Well, I guess it's out since I tried downloading it for my 9700. It says it's not compatible with the 9700, but the version I snagged didn't work - when you depressed the trackpad, it didn't function like hitting enter did.

But hey, http://mini.opera.com - help yourself.
    12-02-09 01:00 AM
    Did not like my 9700 either. Froze up every time i went to MacRumors.com (one of my test sites for browsers).
    12-02-09 01:39 AM
    Doesn't work on my 9630 either. The 4.7 version is expecting it to be installed on a Storm. No touch-screen = no way to input.
    12-02-09 08:23 AM
    Just downloaded and played a little on my storm looks interesting but still no push to click options it selects options when you highlight them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 08:40 AM
    Works great for my storm. !

12-02-09 08:52 AM
    yeah froze my 9700. Will try a few more times
    12-02-09 09:23 AM
    won't waste my time with it then, need a version that makes use of the storms hardware, and that includes the click screen.
    12-02-09 09:25 AM
    Where's the virtual keyboard? It's no longer an option in the Settings menu. I wouldn't mind using the BB keyboard if you could have the option to use the SureType reduced keyboard layout rather than the multitap one. Ugh.
    12-02-09 09:37 AM
    won't waste my time with it then, need a version that makes use of the storms hardware, and that includes the click screen.
    Yeah this is perfect for the storm but sucks for the non-touchscreen devices. Having to scroll just to exit instead of just pressing the menu button is too much work.
    12-02-09 09:50 AM
    Wow, do not download this new Beta 2! It works fine on the Storm but for any other device it seems very flawed. Tried 2 versions of this on my Tour and neither worked, going back to Beta 1...
    12-02-09 09:50 AM
    So does anyone know where I can find a link to Opera 5 Beta 1? Or how about a way I can get it off my wife's device and onto mine??
    12-02-09 10:19 AM
    Possibly if you back up yor wife's device and load it onto yours via your pc and the desktop device software. . .

12-02-09 10:49 AM
    So does anyone know where I can find a link to Opera 5 Beta 1? Or how about a way I can get it off my wife's device and onto mine??
    I would try using BBSAK to pull it off and load it onto yours.
    12-02-09 10:54 AM
    I have a bold 9000 on os 5.0.0.314. I downloaded from Opera Web Browser | Faster & safer | Download the new Internet browsers free ota and it would freeze over and over, had the same issues as everyone else using a trackball. This is because it is installing opera V4.7 which is only for the touchscreen storm. So I found in the opera forums the info and link below. I downloaded v4.3 which is for everything 4.3 and up EXCEPT for storm OSs, unziped and tried installing from DM and it errored out saying not compatible with my bold. So I opened up BBSAK (BB swiss army knife v1.7) and installed the COD that route. Worked, and OM 5v2 is working MUCH better. Trackball works to click, select, etc.... no more freezes, atleast as of yet... might be worth trying this if it didn't work the first time.

Opera Mini 5 beta for OS 4.2.x is for OS 4.2.1 up to 4.3.
    Opera Mini 5 beta for OS 4.3.x is for OS 4.3 up to 4.7
    Opera Mini 5 beta for OS 4.7.x is for OS 4.7 only - touch devices, but we will try to get this to work for OS 5 soon, too.

Opera Mini | The most popular mobile phone browser in the world
    12-02-09 10:55 AM
    This very imo is messed up. It keeps freezing my 8900 on os 5

12-02-09 10:56 AM
    I have a bold 9000 on os 5.0.0.314. I downloaded from Opera Web Browser | Faster & safer | Download the new Internet browsers free ota and it would freeze over and over, had the same issues as everyone else using a trackball. This is because it is installing opera V4.7 which is only for the touchscreen storm. So I found in the opera forums the info and link below. I downloaded v4.3 which is for everything 4.3 and up EXCEPT for storm OSs, unziped and tried installing from DM and it errored out saying not compatible with my bold. So I opened up BBSAK (BB swiss army knife v1.7) and installed the COD that route. Worked, and OM 5v2 is working MUCH better. Trackball works to click, select, etc.... no more freezes, atleast as of yet... might be worth trying this if it didn't work the first time.

Opera Mini 5 beta for OS 4.7.x is for OS 4.7 only - touch devices, but we will try to get this to work for OS 5 soon, too.

I would also do a clean install, meaning remove the old, battery pull/reset and then install fresh.
    12-02-09 10:56 AM
    I installed beta 2 a little while ago and all is good so far. Runs well, i like the new interface. Pretty cool setup. Alot easier to navigate and such now for me. Menu selection (tools,bookmarks and such.) are easier to work with. Wish they would do a storm friendly version but im used to how opera operates so its not a big issue anymore.
    12-02-09 11:29 AM
    Works great on my 9000 plus it doesnt delete everything when U click the delete key and u can click enter and it goes to the next line and not close the msg box as if Im done. I like it alot more already.
    12-02-09 11:38 AM

It worked, nice job!
    12-02-09 11:39 AM
    Working great on 8830 4.5!

12-02-09 11:56 AM
    im running os 5.0.0.230 and irtehun's hybrid v7.11 on a 9630, and i've tried the mini beta 2 v4.7 and the v4.3 which supposedly worked for other people and i can't get it to enter with the trackball press OR scroll sideways either! i installed it OTA so is that why its not working? im just about ready to give up although i've been waiting for a fix so that this would work on my tour. i coudln't even get beta 1 to work on my tour before either running os 5. dammit.
    12-02-09 11:56 AM
    Installed it on my Bold running 5.0.0.314 and it locked it up tight. Had to pull the battery... Forget that it's not worth the work since the native browser is working great
    12-02-09 12:15 PM
    It started to work ok on my 8310, but now I to am getting the freeze ups, I will continue to use 4.2 for now.
    Last edited by joemd60; 12-02-09 at 12:24 PM.
    12-02-09 12:20 PM
    it freezes for like 10 seconds everytime you go on a different web page ...
    12-02-09 01:42 PM
    I have to say I am very disappointed with the lack of virtual keyboard - it allowed me to surf quietly at work instead of "click...click click...click". I hope they re-incorporate it. Haven't tried downloads yet but this is great news. Also, the ability to open in BBBrowser or OM was a much-needed fix.

Overall, well done, but bring back my virtual keyboard!

Please?
    12-02-09 01:49 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD