Anyone else having issues with their service from T-Mobile the past few days?

edge/EDGE.

and something else that's weird is that my phone will completely shut off the service signal and a red "X" will be where the EDGE usually goes and i have to manually go in to the manage connection mode and select and select "mobile network" checkmark for it to come back on.

whats up with that?

battery pulls every so often fix it for a bit.
    12-01-09 10:44 AM
    where in Va?
    12-01-09 01:43 PM
    I'm having the same problem but it's only for a few minutes at a time when it happens. I get edge or the red x for a few minutes and then it goes back to EDGE or 3G.

Edit: I'm in central VA.
    Last edited by bigtime2; 12-01-09 at 05:08 PM.
    12-01-09 04:59 PM
    I'm in Northern VA and yeah it has been fluctuating quite a bit.

Honestly though sometime in August it seemed the signal around my area became significantly weaker. I was always able to receive calls in my house from everywhere, but since like mid august I can't anymore unless it is next to my front window. It is like this at work now too. I've tried different phones to no avail.

Oddly whne I tried a 3G phone (Sidekick LX 2009) for a week I got significantly better reception but it was always 3G. I have used several Blackberries since and am basically forced to use UMA. The T-Mob told me to basically suck it up.
    12-02-09 02:03 PM
    I'm in NOVA as well and i'm getting fairly spotty service. The 3G hasn't been too fast, although it tells me that i've got full service (5 bars). I've also seen the blackberry logo next to the 3G at the top right fading in and out... so who knows. Maybe i need a new sim? I am using the old one from like february or march from my old 8900
    12-03-09 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD