My notification icons will only show up when I go into the messages folder and not on the home screen. I get Voice mail, email and text icons but I DO NOT get BBM or AIM messenger until i go into messages and they show up. Does anyone know how to get these icons to appear on the home screen.

Thanks
    12-01-09 11:45 AM
    I think that you may want to look for the actual icons (whether they are found in applications, instant messaging, etc) and move them to the home screen. So select the icon-hit the blackberry menu key-move to folder-home. Now you will find the icon in the main screen so just do a move to whereever within the screen you want it to be. The top six are the ones that will be features in the main-main screen.
    12-01-09 03:04 PM
    Thanks for help, However i am not talking about the icons on the menu. I am talking about the notifications at the top of the screen when a new message comes in. AIM and BBM do not show up on the home screen bar when a message is received. the icon shows only when in the messages folder. Any other advice.

Thanks
    12-02-09 12:02 PM
    What OS version?
    What theme?
    Have done a battery pull with the device turned on?
    12-02-09 07:21 PM
    OS - 4.5.0.169
    Theme - Tried all that come on the device (Curve 8330)
    Battery Pull numorous times
    12-04-09 11:30 AM
    have you tried to d/l a different theme??? to see if that helped?
    how do you have your messages grouped?

Go into your Messages folder then hit the BB button, select Options / General Options / then scroll down the page to see how the SMS and Email Inboxes are set.. combined/separate/theme controlled

try changing these and see if that helps.
    12-04-09 12:21 PM
    Thanks,

I tried that. I have them as seperate. which is the way i want it.
    12-07-09 02:27 PM
    OS - 4.5.0.169
    Theme - Tried all that come on the device (Curve 8330)
    Battery Pull numorous times
    have you tried any third party themes to see if that helps?
    12-07-09 11:02 PM
    Oh.. also, you might want to consider upgrading your OS?? that might help as well.
    12-07-09 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD