I have had my storm1 9530 just a little after it was released and i still have the same phone minimal scratches on it but i have not had any major issues and i use the $#%! out of it. maybe i just got one of the better made phones....

So for all of you out there not wanting to get a bb or any phone for that matter because of other peoples issues, just know not all phones are made crappy...
    12-01-09 09:14 PM
    I got mine on release day...no hardware defects at all and it has a beautiful click.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 09:18 PM
    Only had mine since Sept of this year .. but good-got-dayyyuummm.. no issues at all .. use it for everything !
    12-01-09 09:20 PM
    I have been wanting to upgrade and i was not sure if i wanted to get the storm2 but after playing with it i like my storm1, memory could be better though only complaint, and im so used to the touch screen not sure if i want to wait for the essex.. hard decision. still loving my storm1
    12-01-09 09:31 PM
    Got my S1 in Feb. 09 and it has worked very well. I never had to exchange it or had any hardware issues at all. When I got the flyer to upgrade for $179, I went for it. My S1 screen was very dim all of the time, even on 100. They said they would exchange it for me, but I didn't want a refurb and the S2 was calling to me. I have a perfectly good S1 storm sitting around now,, aside from the dim screen; I like a bright screen.
    12-01-09 09:33 PM
    Got my S1 in Feb. 09 and it has worked very well. I never had to exchange it or had any hardware issues at all. When I got the flyer to upgrade for $179, I went for it. My S1 screen was very dim all of the time, even on 100. They said they would exchange it for me, but I didn't want a refurb and the S2 was calling to me. I have a perfectly good S1 storm sitting around now,, aside from the dim screen; I like a bright screen.

Im going to best buy tommarrow im playing with the phone one more time i may just get it lets hope its going to be as good as my s1 is or ill cry lol
    12-01-09 09:42 PM
    I got mine on release day...no hardware defects at all and it has a beautiful click.
    Same thing here ... Got my 9530 a week after release day...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 09:43 PM
    I've had my Storm 1 for 50 weeks. No issues once I tweaked the click screen a little. No hardware issues - just the software issues most everyone has seen like the memory leaks, occasional lockups... all before v5.
    I can upgrade on the 12th and will do so on the BOGO because my daughter wants a Tour. Can't beat free. I played with a Storm 2 for a while at the store on Saturday and it seems to be quicker and smoother. If BB would fix their slug of a browser this phone would be perfect. It's not the network because I can hook up my laptop using Tetherberry and have quick everything so it's the browser itself.
    12-01-09 10:22 PM
    Got mine a year ago and it is still running great, considering the OS issues.
    12-01-09 10:41 PM
    I've had my Storm 1 for 50 weeks. No issues once I tweaked the click screen a little. No hardware issues - just the software issues most everyone has seen like the memory leaks, occasional lockups... all before v5.
    I can upgrade on the 12th and will do so on the BOGO because my daughter wants a Tour. Can't beat free. I played with a Storm 2 for a while at the store on Saturday and it seems to be quicker and smoother. If BB would fix their slug of a browser this phone would be perfect. It's not the network because I can hook up my laptop using Tetherberry and have quick everything so it's the browser itself.

are you going for the s2, from what i been reading there should be a new web browser coming out on the 15 or so of december..lets hope its not bs....
    12-01-09 10:46 PM
    I got mine in January ... My storm is like wine, it works better as it ages.
    12-01-09 11:12 PM
    I have had my S1 since the week after Thanksgiving 2008. It has been a great phone and I am amazed when I read all the complaints about it. Since installing the newest OS it has been an even better phone. I use it for everything. I did not expect it to be a computer, camera, or toy and so was not disappointed. I had a World Edition and when I got my Storm I loved the click screen from the beginning. I use the S1 primarily for work. It is with me 24/7.

I think that users (like me) don't post much and so it appears that the Storm is a subrate phone. It isn't. Mine does what it was designed to do - work. Yes - I reboot once a day and it is not a big deal. The browser stinks but I have a laptop and I am confident RIM will make some improvements. Email is awesome and I love BBM.

I am considering the S2 but hesitate only because my S1 is working so well. I have the apps I want. However, I work part time in an area where there is wireless but no cell service and wifi would be a big plus for me. Will be going to a store to play with one.
    12-01-09 11:29 PM
    I've had my Storm since Feb...I have loved using it all through the OS leaks and tweaks...

But alas, my charging/data port has gone south and I must get a replacement...

Eligible for an upgrade now, but will hold out till S3(?)
    12-01-09 11:33 PM
    I got my Storm 1 release day. Still working great. Got a Storm 2 release day and its working great. Must be just lucky, LOL!
    12-02-09 08:00 AM
    Got my storm Jan 23, 2009. It's a great device! I havent had any problems with it hardware wise. It's been loaded with every possible OS that has come out or leaked. The past week the speaker is starting to sound distorted. Other than that, I have a well built storm!
    12-02-09 09:35 AM
    My wife and I got his and hers matching S1s on release week1 and both have been without issue since. Mine develops a glitch or two every once in a while due to a leaked OS (Did I really say that? ). But neither of us have had any complaints.
    12-02-09 09:37 AM
    Since March 14, 2009. Still on my first one and it works great.
    12-02-09 09:43 AM
    5 months and still works great! Had to do the Torx fix though
    12-02-09 09:47 AM
    I picked up 2 Storms on 2/13/09 & both have had no hardware issues at all.
    12-02-09 10:25 AM
    Picked mine in January '09 and it is still going strong. Like another poster above mine has run without problems. I come on the boards, read the horror stories, scratch my head and give thanks I don't have their Storm. I still love it and I use the #@$*� out of it.

ps. I could never give up the screen size and push email.
    12-02-09 10:27 AM
    I have been using my original since February with no problems.
    12-02-09 10:51 AM
    Have had mine since December 08. No issues at all except software stuff. Now on 5.0.328 OS and what a huge difference. No screen click issue at all. Have dropped it at least 3 times right on the top edge and nothing but scratches. Was looking at the Droid but really like the feel of the S1, probably will go to the S2 when it is time. Good solid phone.
    12-02-09 11:11 AM
    since august...
    12-02-09 11:45 AM
    Had mine since Launch day (11/21/08)

the only thing wrong with mine is a bit of dust under the screenwhich is only boothersome in direct sunlight.

Since I'm Pale as a ghost, I'm already accustomed to avoiding direct sunlight.
    Last edited by Devlyn16; 12-02-09 at 11:47 AM.
    12-02-09 11:45 AM
    Got mine Dec. 08 & have had zero issues...haven't messed with any of the leaks, have a couple of apps & still haven't upgraded to 5.0 (haven't had the time to hook up to pc).

I'm eligible for a full upgrade in April '10 & I'm sure I will because I always want the "new toy"....
    12-02-09 01:10 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD