OK peeps! Lovin' the S2 but have one prob... when I press the lock button the screen will fade right before it goes black I see the infamous little clock in the center of the screen. Now since I did press the lock button the screen should stay off and black if I press the screen right?..... well it does about 50% of the time the other times it will click and light right back up with the message "you must press the lock button to unlock". Should I try and return or is this something to deal with. And I did do a search before posting this.
    12-01-09 10:02 PM
    My lock button results are funky and inconsistent, too. It goes immediately to black, so my owner message doesn't show. When I hit any of the bottom keys, it pops up with the "screen is locked" box right across my message about contact info. just in case someone would like to return my phone to me. Weird. It just started that today, along with some difference in the screen dimming (as in, is starting to dim like the S1, on a much slighter scale). I'm going to do a batt pull (gosh, I kind of miss doing those...I've done so few since I got my S2!) and a fresh charge on the battery and see how it goes tomorrow.
    12-01-09 11:33 PM
    I had the same problem. I tried a battery pull and it fixed the problem. Now when I hit the power button in the top right corner the screen goes blank and cannot be "clicked". I hope there is a way to change this behavior in SW because having to do a battery pull is not really a good solution.

Additional information:
    * I had this happen once before and it fixed itself.
    * Another time I thought I noticed some relationship between hitting the mute button on the top right and toggling this behavior. However the last time it happened I did not observe the same correlation so it may have been a strange coincidence.
    * the last time it broke I was using pandora
    12-02-09 03:29 PM
    I think the bottom four buttons are supposed to still be able to click. Atleast mine and my brothers work like that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 03:42 PM
    I think the bottom four buttons are supposed to still be able to click. Atleast mine and my brothers work like that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I am talking about "clicking" the middle of the screen.

My bottom buttons can still be clicked even when the middle of the screen cannot. However sometimes even the middle becomes clickable when it is supposed to be locked.
    12-02-09 04:31 PM
    Well after putting up with this for another day, I broke down and went to the VZW store and here we go. Getting refurb #1 sent to me. I hope this doesnt become a cronic problem. Will keep ya posted.
    12-03-09 11:24 AM
    Well after putting up with this for another day, I broke down and went to the VZW store and here we go. Getting refurb #1 sent to me. I hope this doesnt become a cronic problem. Will keep ya posted.
    I wish you luck and let us know how it goes. I'm not convinced that it will help though. This strikes me as a software issue and not a hardware issue. I'm still hoping to hear someone say that the behavior can be changed by tweaking a setting somewhere.

Mine has been working "fine" since I did the battery pull. However sometimes while it is in my pocket I can tell the screen is getting pressed. I pull it out and sure enough the screen is on but locked (meaning I get the dialog that says to hit the power button to unlock the screen but the screen is still clickable). After it times out the screen screen goes off and is no longer clickable.

It is only a battery concern for me though since the screen is still functionally locked nothing gets done accidentally.
    12-03-09 12:40 PM
    Well well well.......I got mine S2 replacement today and it was not good......It came in a nice white box marked "like new replacement. First thing I did was press one the screen and much to my suprise, all I heard was "CLICK" from the right upper corner without the battery! Grrrr. I was frustraed with that so I held the phone with a normal grip and shook it. When I did that I heard "click, click, click" WTF! Needless to say after ******** at the VZW store, another replacement on the way. Stay tuned......
    12-08-09 11:46 PM
    clickign when you shook it? I would say that either was shipped broken, or broken in shipment.
    12-09-09 12:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD