It takes a while to develop these things, but figured we'd see at least one or two I-phone games ported by now.

I wonder what the community thinks the holdup is. Do you think its the (A) coding or (B) getting the new apps cleared and posted on AP world or (C) no one wants to develop for 1 or 2 BB devices that can utilize the technology - especially when the 2 devices are so dissimilar (S2 v. Bold 2)?

Or maybe I'm not being patient enough.
    12-02-09 11:54 AM
    I am concerned about the lack of response by developers to all of the recent announcements by RIM (widgets, OpenGL, push, various APIs,...)
    12-02-09 12:21 PM
    I would say A and B. Even though RIM would probably be wanting to push out the OpenGL apps. Who knows though..
    12-02-09 12:21 PM
    I am getting concerned. Based on what they did with the theme developer, I sure hope they didn't screw the pooch on implementation.
    12-02-09 01:23 PM
    Did he say "iPhone games", in a BB thread? But the iPhone is such a toy!
    12-02-09 01:27 PM
    I don't think the 9700 is capable of OpenGL, only the Storm2 and 8530 (and maybe Tour...)
    12-02-09 01:31 PM
    I hope that we don't get a load of crap games flooding the market. I mean look at that demo of that skiing one, it looks awful compared to tthe youtube video of the development of 'Need for Speed'
    12-02-09 01:48 PM
    I believe the only phones that are OpenGL capable, are currently the 9550, and 8530, and maybe the essex when it comes out. I would be suprised if the 9700 isnt capable though... it was just released.
    12-02-09 01:53 PM
    It gets to me as well, all the hype that surrounded opengl has yet to show it's face in anything released. Need For Speed hasn't showed up, I grabbed that Backcountry Ski game..........NOT!!! There were a gang of developers running around saying they couldn't wait for opengl, but where are those fantastic releases??? Who knows???
    12-02-09 01:53 PM
    I am sure there is probably some coding issue holding it up..... or alot of people don't want to be the first to drop one and be critisized about it for months when one that looks a ton better gets drop same day or something like that. People on CB can be rutheless!
    12-02-09 02:03 PM
    I am sure there is probably some coding issue holding it up..... or alot of people don't want to be the first to drop one and be critisized about it for months when one that looks a ton better gets drop same day or something like that. People on CB can be rutheless!
    That's true, but I still have to wonder why we haven't even seen the demo version of NFS to atleast pacify us.
    12-02-09 02:07 PM
    Did he say "iPhone games", in a BB thread? But the iPhone is such a toy!
    Hey PimpKat70 go back to the Droid section
    12-02-09 02:08 PM
    I would say C. I don't think devs want to make games that would only be compatible with 2 devices. I mean they already don't make that much money off of them anyways and then spend all that time for something that will only be compatible for two devices....but eventually I think we will atleast see a few. Hopefully in the next couple of months.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 03:14 PM
    Lol....when was DevCon? 3 weeks ago maybe? Last week was a holiday/short week. You guys are so impatient. Now now now....that's the problem with our society these days. FFS.....give them more than 2.5 weeks to develop a freaking game.
    12-02-09 03:17 PM
    Lol....when was DevCon? 3 weeks ago maybe? Last week was a holiday/short week. You guys are so impatient. Now now now....that's the problem with our society these days. FFS.....give them more than 2.5 weeks to develop a freaking game.
    Ahh that makes sense....these things so take awhile to write.

12-02-09 03:19 PM
    Also this whole idea of people not wanting to code for 2 devices....what about the jesus phone? there is one of them and when the 3g/3gs came out it took awhile for decent looking and ok gameplay games to get on that singular platform. So all i'm saying is, 5.0 just was implemented on 3 devices and opengl was just made available...I have a good feeling about this especially with EA giving that nfs:shift demo, only time will tell.
    12-02-09 05:54 PM
    They also must be aware that Christmas is almost upon us and therefore a market time not to be missed. If they do start squeezing out releases, lets hope they are not heavily flawed beta's.

That would only serve to loose consumer confidence.
    12-02-09 06:36 PM
    No no no no. There are NO games to be put on a Blackberry. They aren't toys, like the iPhone... right? I mean, they are strictly business, and everybody who has an iPhone uses it for stupid games that no Blackberry user would want.

Oh wait...

Maybe somebody could make a neato little Graph program which incorporates OpenGL for all the business users.

But no games.
    12-02-09 06:38 PM
    No no no no. There are NO games to be put on a Blackberry. They aren't toys, like the iPhone... right? I mean, they are strictly business, and everybody who has an iPhone uses it for stupid games that no Blackberry user would want.

Oh wait...

Maybe somebody could make a neato little Graph program which incorporates OpenGL for all the business users.

But no games.
    Trust me, I would much much MUCH rather have my 9550 as a consumer device rather than a business device! I can only wait and hope! The tour is a business phone and the storm and s2 "should" be consumer devices. RIM should have both with two different types of OS's and different UI.

12-02-09 06:42 PM

Oh wait...

But no games.
    Stop Jeff! A hardcore BB user would NEVER use his/her BB for, dare I say, games! Opengl is for business users to make their graphs and charts dance!
    12-02-09 06:51 PM
    Stop Jeff! A hardcore BB user would NEVER use his/her BB for, dare I say, games! Opengl is for business users to make their graphs and charts dance!
    It's going to be hilarious to see all these BB users go ape &*$@ over games when they all used it against iPhone users.
    12-02-09 06:56 PM
    I really like my BB but I don't use it for business. I will own a android device and just hope that RIM will set the storm series phones for the consumer direction. Now that more and more consumers are owning pda phones RIM should change the direction a little. I will always own a BB and I can't wait to have a BB geared for us consumers. Once this happens I'm sure a lot of android users will consider a BB again.

12-02-09 06:58 PM
    It's going to be hilarious to see all these BB users go ape &*$@ over games when they all used it against iPhone users.
    Exactly! Just like they love to bash the iPhone for extensive amounts of "fart apps", I saw an S2 thread earlier today where someone was bragging about the fact that they had over 80 apps installed and still had x amount of memory. I guess all 80+ apps were productivity apps? No one is that productive!!
    12-02-09 07:07 PM
    I don't understand why your saying the typical storm user wants it for business. I'm sure at least 70% of users want the storm to be a better consumer device. Stop instagating here and post over at the droid form. I'm on both and I keep my posts respectable.

12-02-09 07:16 PM
    I don't understand why your saying the typical storm user wants it for business. I'm sure at least 70% of users want the storm to be a better consumer device. Stop instagating here and post over at the droid form. I'm on both and I keep my posts respectable.

1,200 posts and you ask why? You have been here long enuff to know that "true" BB users bash anything "fun" (iPhone). They go on and on about 2 second email and everything BES. They ridicule the iPhone as a toy, but now they want iPhone games ported? Can't have it both ways.
    12-02-09 07:21 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD