to his Tour. 1 Thing I can say is email handling was 10x better on my storm then on my droid.

Yea I know but who in the heck wants to go backwards to a blackberry. For now I am going to stick it out in hopes that android gets the emailing fixed.
    12-03-09 01:49 PM
    Yea I know but who in the heck wants to go backwards to a blackberry. For now I am going to stick it out in hopes that android gets the emailing fixed.
    Apparently lots of people go back to the blackberry. For some it's just their phone of choice and quite honestly I don't think it's going backward. Storm 2 is a great phone IMHO. But would I go back to it? Not me personally. But that's just me.
    12-03-09 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD