official OS for the 9520? where's our new OS for our s1!!
    12-02-09 06:46 PM
    verizon released 5.0.0.328 not too long ago
    I doubt we'll see anything Official soon from them, maybe one of the other carriers who havent gone 5.0 yet
    I'm hoping for a leak though
    12-02-09 06:50 PM
    I'm trying my best to!!
    12-02-09 06:55 PM
    official OS for the 9520? where's our new OS for our s1!!
    when the storm came out, same thing happened to the curve and bold. Just because the s1 has taken a back seat to newer devices doesnt mean it has been forgotten.
    12-02-09 07:00 PM
    I'm trying my best to!!
    Trying your best to forget about Storm 1 or to get us a Storm 1 leak?
    12-02-09 07:08 PM
    You guys are kidding right .. we got an OS upgrade months ago and it was sweeeeet .. no probs .. plug into your DM once in a while or check CB more often .. .328 is the bomb-diggity
    12-02-09 07:18 PM
    .328 is a bomb alright.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 07:36 PM
    Trying your best to forget about Storm 1 or to get us a Storm 1 leak?
    Forget the disaster that is the Storm 1, of course!
    12-02-09 07:40 PM
    +1. .328 was released publicly a month ago. Do you really expect a new build every 30 days? I mean, you may get used to that with the iPhone, being how they have to fix security vulnerabilities at least that often, but really. Come on.
    12-02-09 07:40 PM
    I'm telling you all jump ship to droid.

I know when my update comes out 12/11
    12-02-09 08:13 PM
    Come on .328 has a serious memory leak on a device that lacks enough memory to survive it and operate properly without rebooting all the time.

I'm going to try one of the Hybrids before I go Android or I try Omnia II as a stop gap until a good Android 2.1 or greater device I like comes out. Is the Dragon/Passion for real?

BB is on it's last gasp...Rim better release something decent soon...or Verizon better not make me pay to take a Storm2 as a fix to the laggy and buggy Storm1. If I gotta pay to replace my Storm1 my money ain't going to RIM (through Verizon) again...Tick Tock...Tick Tock...Tick Tock...
    Last edited by BB_Storm4me; 12-02-09 at 08:19 PM. Reason: typo
    12-02-09 08:16 PM
    I'm telling you all jump ship to droid.

I know when my update comes out 12/11
    I'm not known for doing what I'm told.
    12-02-09 08:17 PM
    Come on .328 has a serious memory leak on a device that lacks enough memory to survive it and operate properly without rebooting all the time.

I'm going to try one of the Hybrids before I go Android or I try Omnia II as a stop gap until a good Android 2.1 or greater device I like comes out. Is the Dragon/Passion for real?

BB is on it's last gasp...Rim better release something decent soon...or Verizon better not make me pay to take a Storm2 as a fix to the laggy and buggy Storm1. If I gotta pay to replace my Storm1 my money ain't going to RIM (through Verizon) again...Tick Tock...Tick Tock...Tick Tock...
    I ran 10 days and dropped 16MB, still have 18MB or memory left. Phone was fully functional, no lag. Running third party theme and many apps. Don't blame the OS for memory leak, looks solid to me.
    12-02-09 08:50 PM
    .328 is a bomb alright.

LOL, good one!
    12-02-09 09:20 PM
    Right, Storm4me. Don't these guys get it? That exactly WHY they put out new gear. To distract the BB groupies with shiny objects. Rim has been irresponsible in addressing the Strom 1 issues and have slapped the faces of early adopters. Obviously, I am one of those sheep that bought the 1. Baaaaaaaaaaah.
    12-03-09 08:34 AM
    TBHO i'm fine with 5.0 as is. nothing that would turn me away from the Storm.........
    12-03-09 01:37 PM
    TBHO i'm fine with 5.0 as is. nothing that would turn me away from the Storm.........
    I'm with this guy.

I upgraded to 5.0 on my Storm the first night it was available. I'm running on the T-Mobile network on an unlocked 9530. Sure, Pandora didn't work right away and that kinda had me freaking out, but then I found out that it was an issue with the app and not the OS.

Anyways, I've been running the Storm on 5.0 just fine from the first install. It's an entirely new device in my mind now since it's more responsive than 4.7.whatever. I run my fair share of apps (none of the social networking ones though) and haven't noticed this memory leak that people are talking about. I hear people in this thread complaining about having to do reboots and such, but I haven't rebooted my phone in over a week...and the last time I rebooted before that was because I uninstalled some useless app.

Seriously, I don't have to ever battery pull on this phone now. In fact, I never did on 4.7 really...unless I did something stupid. I think all the whiners are people who are perfectionists (every OS has a glitch here or there, but there is a difference between broken and minor bugs). In the past, most of the complainers were on a hybrid/shrunk OS and were having problems. Of course you're going to have problems with a hybrid OS, there's a reason they're not official.

As far as the guys saying "jump to Droid," they're terrific phones, but they don't suit the needs of someone that uses a BlackBerry like a lot of people on these boards. I own a Motorola CLIQ and it's a ton of fun to use, but the only area that it really kills the BB series in is the browser. But hey, everyone is going to have their own opinion. I just can't help but wonder why a Droid owner would spend so much time on BB forums trying to stir the pot...
    12-03-09 02:35 PM
    Upgrade to a Storm2 9550
    12-03-09 02:47 PM
    Come on .328 has a serious memory leak on a device that lacks enough memory to survive it and operate properly without rebooting all the time....

Gotta disagree with you on this! Memory went UP for me when I went from 148 to 328. BB Browser uses up some memory, but cleaning the cache frees it all back up. I don't use twttier/FB apps and never install themes.

Meterberry does not leak; my S1 is rock solid on 328!
    12-03-09 02:55 PM
    +4 ^^^^ I'm with pkcable, PurpleSwordfish and Bramsy. My Storm 1 has never been better than it is right now with .328. I'm almost tempted to remove MeterBerry because it is almost pointless now. Memory stays within =/- 1mb from battery pull to battery pull which I am doing twice a week whether it needs it or not. I run over 40 apps (no 3rd party themes). Battery life has improved as well. Recently went 88 hours on a single charge and MB reported 46% life remaining.

Yes, the screen dimming sucks. And voice dialing took a hit although I have found that if I say ... each ... word ... with .. a ... pause between them it actually des function.

Hopefully those 2 things get fixed. Not a deal breaker by any means.
    12-03-09 06:32 PM
    +4 ^^^^ I'm with pkcable, PurpleSwordfish and Bramsy. My Storm 1 has never been better than it is right now with .328. I'm almost tempted to remove MeterBerry because it is almost pointless now. Memory stays within =/- 1mb from battery pull to battery pull which I am doing twice a week whether it needs it or not. I run over 40 apps (no 3rd party themes). Battery life has improved as well. Recently went 88 hours on a single charge and MB reported 46% life remaining.

Yes, the screen dimming sucks. And voice dialing took a hit although I have found that if I say ... each ... word ... with .. a ... pause between them it actually des function.

Hopefully those 2 things get fixed. Not a deal breaker by any means.
    I am with you guys as well. Loving this.
    12-03-09 06:36 PM
    .328 on my phone is stable and no memory leaks so far, I would suggesting testing one app at a time to cure that issue. Verizon will not let you have a free Storm2 so I would suggest with you being so unhappy with your BB to jump ship.

One thing I've always wondered, is if BB is so crappy of a device then why are there so many Droid/iPhone lovers still on the CB forum lol. Sheesh.
    12-03-09 09:30 PM
    I boot with 20 and run down to 14 in a day, 10 in 2 days. Before the upgrade to 5.0 I had mid 30's IIRC and no apps have changed WTF?
    12-03-09 09:54 PM
    happy with my Storm 1... yeah, there are a few little niggles still, but this is a great phone.

the OS they released it with was crap, but at this point?

iPhone or Droid better?

not enough to make it worth switching.
    12-04-09 01:10 AM
    I'd drop my storm1 in a second if it meant getting a droid.

12-04-09 06:46 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD