I know this is going to sound like a dumb question and will probably have an easy answer but can you still use the 8900 with TMobile and not have the data plan? If so, what features will no longer be able to be utilized?

Thankee
    12-01-09 09:01 PM
    Just bought the wife a 8900 and she has no data plan, phone works great. No WEB or e-mail, that's all. We are T-Mobile as well. I also use a Pearl with no data plan - no problem.

Enjoy the phone,

Jerry T
    12-01-09 09:28 PM
    I have one and I just browse using hotspot browser. Some apps won't work but noo biggy to me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 09:39 PM
    no e-mail or web; however you can surf the net using hotspots. Most of the apps will not work though.
    12-01-09 10:54 PM
    I know this is going to sound like a dumb question and will probably have an easy answer but can you still use the 8900 with TMobile and not have the data plan? If so, what features will no longer be able to be utilized?

Thankee
    Sure, you can use it as "normal" mobile phone: Just phone and SMS.
    Other things won't work, like applications, GPS, messengers, e-mails, internet...
    Wait - Internet will work ONLY with Wi-Fi.

12-02-09 02:32 AM
    If you're on wifi, some apps may work. But when you're not in range, it's calls/SMS only.

12-02-09 07:14 AM
    3rd party apps will work on wifi. You can download LogicMail for your email needs.

Google's apps will work. Just don't install them using the blackberry browser. You should download Bolt or Operan Mini.

You can always just use the unlimited web2go plan. Only 3rd party apps will work with the web2go data plan.
    12-02-09 07:57 AM
    3rd party apps will work on wifi. You can download LogicMail for your email needs.

Google's apps will work. Just don't install them using the blackberry browser. You should download Bolt or Operan Mini.

You can always just use the unlimited web2go plan. Only 3rd party apps will work with the web2go data plan.
    Most 3rd party app will not work without the data plan. You will find that some will work just most will not.
    12-03-09 10:59 AM
    Cool, thanks everyone. I have never been in a situation where I have not had the data and such. Trying to work out a budget with the wife. Some things have to go for a while. Damn
    12-03-09 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD