Looks like a interesting app. Has anyone used it? If so what are your thoughts? Is it worth $40 or should I continue to use PocketMac (which is free) but cannot backup my device, nor sync SMS logs.

John
    12-02-09 09:03 PM
    Why not try the free BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac?

BlackBerry - Desktop Software for Mac

-- Robert.
    12-03-09 06:33 PM

-- Robert.
    works fine if you do not have custom fields in your contacts.. i do and it deletes much needed info between mac and BB. I tried a windows desktop and does the same.
    Main reason I went to BB was contacts and organization... I may use my 30 days out unless I can fix it.

Any thoughts anyone... I do not think with BB as big into business aws they are.... why can't they do it right?
    12-03-09 08:29 PM
    So basically Missing Sync CANNOT do a backup image (like Windows Desktop) or do much that PocketMac can't do? I am limited as I have a older Mac.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 01:52 AM
    I can't. I have a older Mac. But I can use Pocket Mac or Missing Sync.

BlackBerry - Desktop Software for Mac

-- Robert.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 01:54 AM
    Back up is the only reason I'd use BlackBerry DM for Mac but do that on a PC. I'm also sticking with Pocket Mac until RIM sync natively to Entourage, which is on their todo list.

-- Robert.
    12-04-09 03:07 PM
    I used it before blackberry made a new mac app. It worked but honestly I got a lot of errors with it. Best thing to do is sync your address book with google, and get google sync for your phone. If you need to load music and all that stuff, you can just drag it over.

I forgot also, the calendar can sync too, wirelessly.
    12-05-09 09:57 PM
    I used it before blackberry made a new mac app. It worked but honestly I got a lot of errors with it. Best thing to do is sync your address book with google, and get google sync for your phone. If you need to load music and all that stuff, you can just drag it over.

I forgot also, the calendar can sync too, wirelessly.
    I use my iPod for music and dont plan on using a phone for something the iPod does so much better. I have been using PocketMac which has yet to give me a error.

John
    12-06-09 04:22 AM
    I had big issues with PocketMac so went to Missing Sync. Its a sweet system and can do the lot. Unfortunately (for unknown reasons) started having issues with that too and it began deleting contacts and sync calender dates wrong etc. So moved to RIMs Mac sync. Its perfect, only shame is that you cant import photos from your BB automatically
    12-12-09 12:33 PM
    I had big issues with PocketMac so went to Missing Sync. Its a sweet system and can do the lot. Unfortunately (for unknown reasons) started having issues with that too and it began deleting contacts and sync calender dates wrong etc. So moved to RIMs Mac sync. Its perfect, only shame is that you cant import photos from your BB automatically
    Missing Sync nor PocketMac can backup the device as they only sync. Unfortunately I am stuck as I am on Tiger with a PPC Mac. I'd upgrade to Leopard but I have some essential classic apps. One of these days I am going to get a Intel Mac and be able to boot into Windows or run Windows within Mac OSX, but Macs as you know cost 4 times more than PC's! Yeah they are 4 times more reliable. No spyware, viruses, trojans, hackers and the whole lot to worry about! Heck if most business corporations used Macs, many IT techs would be out of a job!

John
    12-12-09 02:35 PM
    very frustrated w/ both ms 2.0.2 and dtm for mac!
    decided to go back to ms, deleted dtm and have had nothing but inconsistent sync problems. have been able to usb connect a few times but not once w/ bluetooth.
    wish someone, somehow could help us out.
    12-15-09 05:52 PM
    Did you ever create a support ticket with Mark/Space here:
    support.markspace.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit

If yes, let me know...

Otherwise, maybe pasting the "non-verbose" log here may help...
    12-16-09 02:08 PM
    vid99:
    christopher @ ms tech support has been trying various solutions. my ticket # is: #666162. he has been very responsive. just have not figure out what is up.
    thanks!
    12-17-09 11:35 AM
    latest log. now i cannot connect via usb either. probably a sync services issue?
    have done a combined os update for 10.5.8. maybe finally time to install snow leopard.
    12-17-09 11:43 AM
    I have tried everything I can think of to back up / sync my BB with my Mac...and they just will not get along. I run Snow Leopard, and the BlackBerry DM does not run properly...actually will not perform back ups and syncs fail. I tried PocketMac and the syncs fail there too. Plus PocketMac doesn't back up. I paid out the bucks for Missing Sync and, yes..it is a wonderful product for what it does, but it does not back up. I am afraid I have had to relent and download the DM on the BF's PC to back up my Berry, at least until they can tweak up the Mac's DM to level that the PC version performs. I refuse to put Windows on my Mac for just one program (glad the BF stuck with his PC!).

The other thing about the DM on Windows is the Switch Device Wizard, which the Mac version doesn't have. I'll be using that one around Christmas time

Long story short, still lovin' my !!! (The stuff I subject myself to for it, lol!!)
    12-17-09 08:39 PM
    I will buy Missing Sync when they add a backup feature. Its somethign they should have for a $40 product. In the meantime I use PocketMac which runs flawlessly under Tiger.

But it never ceases to amaze me how much better the old Palm Desktop for Mac was. It has much better database support, more features, it backs up your device everytime you sync, syncs audio notes, written notes,etc..

Its a real shame that PocketMac, Missing Sync, Rim and the whole bunch cant get together and make a "quality" product for the Mac.
    12-19-09 10:27 AM
    Its a real shame that PocketMac, Missing Sync, Rim and the whole bunch cant get together and make a "quality" product for the Mac.
    add apple to that mix and we may get a real solution.
    12-21-09 04:44 PM
    I wouldn't recommend missing sync to my worst enemy. I have had nothing but problems with it deleting contacts, creating duplicate calendar entries, and slowing my phone down with it's memory leak. Desktop manager for mac has been rather pleasant however.
    01-08-10 01:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD