Hello all,

I am completely content with my BlackBerry Tour and have loved it since the day I got it the day it launched. I had the Curve before that, and loved it. The storm before that and disliked it. Before I had the Storm I had an iPhone and liked it, but hated the dreadful speeds. I am asking if I should make the jump to Droid, because everything I use my phone for the Tour does extremely well, and weirdly most of the apps I used are available on the Tour. I primarily use my phone for communication, phone, email, text, and bbm. I have played with a Droid and it seems extremely interesting, but is it the right device for my needs? I like the idea of more streamlined web surfing, and the more fluid less error problem bringing os. I am hesitant to make this change because the BlackBerry does the communication stuff I need, extremely well, and my little time with the Droid, I wasnt used to the touch keyboard or physical one enough to make a judgement.

Thanks for all opinions!
    12-01-09 10:18 PM
    If you spend a lot of time on the browser, get the Droid. If you don't, stick with the Tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 10:28 PM
    If you spend a lot of time on the browser, get the Droid. If you don't, stick with the Tour.

This pretty much sums it up. I was in the same position as you and now I cant believe I almost left my Tour. It does everything I need it to do. The keyboard is my favorite. I love email and all my apps.

On the other hand, the droid looks like an amazing phone and if you can get by the physical keyboard, it would be great for browsing and media.
    12-01-09 10:33 PM
    Yes this is how I feel. I am glad I wrote this because I read it again and I basically answered my question. For the things I would use the droid for, the Tour does it just as good or better. The rest of the stuff I dont care much about, right now anyway.
    12-01-09 10:42 PM
    screen size, screen size, screen size. If you use the browser than the droid is the best option for you.
    12-02-09 12:26 AM
    I do not use the browser that much honestly. I would love to switch to droid, but I'm not up for upgrade yet, and the cheapest no agreement I found is walmart for 500. I think Tour is probably best solution for me still based on my uses, but I wanna try it bad!

12-02-09 01:23 AM
    I disagree with the whole "Do you web browse? Get the DROID!" thing; sure, it's one of the great things about the phone, but it's so much more than just a web browser. If you are a more consumer oriented user, definitely check out the DROID, because it is easily the best on Verizon and arguably the best out there; if you're a more business oriented user, you might want to stick with your BB for a little while longer until Android gets a few things patched up to make it a more business-friendly operating system.
    12-02-09 01:59 AM
    I disagree with the whole "Do you web browse? Get the DROID!" thing; sure, it's one of the great things about the phone, but it's so much more than just a web browser. If you are a more consumer oriented user, definitely check out the DROID, because it is easily the best on Verizon and arguably the best out there; if you're a more business oriented user, you might want to stick with your BB for a little while longer until Android gets a few things patched up to make it a more business-friendly operating system.
    In respect to what you say, going from a Tour to the Droid, what would I respectively lose? and what would I gain?
    12-02-09 02:12 AM
    if all of ur friends are on BBM you will lose that unless they also use google talk.
    12-02-09 02:35 AM
    You honestly wouldn't be losing much. The Droid is a great device. Go to your local VZW store and play with one...you will love it! With open source the sky is the limit on what can be done and the capabilities.

12-02-09 03:36 AM
    I stuck with my Tour as well. I played around with the droid, but did not care for the touch screen again. I had a storm in the past and hated it for its touch screen too, and same goes for the Droid. They qwerty keyboard on the Tour cant be beat!
    12-02-09 08:47 AM
    Honestly, I've been amped about the Blackberry Tour 2 for some time, but the more and more I hear about the Droid, the more I'm tempted to try it out...
    12-02-09 09:04 AM
    Honestly, I've been amped about the Blackberry Tour 2 for some time, but the more and more I hear about the Droid, the more I'm tempted to try it out...
    Thats about how I feel, I cannot make up my mind. Ive played with the Droid, but not for long periods of time. Its very very cool, I just dont know, its an expensive change for me, I am bored with my BB.
    12-02-09 12:28 PM
    Try it out. You have 30 days. The keyboard felt weird at first (coming from a Tour myself), but after a while, I think its a great keyboard; it works for me. As far as web browsing, its a no brainer. The droid is a lot better for surfing the web. Hope u make the right decision.
    12-02-09 12:52 PM
    BBM I am not so worried about because all of my friends on bbm also have unlimited texting. As long as texting on the droid is as fluid as that with threaded texting on the tour, I dont see the change being to much of an issue. I will miss some of the push services. How is the quality of Motorola's build of the droid? Call quality compared to the Tour?
    12-02-09 01:35 PM
    I still think I am going to stick with my Tour at this point. I do not use, or intend to use my phone for multimedia, and everything internet related I already get on my Tour. I use Viigo for a few RSS feeds, and AP Mobile for other news. I also really am enjoying the new eBay app. I think with my Tour only being as old as July, ill stick it out for awhile and see where things end up, im not losing anything in how my daily use goes staying with my BlackBerry, my extent of multimedia use is slacker, so unless slacker takes a huge audio quality leap on Android, I am good for now. Ill revisit when the next big Android comes around I think.
    12-02-09 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD