I have Gmail and my grandmother sent me an email today that i have been receiving at a rate of 5 per every ten minutes for two hours on my BB tour!! when i got home and looked at my gmail account online, they've been sent there too! The Verizon store had never heard of anything like this before. i Need help!! its so annoying and taking up memory!!
    12-02-09 05:41 PM
    I have Gmail and my grandmother sent me an email today that i have been receiving at a rate of 5 per every ten minutes for two hours on my BB tour!! when i got home and looked at my gmail account online, they've been sent there too! The Verizon store had never heard of anything like this before. i Need help!! its so annoying and taking up memory!!
    They actually have been sent to your gmail account and then pushed or fowarded to your tour as that is also the email you have set up on your tour.
    For now delete every one of them from your tour making sure you choose to delete from handheld and server.

Send a support ticket to gmail or google that is letting them know to look into it as it is their server repeat sending the email in error which unfortunatly although rare happens from time to time.

Best of luck and welcome to the forums.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 12-02-09 at 06:04 PM.
    12-02-09 05:46 PM
    If it showed up to your gmail this many times, it is a gmail issue, not Rim or VZW. Sound like Grandma got spam happy
    12-02-09 05:47 PM
    I would call the police because she is definitely STALKING you!!
    12-02-09 05:51 PM
    Was it at least a good email? Grandma's sometimes forget they sent an email and keep resending thinking they didnt go through cause you didnt call them 5 mins later. Give her a call, tell her you got it, bet they stop! LOL..

Yeah, its a gmail, google or grandma issue! (wow, now that's 3G)
    12-02-09 05:59 PM
    I know what the problem is. The problem is on your grandmas computer. The email is most likely stuck in her "outbox". If that is the case it will send itself over and over again. She needs to drag the email into her "sent" folder to get it to stop or delete it.
    12-03-09 01:03 AM
    Contact her and have her delete it from her end. Her system may be resending it. I had that happen.
    12-06-09 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD