Remove the simcard from your phone.(VerizonWireless customers)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 11:05 AM
    What will that do for battery life?

12-01-09 11:16 AM
    I removed the sim card yesterday, the battery life HAS NOT IMPROVED!
    12-01-09 11:19 AM
    Im only losing 5% per hour since removing the simcard. and im a heavy user. Usually browsing while chatting in beejive. This month ill brake the 1gb benchmark in data usage.

12-01-09 11:22 AM
    if you change the network technology setting to 1XEV in the network settings it will not even use the simcard. no need to take it out.
    12-01-09 11:51 AM
    Either way it does not improve the battery life.... I am using the Seido Extended and it is no better than the stock battery. I may have a defective phone.... I dont know what else could be causing the issue.....

Before you guys say it... I have done all of the steps necessary to improve the battery life (Closed programs, 1XEV, Home Only, no wifi or bluetooth etc.)
    12-01-09 11:58 AM
    I have changed the swipe sensitivity setting to the lowest and I've noticed a big improvement in the battery life and no difference in the swipe.

12-01-09 12:08 PM
    I have changed the swipe sensitivity setting to the lowest and I've noticed a big improvement in the battery life and no difference in the swipe.

It is actually different. Just barely noticeable

I dont see why that would save battery life though... Maybe less readings to take on the screen. I will have to try it. I am looking to see if I can get a full 24 hours of battery from my phone WITH NORMAL USE
    12-01-09 12:50 PM
    Well, my battery would be dead by now, and I played a lot with it today, more then usual. Can somebody else try this tomorrow and see if it lasts longer?
    I now have a line and a half in the battery icon.

12-01-09 12:54 PM
    I will give it a try tomorrow after I charge my battery overnight and I'll let you know what I get.

Normally, I lose about 3/4 of my battery through the day, so it should be a pretty good test.
    12-01-09 01:22 PM
    I will give it a try and see if it helps, but I doubt it will... I have my network selection set to home only, so it shouldn't even look for a SIM card.
    12-01-09 02:57 PM
    I agree the battery life is poor on the storm but I was thinking does this new touch screen use a lot of power? It does not bother me as much I am always near a charger.

12-01-09 03:11 PM
    Okay how the eff do i take my SIM card out? Alright im not stupid, i know its in the back. But mine looks like its bolted down or something...is the silver suppose to slide cuz it ain't even moving. Someone must not want me to remove this.
    12-01-09 03:17 PM
    Okay how the eff do i take my SIM card out? Alright im not stupid, i know its in the back. But mine looks like its bolted down or something...is the silver suppose to slide cuz it ain't even moving. Someone must not want me to remove this.
    Don't bother. Set your Network to 1XEV and it's the same as taking out the SIM.

Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options > Network Technology > 1XEV
    12-01-09 03:25 PM
    I already have the setting since day 1. Im just wondering why im unable to take out my SIM, should i get a new phone? This thing is seriously not budging...
    12-01-09 03:30 PM
    -Change network setting to 1XEV
    -wifi/BT off
    -screen brightness 30 or 40
    -screen timeout-10
    -close unused apps

Turn on/off GPS does not do a thing since the GPS is only active when an app uses it like gmaps/bbmaps/navigation apps.

Those are the best ways to save battery
    12-01-09 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD