Why doesn't the home screen icon update? The notification one does at the top under the date. Obviously it's 8:00am on my phone but the icon still shows the moon and temp from an hour or so. Yes, I updated and the icon stays the same.

Anyone else haveing this issue? I heard it's an OS issue, but the updates for this stated "Full support for OS 5.0 screen transitions"
    12-03-09 09:41 AM
    Sigh...

This is going to happen until a new OS comes out. This is NOTHING the app makers have control over.

The .320 OS is flawed that it will not update icons.
    12-03-09 09:43 AM
    while the icon will not update. make sure you get the correct version. the appstore is dishing out the wrong one. uninstall and reinstall with this version. m.bellshare.com/berryweather this version is truly the 5.0 supported version and will give you the option to have the weather as your wallpaper. and that does update fine.

Last edited by tom108; 12-03-09 at 10:57 AM.
    12-03-09 10:47 AM
    OS bug plain and simple
    12-03-09 10:50 AM
    Sigh...

This is going to happen until a new OS comes out. This is NOTHING the app makers have control over.

The .320 OS is flawed that it will not update icons.
    Then the way it is described is very misleading- when one reads "Full support for OS 5.0 screen transitions" it implies that the icon will in fact change-
    12-03-09 11:02 AM
    while the icon will not update. make sure you get the correct version. the appstore is dishing out the wrong one. uninstall and reinstall with this version. m.bellshare.com/berryweather this version is truly the 5.0 supported version and will give you the option to have the weather as your wallpaper. and that does update fine.

But I don't WANT the WALLPAPER. I want the icon on my home screen to update correctly. I paid for the upgrade because it said it was fully compatible with OS 5.0.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 11:02 AM
    it is fully compatible with 5.0 it runs on 5.0 so it is compatible. bellshare cannot control OS bugs and anyone that knows anything about the storm 2 knows this is an OS bug. you want the icon to update update your OS to a hybrid or wait for another OS
    12-03-09 11:05 AM
    But I don't WANT the WALLPAPER. I want the icon on my home screen to update correctly. I paid for the upgrade because it said it was fully compatible with OS 5.0.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    For the 9550, the .320 OS DOES NOT update the icons.

It is not misleading. the .320 OS is the ONLY one (aside from .323 for the 9530) that does not update the icons.

What they are advertising is true.

It is the OS that is at fault.

My Ubertwitter will forever have a red asterisk over the icon because the icon just does not update...it will NOT happen with os .320
    12-03-09 11:07 AM

It is not misleading. the .320 OS is the ONLY one (aside from .323 for the 9530) that does not update the icons.

My Ubertwitter will forever have a red asterisk over the icon because the icon just does not update...it will NOT happen with os .320
    How come the Messages Icon, SMS Icon, and Messenger icons update?
    12-03-09 11:13 AM
    nothing about thos icons update in any way. the only thing that changes is there is a freakin circle on the icon to identify a new message.

did you ask the dev of meterberry why his icon doesnt update either? you already read that this is an OS bug, we confirmed this is and OS bug. why do you insist on complaining about something that the developer cant do anything about
    12-03-09 11:18 AM
    Because they are not third party apps..............
    12-03-09 11:20 AM

When someone advertises that it is "Full support for OS 5.0 screen transitions" then it is in fact misleading- Some of us have the official OS that Verizon is supporting- now if it didn't work with a Beta OS then that's our tough luck- it should however work with the one that comes with the phone.
    12-03-09 11:26 AM
    when someone advertises that it is "full support for os 5.0 screen transitions" then it is in fact misleading- some of us have the official os that verizon is supporting- now if it didn't work with a beta os then that's our tough luck- it should however work with the one that comes with the phone.
    it is a bug in the os!! It supports devices running 5.0 but bellshare cant help os bugs. There is nothing misleading about it!
    12-03-09 11:32 AM
    then dont say that it supports 5.0 screen transitions
    12-03-09 11:35 AM
    nothing about thos icons update in any way. the only thing that changes is there is a freakin circle on the icon to identify a new message.

did you ask the dev of meterberry why his icon doesnt update either? you already read that this is an OS bug, we confirmed this is and OS bug. why do you insist on complaining about something that the developer cant do anything about
    It's a question a**hole. I don't know how this stuff works. When I get a new message the icon looks like it updates. Why do you suck so bad? Lose the attitude, or don't reply.
    12-03-09 11:37 AM
    It's a question a**hole. I don't know how this stuff works. When I get a new message the icon looks like it updates. Why do you suck so bad? Lose the attitude, or don't reply.
    OK, I wasn't going to step in but I feel I need to. He has been answering a question that everyone should know the answer to. He told you why the icon wouldn't update and then you told him about icons that do update, these icons are part of the OS, berryweather is not, meterberry is not......RIM could care less about third party apps, so they don't care if they update or not. I hope your question has been answered. And please, no name calling. We're all adults here.
    12-03-09 11:45 AM
    OK, I wasn't going to step in but I feel I need to. He has been answering a question that everyone should know the answer to. He told you why the icon wouldn't update and then you told him about icons that do update, these icons are part of the OS, berryweather is not, meterberry is not......RIM could care less about third party apps, so they don't care if they update or not. I hope your question has been answered. And please, no name calling. We're all adults here.
    I understand that the question has been asked and answered a million times- I also understand that it is an OS issue and not an application issue- However when an updated program come out an says specifically that "Full support for OS 5.0 screen transitions" then that leads people to believe that the third party software found away around the glitch to get it to work and update properly. The same way theme developers have adjusted their themes to work on the 5.0 OS.
    12-03-09 11:50 AM
    Thank you for explaining the difference for me. That's all that needed to be stated.

Not trying to be a **** but what exactly does "Full support for OS 5.0 screen transitions" mean then?
    12-03-09 11:55 AM
    I understand that the question has been asked and answered a million times- I also understand that it is an OS issue and not an application issue- However when an updated program come out an says specifically that "Full support for OS 5.0 screen transitions" then that leads people to believe that the third party software found away around the glitch to get it to work and update properly. The same way theme developers have adjusted their themes to work on the 5.0 OS.
    It does support the so called, "5.0 Screen Transitions", and the reason why it says "Screen Transitions" is because when you set it as your wallpaper it will update, this has nothing to do with the onscreen icon. I really hope you have a better understanding of the statement now, we're just trying to help.
    12-03-09 11:55 AM
    Did you really just ask that??? Are you a third grader?

As said before, its not the program, or it would have the same issue on ALL of the devices running OS 5.0. I KNOW thats not the case because I'm having no issues.

As for the screen transitions - I thought that was just referring to the fading in/fading out type annimations that are being incorporated into new themes - Called Transitions on theme builder.
    Last edited by cannonballgsu; 12-03-09 at 12:00 PM.
    12-03-09 11:58 AM
    whats the big deal. everything about it works. just wait until the new OS comes out and your icon will work. as it is now the text info on it will update just not the image. remember the S2 is not the only device with a 5.0 OS there are many devices that are running it now and the app works as it should. the developers code is correct it is just a bug in the early OS for the S2 that is holding it. i can understand if you bought a brand new car and it did not run. but we are talking about a $10 app here and only $4 if you just upgraded. i mean really.
    12-03-09 11:59 AM
    It does support the so called, "5.0 Screen Transitions", and the reason why it says "Screen Transitions" is because when you set it as your wallpaper it will update, this has nothing to do with the onscreen icon. I really hope you have a better understanding of the statement now, we're just trying to help.
    Thanks for your help.
    12-03-09 12:03 PM
    Thanks for your help.
    Not a problem my friend.
    12-03-09 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD